Follow

Green Arrow

Character » Green Arrow appears in 4302 issues.

Oliver Queen was a spoiled, thrill-seeking playboy, until he was left stranded on a deserted island for several years. There, he trained to become a master archer in order to survive. After his return home, he used his new-found skills and his wealth to became the costumed vigilante known as Green Arrow.

Would "The Longbow Hunters" make a good DC Animated movie?

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Darkmount1

I just finished all three books of this story, and it was very, very good.
    Does anyone here think that "The Longbow Hunters" would be a good entry for the DC Universe Original Animated Movies?

Avatar image for comix_christian
    comix christian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By comix christian

I do belive it would be a good animated movie, but i don't think DC would do it because Green Arrow is not the most well know character, and they would run the risk of not making enough money off of it. If DC would just realease the Green Arrow series by Mike Grell, that followed "The Longbow Hunters" in trade form    i would be more than happy.
    Avatar image for captaincockblock
    CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CaptainCockblock

Who cares if it's a risk? I'm not sitting through another Superman/Batman. The best part of that movie was, you guessed it, the Green Arrow short. I'd really love to see one full length. I admit, I haven't read much Green Arrow, but I seriously intend to get Longbow Hunters now that someone on the internet has told me to do so. AWAAAAAAAAY!!!

mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By mrtrickster

i think the longbow hunters is too deep and dark to make it animated
    but i do believe it would make a great green arrow movie plot

Avatar image for captaincockblock
    CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By CaptainCockblock
    @mrtrickster: One thing that's always pissed me off about animated movies based directly on story arcs is that they never carry over the internal monologue. In most cases, it makes the story. But then again, I can see how it would drag things out when translated from sequential art to animation. Still, I wanna see something GA that's longer then twelve minutes.
    longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By longbowhunter
    @comix christian: 
    Hell yeah Longbow Hunters would make a good animated film. Over the years I've been collecting Mike Grell's run on GA. I've got the first 35 or so. I have no idea why you cant find these stories in trade.
    mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By mrtrickster
    @CaptainCockblock: i think if they make a green arrow animated, the archer's quest would be a great choice
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By PowerHerc

Yes it would make a good animated movie.  Good idea.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.