razzatazz's Green Lantern #30 - Secret Origin, Part 2 review

Not interrupting

This issue takes the origin story of Hal Jordan and gives it more depth and does so in a way that even erases some of the inconsistencies of the story.  For instance for a group of characters that can fly in space, why did Abin Sur crash a spaceship on Earth?  Well the answer here is pretty well played out, it is not just some comic book logic style of reason, but rather ties into everything which is going on in the Green Lantern titles at the moment.  The real heart of this issue though rests in its character depictions, most Hal, Tom and briefly Carol.  The origin story of Hal often overlooks his human frailties but her they are quite evident.  Overall this is a pretty good issue to read and even someone very familiar with the character will probably still want to have a look.

Other reviews for Green Lantern #30 - Secret Origin, Part 2

The Death of Abin Sur! 0

All I can say is WOW! Since Johns has been writing GL it has been non-stop brilliance. This does not disappoint. The retelling of GL's origin is not boring as one would suspect...a lot of questions are answered. Example: why was Abin Sur coming to Earth and why on a space ship? Who was responsible for Abin's death?Also the art is pure stunning. Reis's picture of Abin giving Hal the ring is epic and he does a great version of Carol Ferris. All this and a little shocker at the end. As long as the ...

GL: Secret Origin Part Two 0

Geoff John’s does a wonderful job of getting me interested in the Green Lantern again with Green Lantern #30. As he continues building the plot for the Secret Origin—it is quite clear that he is building a bigger story. It is exciting for me to read the interwoven stories foreshadowing of the current arc (The Blackest Night). But, let me focus back on the story. Secret Origins Part Two revisits the “Ring Ceremony” as Hal Jordan places the ring on his finger. I was surprised and confused that th...