Green Lantern Corps #42 (Major Spoilers, Super Major Spoilers!!)

Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Comiclove5

(Those who Haven't read this have Been warned) 
    Did anybody expect Kyle's Death, I didn't it was a huge shock and this is definitly the thing that turns Guy into a Red Lantern. What Do you guys think? How do you feel about Kyle's death?
    Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By Spectrum

I thought it was crazy!!! 

Seeing him save so many it finally woke me up to how cool Rayner is. I remember, i think it was, G-man say how he preferred Kyle to Hal and I could never understand that, untill now! It was so simple, so excellently captured thorugh excellent images and a lack of dialougue. His final words are brilliant, the way their cut off i thought was more orignial than cliche! Im glad they didnt cut off the word love, which Iv seen done before and it strikes me as silly and, as I said before, cliche!  

Kyle really comes across as a great guy and a superb hero and its only now that hes gone that I really want to see more of him! It also makes me think of Hal as a douche-bad a showboater who got the main title and is off saving the world while other heroes like Kyle are left on the battle field to  fight the good fight, make the tough decisions and make the ultimate saccrafices!!! 

It was a great issue! Even the way the Red Lanterm was released was  so good and the way the Alpha Lantern killd him was even better! You felt like kicking his stupid @ss into another panel! And the Indigo Lantern too, he was great! 

Its just a great issue! One thing however that, we'll have to see how it plays out, would annoy me is if Kyle isnt brought back as  a Black Lantern. Because the Power levels have reached 100% I don think its going to happen which is kind of annoying!
    Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Spectrum

Doing a little bit more research Kyles ring put off finding a replacement Lantern to go to Space Sector 2261. Thats the sector Mogo and Black Mercy inhabit! Im trying to figure out what the motive is for the ring to go to Sector 2261, maybe it has something to do with the BLack Mercys! Who knows? 

Any suggestions???
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Nighthunter

The ring is going there because temporaly all rings of deceased Green Lanterns will be sent there until the crisis has passed.

Kyle has always been my favorite Green Lantern. He lived like a hero and it's just fitting that he died as one. I'm not sure if I am mad or proud of the way he died but it can't be soon enough for him to return

Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Spectrum
    @Nighthunter said:
    "The ring is going there because temporaly all rings of deceased Green Lanterns will be sent there until the crisis has passed.  Kyle has always been my favorite Green Lantern. He lived like a hero and it's just fitting that he died as one. I'm not sure if I am mad or proud of the way he died but it can't be soon enough for him to return "

agh well there goes my wild theory out the window!!! 
    I know what you mean about mixed emotions. I  was at the same time displeased and excited with his death! I suppose it all depends on how they handle it from here!
    Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Comiclove5
    @Nighthunter:
    I am a little of both myself and Dan Didio said in a recent interview expect little to no returns.
    Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Comiclove5
    @Spectrum said:
    "I thought it was crazy!!!  Seeing him save so many it finally woke me up to how cool Rayner is. I remember, i think it was, G-man say how he preferred Kyle to Hal and I could never understand that, untill now! It was so simple, so excellently captured thorugh excellent images and a lack of dialougue. His final words are brilliant, the way their cut off i thought was more orignial than cliche! Im glad they didnt cut off the word love, which Iv seen done before and it strikes me as silly and, as I said before, cliche!   Kyle really comes across as a great guy and a superb hero and its only now that hes gone that I really want to see more of him! It also makes me think of Hal as a douche-bad a showboater who got the main title and is off saving the world while other heroes like Kyle are left on the battle field to  fight the good fight, make the tough decisions and make the ultimate saccrafices!!!  It was a great issue! Even the way the Red Lanterm was released was  so good and the way the Alpha Lantern killd him was even better! You felt like kicking his stupid @ss into another panel! And the Indigo Lantern too, he was great!  Its just a great issue! One thing however that, we'll have to see how it plays out, would annoy me is if Kyle isnt brought back as  a Black Lantern. Because the Power levels have reached 100% I don think its going to happen which is kind of annoying! "

@Spectrum:
    Me too for some reasom I also have a new found appreation for Kyle. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.