inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided
    Green Hornet, Kato, and Black Hornet have a all out battle in Century City. Black Hornet's identity is revealed!

The Good

First thing's first. I've missed out on a few issues of this series, but jumping back in was incredibly simple. I was never confused or felt lost, since the dialogue did a good job at catching me up without being too expository. Aside from that, there isn't much I didn't enjoy about this issue. Do you like action? Good because you're going to get a buttload of it in issue #8 of this series. The art really stands out in this issue. It is beautiful. The combine efforts of Jonathan Lau's pencils and Ivan Nunes colors make this book stand out compared to the vast majority of current comics out. In addition, you have breakdowns by Phil Hester and the writing of Kevin Smith, so the story is solid and the dialogue is fantastic. This book has a lot going for it.

The Bad

There isn't anything I can really say was bad about the issue. Readers new to the world of Green Hornet may have a little trouble jumping on and understanding who the new Green Hornet and Kato are, based off this issue alone, but they can quickly grasp an understanding for the characters simply by reading the beginning of this series, or at least the first couple of issues.

The Verdict 4.5/5

For comic book fans that want to make the transition to independent comics that still have the "big two" feel to it, Green Hornet may be what they're looking for. It's flat-out a fun book with great art and great writing, and although this issue may not be the best for a new reader to jump on, the series is only on issue #8, so picking up those first 7 shouldn't be a tremendous challenge. I highly recommend this book.
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By iLLituracy

Love this series.

Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Pizawle

Has been getting better and better. Really looking forward to reading this one.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By jakob187

This series has been one of my favorite new series so far.  I won't lie:  I'm kinda sad that Smith is only doing two more issues before we...well, I'm guessing we're getting a new writer...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.