Review: Green Arrow #2

Posted by inferiorego (28256 posts) - - Show Bio
Green Arrow and Hal Jordan team up to defend the Star City woods from the new security team at Queen Industries. Featuring a shocking conclusion!

The Good

It's a quick, fun book. Krul's writing breezes you through this entertaining issue as we learn a little more about the forest in Star City and that White Lantern tree we saw in issue one. Lots of great action, and lots of Ollie proving why this place is "his forest." For me, the most enjoyable part of this book is Krul's take on Green Arrow. As I said when I reviewed the last issue, I love the fact he's essentially Robin Hood now, and I love it even more now that he's working with Hal Jordan. (Maybe we'll see them together again?) This issue is mainly about friendships and mystery, so it's a little something different from your typical DC book, even if at first glimpse it just seems like two heroes beating up bad guys.

The Bad

The only real complaint I have is the cross-hatching on the faces during close-ups. I'd much rather see color shading than ink shading. That last page conclusion was entirely garbage by the way. It's hard to discuss without revealing anything too. I just hated it and found it worthless. I'm interested in why it happened and how, but not the actual event itself.

The Verdict 4/5

J.T. Krul has made Green Arrow into one of my favorites at DC, and all he really did was make him Robin Hood, and it works so well. I really don't have too many complaints because from cover-to-cover, this was such a fun book. You don't have to be a Green Arrow or Green Lantern fan to love this book, but if you're one of those people who only wants to read comics featuring over-powered heroes that don't struggle, this isn't the book for you, but I'll recommend this to everyone anyway.
#1 Posted by Amegashita (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

It's out!?  Buying.  Great review by the way.

#2 Posted by ComicMan24 (147032 posts) - - Show Bio

I should check it. It sounds good.
#3 Posted by sora_thekey (8184 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the first issue... will totally read this one!

#4 Posted by vincethekid (66 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was great.  JT is killing it in the writing dept.  I can't wait for more.

#5 Posted by MooMan (6 posts) - - Show Bio

not bad at all folks.

#6 Posted by greenenvy (580 posts) - - Show Bio

God the IT  brightest day title right here green arrow!  great comic all the way. Why is it the it comic for me well being a fan of robin hood, green arrow, green lantern, plus Martian Man hunter coming up soon says why because all those elements I love are all finally together here now cant get enough of this one. 

#7 Posted by Soloman (126 posts) - - Show Bio

It makes me really happy that the Green Arrow series is shaping up to be such a good series. Because Brightest Day just feels like set-up after set-up after set-up. But I really love the way Green Arrow is shaping up as a character, and I hope he continues in this direction.

#8 Posted by longbowhunter (7689 posts) - - Show Bio

Really liked this issue, but also hated the ending. Come on DC I thought we were done with this kinda' shit.
#9 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

Love issue 1 can't wait to get this.

#10 Posted by NightFang (10247 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow is really getting a lot of my respect for this issue. 

#11 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't buy this book because I know eventually Roy will show up as the supervillain and I just can't take any more of my favorite characters being evil for no reason. 

Sorry, JT.  Let me know when you get a full time job as a Titans writer.
#12 Posted by roxamilli (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Great issue! i love the Olliver and Hal bromance

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.