What do you guys think of Judd Winick's run on Green Arrow?

#1 Posted by DawgDoggie (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking to get into Green Arrow. Haven't read it yet, but how is Winick's run on Green Arrow?

#2 Posted by Lieutenant_Awkward (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you read year one yet? I'd recommend you read his Year One first.

#3 Posted by DawgDoggie (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@lieutenant_awkward: I've read a few of them. I got the Longbow Hunters and Lemire's ongoing in the New 52, but how was Winick run's like?

#4 Posted by longbowhunter (6759 posts) - - Show Bio

Start with Kevin Smith's run, then there's an arc by Meltzer, then go into Judd's stuff. Over all Judd Winick did a good job with Ollie. I think a lot of people dismissed him until Keisberg and Krul took over and the book got really bad.

#5 Posted by webling (143 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Winick's run. Brick, the development of Mia, increase of Ollie's arsenal, City Walls, and the fight with Deathstroke I'd say are the highlights.

#6 Edited by DawgDoggie (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard his first arc "straight shooter" turned most people off because Ollie cheated on Black Canary.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.