Where should I start?

#1 Posted by KrypticKiller (4 posts) - - Show Bio

So I'm new(ish) to comics as a whole and totally new to Green Arrow comics, so I'm just wondering where should I start?
I wouldn't mind an origin book, but do not necessarily need one. I'm really just hoping for a few good books that I can pick up next time I'm in my comic shop.  
So if you know any good stories featuring Green Arrow please let me know.

Thanks. 

#2 Posted by Mercy_ (91871 posts) - - Show Bio

The where should I start thread. It's pinned in the general discussion forum.

#3 Posted by Benuben (225 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Quiver is often recomended, as great story for start with Green Arrow, but if you want to know origin and understand his character, you should read Green Arrow Year One.
#4 Posted by KrypticKiller (4 posts) - - Show Bio
@Benuben said:
" Well, Quiver is often recomended, as great story for start with Green Arrow, but if you want to know origin and understand his character, you should read Green Arrow Year One. "
Great, thanks :)  
Also thanks to Dark  Huntress, I guess I should have searched before posting.
#5 Posted by comix christian (84 posts) - - Show Bio

Also Green Arrow: The longbow hunters. great, great story
#6 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio
@comix christian said:
"Also Green Arrow: The longbow hunters. great, great story "

I agree.   
The Green Lantern/Green Arrow run by O'Neill and Adams in the 1970's would also be a good place to start.  That run really fleshed-out Ollie's ant-establishment persona, defined Ollie and Hal's frindship and gave insight into Ollie's relationship with Dinah (Black Canary).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.