the_cyan_lantern's Green Lantern #55 - The New Guardians, Chapter 3 review

Not Another Filler!!!

Summary:

As Lobo enters Earth, things don't get pretty for Hal, Carol, Sinestro, and Atrocitus who fight off the invading Lobo. Bonus: Dex- Starr's origin is revealed.

The Good:

Lately with a GL book we've been getting story (even thought we just finished a whole year reading about fighting dead people). And honestly we should be seeing that with now Brightest Day. However this book felt it was purely dedicated to fighting the nasty, and alive, Lobo. That's something I don't mind.

The Bad:

When I picked this issue up and read the previous issue, I wondered why Lobo of all people would be related to Brightest Day I was just left confused. However, we were previously informed that Atrocitus would be part of 6 issue mini series called "Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors". This whole issue felt like it was trying to sell us a filler for this series and not the book I wanted.

Vote: 3.5 out of 5

The only reason it hit .5 was because of Dex- Starr's story. Who doesn't love that cat
Posted by Dark Noldor

Nonetheless is always great to see Lobo in action and I really like Manhke's art.

Posted by emerald_lamp_2814

"However, we were previously informed that Atrocitus would be part of 6 issue mini series called "Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors". "

it is not a mini series it is a full on ongoing