Follow

Green Arrow

Character » Green Arrow appears in 4302 issues.

Oliver Queen was a spoiled, thrill-seeking playboy, until he was left stranded on a deserted island for several years. There, he trained to become a master archer in order to survive. After his return home, he used his new-found skills and his wealth to became the costumed vigilante known as Green Arrow.

What is the purpose of Green Arrow?

LeRizador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

*note this is my opinion

Now, I am not saying Green Arrow is Batman but...

Green Arrow is a watered-down Batman. What is the use of Green Arrow? Batman beats arrow in everything except accuracy. Green Arrow is more politically outspoken and like a care-free Robin, but what is the true meaning behind Green Arrow...? I am not trying to say GA should be replaced because he's a crappy hero (I did not read all of his comics so its not fair to say that), I am just saying what does he add to the team? The resident jokester?

Please, be nice when responding. I am not flaming GA I am just wondering what is Green Arrow's role in Justice League.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By Mrnoital

@lerizador: GA isn't on the Justice League, he doesn't compete with Bruce, he's on the Justice League United, and his hunting/tracking skills have allowed him to notice things that Martian Manhunter has missed

he is much more politically active and worries more about the little guy than Batman usually does, in Futures End it can be argued that he made more of a difference in more peoples lives than Batman

he isn't as restricted to a no killing rule as lots of other heroes, pre new 52 he killed a major villain, and new 52 he kills in his origin

in Identity Crisis, he was part of the JL that decided wiping criminals minds and even changing their personality was for the best, while Batman did his best to not think about it, so he's more willing to make those harder decisions

LeRizador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: Yeah pretty much what I already know o-o

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*note this is my opinion

Green Arrow is a watered-down Batman. What is the use of Green Arrow? Batman beats arrow in everything except accuracy. Green Arrow is more politically outspoken and like a care-free Robin, but what is the true meaning behind Green Arrow...? I am not trying to say GA should be replaced because he's a crappy hero (I did not read all of his comics so its not fair to say that), I am just saying what does he add to the team? The resident jokester?

Please, be nice when responding. I am not flaming GA I am just wondering what is Green Arrow's role in Justice League.

Oliver isn't the same as Bruce.

Oliver, as you said, is more outspoken, but also a lot more light-hearted as a character, whereas Bruce is super-serious most of the time.

I mean, you could honestly ask what's the purpose of almost any Superhero when you've got Superman? Superman can't be everywhere. Batman is usually in Gotham. Green Arrow protects Seattle.

In a sense though, Oliver is a "Social Conscious." He's there to keep the Supers connected to the people, and speak for the little guys. That's not really something Batman does. Yes, he's also the joker on a team, and he's got money and connections if needed, but considering his team has Government Funding it's not what he's there for.

LeRizador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:
    @lerizador said:

*note this is my opinion

Oliver isn't the same as Bruce.

Oliver, as you said, is more outspoken, but also a lot more light-hearted as a character, whereas Bruce is super-serious most of the time.

I mean, you could honestly ask what's the purpose of almost any Superhero when you've got Superman? Superman can't be everywhere. Batman is usually in Gotham. Green Arrow protects Seattle.

In a sense though, Oliver is a "Social Conscious." He's there to keep the Supers connected to the people, and speak for the little guys. That's not really something Batman does. Yes, he's also the joker on a team, and he's got money and connections if needed, but considering his team has Government Funding it's not what he's there for.

Thanks, tthat makes sense

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

he was inspired from robin hood.

He's just a guy with a bow and arrow which makes him very interesting compared to batman who is a god who always wins.

Green Arrow has adventures that pull you into the story. He's a realistic hero compared to anyone else because he doesn't have powers and has to his head to win battles.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.