Follow

Green Arrow

Character » Green Arrow appears in 4302 issues.

Oliver Queen was a spoiled, thrill-seeking playboy, until he was left stranded on a deserted island for several years. There, he trained to become a master archer in order to survive. After his return home, he used his new-found skills and his wealth to became the costumed vigilante known as Green Arrow.

Why is Kevin Smith's Green Arrow so expensive?

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I was thinking about adding some Kevin Smith Green Arrow trade paperbacks to my Christmas list but then I saw the price and had other thoughts: the first in the series, "Quiver", costs £45 which isn't really what I'd consider reasonable. The next in the series is £42.60 which is also pretty costly. Bare in mind these are new rather than used but is there a reason they're that price? Should I bother with picking them up or just try another series and, if so, what one?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@thedandyman: I'm pretty sure it's because they're not currently in print.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheDandyMan

@xwraith: I think you're right, do you think I should just wait/hope the book gets back in print?

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

I found the sounds of violence (the next in the series) for around 15-20$ Canadian in my local cbs

not sure why it's so expensive there, but if you can find it in a shop somewhere, it'll probably be cheaper

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@thedandyman: Kevin Smith's entire run is going to be reissued in a single-volume Absolute Edition in March, but I don't think that's going to be a lot less expensive.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

Absolute Edition will combine them all so that will just be one big price instead of a few.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like they've rereleased the first trade of the series at a fair price: Amazon

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.