Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman
    No Caption Provided
    The latest victim of the White Lantern tree's "power irritation" is Martian Manhunter - - and Green Arrow has to rein this friend in, even as he's lost control of himself.

The Good

This notion of Green Arrow needing to protect this small-but-infinitely-important tree from all the nefarious forces floating around Brightest Day... it's actually a pretty cool corner for him to occupy in this greater company-wide storyline. Neves' got some serious flash, as well -- it was a novel (but welcome) experience to see Ollie presented with such gold, sleek rendering. It made him look cooler than I've really ever seen him.

The Bad

Unfortunately, this is sort-of an "in-between issue" so it's really hard to sink your teeth into the plot if you haven't gotten the set-up (which I haven't.) Also, Ollie Queen's abilities and situations have never been as memorable as his insufferable personality and we really don't get to see as much of that here as I would've liked. He seemed a bit too much like a regular leading man.

The Verdict - 3/5

There are some interesting clues here pertaining to the greater mysteries of Brightest Day. I'm especially intrigued by the forms J'onn involuntarily assumes while he's in close proximity to the tree. Still, I've always felt that GA's works best when he's part of a larger ensemble (like in the Justice League) so I'm not sure I was compelled enough by his solo adventures here to look for what's come before or coming after this issue.
    Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1  Edited By Pizawle

The book has not really captured me yet but it has been enough for me to stick with it.

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

This series has really captured me, and I hate Green Arrow. 
    But this issue felt really weak. If you've read Brightest Day #9 then half this issue is almost pointless.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By NightFang3

I might pick this issue up.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Eyz

Looks like another good issue for this new direction GA's  been taking!

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By longbowhunter

As strong as issue #1 was none of the following have been able to match it. This issue was barely a 3.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Video_Martian

eh, don't really like Ollie, he's kinda a douchebag =/

N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By N7_Normandy
    @Pizawle said:
    " The book has not really captured me yet but it has been enough for me to stick with it. "

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.