icarusflies's Green Lantern #47 - To Hell and Back review

The Rise of the Rings

Before your read any of this, just a warning that it is a full scale

Spoiler Alert

Okay, I think that got everyones attention. Now for the review. I felt that this issue really helped define the rings, showing their differences. The Red Lantern ring literally renders the heart unnecessary. Atrocitus got his ripped out, and kept right on trying to destroy black lanterns. Black Lanterns can sense emotion, and regenerate. Orange Lanterns have the whole corps. Indigo Lanterns channel other rings as well as their indigo compassion.

In addition to clarifying the rings, this issue developed the relationship between Hal and Sinestro and Abin Sur. John Stewart and the planet Xanshi. And everything wove together, making an excellent story.