Follow

Green Arrow

Character » Green Arrow appears in 4303 issues.

Oliver Queen was a spoiled, thrill-seeking playboy, until he was left stranded on a deserted island for several years. There, he trained to become a master archer in order to survive. After his return home, he used his new-found skills and his wealth to became the costumed vigilante known as Green Arrow.

Thinking about starting Green Arrow.

Bluefox170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Bluefox170

So I was reading a mere 3 books. Deathstroke, Team 7, and The Punisher. Every single one of them have just recently been canceled and I'm left without anything to follow after May. While I wait for Deathstroke to periodically pop into other titles I figured I'd need something new and Green Arrow's looking pretty good right now.

1. Is it good? I hear the new creative team has really enhanced the quality of this book.

2. What do I need to know going in?

3. Best starting point?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Gambit1024

It's good. You don't need to know anything. Best starting point was this week's issue.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By the_tree

Yep, it's great. Start with issue 17.

eedwards027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By eedwards027

Hello everyone. I am brand new to comics and wanted to start reading the Green Arrow. So would I be able to just jump in to issue 17 without getting lost and confused?

Bluefox170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bluefox170

@Gambit1024: @The_Tree: Thanks for the straight answers! I'll definitely give #17 a shot.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By danhimself

@eedwards027 said:

Hello everyone. I am brand new to comics and wanted to start reading the Green Arrow. So would I be able to just jump in to issue 17 without getting lost and confused?

yes definitely...don't even bother with the first 16 issues...they were terrible

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By the_tree

@eedwards027 said:

Yes, it's pretty new reader friendly. It has three characters from the previous issues of the series (Jax, Naomi, Emerson), but they're very unimportant.

JairamGanpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By JairamGanpat

Yep, Green Arrow 17 has been the best Green Arrow issue in a VERY long time. Jeff Lemire is just an author people should be following right now. Andrea Sorrentino's art is great too although he needs to work on his coloring.

PICK THIS UP lol

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    Yes! Do it! Issue 17
    Liko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Liko

Agreed. Issue 17 has a well written story. Only thing that has me worried is the artwork/coloring.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By TDK_1997

It wasn't good until the recent issue where Lemire stepped in and bringed with him what we liked about Green Arrow before.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By wessaari

Great starting point is the new issue, Green Arrow 17. Thats where I started, and it was fantastic

Impala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Impala
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By John Valentine

@The_Tree said:

I concur.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By JakeN7

@The_Tree said:

This ^

He'll also appear in Geoff Johns' upcoming Justice League of America series. Might wanna give that a shot too.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#16  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

@Bluefox170 said:

So I was reading a mere 3 books. Deathstroke, Team 7, and The Punisher. Every single one of them have just recently been canceled and I'm left without anything to follow after May. While I wait for Deathstroke to periodically pop into other titles I figured I'd need something new and Green Arrow's looking pretty good right now.

1. Is it good? I hear the new creative team has really enhanced the quality of this book.

2. What do I need to know going in?

3. Best starting point?

Yep. It only took 1 issue for Jeff Lemire to Make it GOOD. I suggest you should read Animal Man, Hawkeye, and Daredevil. I love these books

BTW I'm very sad that Deathstroke is getting cancelled :( I was starting to like it again a lot after Liefail left. Same with Punisher.

Bluefox170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bluefox170

Appreciate the feedback! Tried #17 today, it really took me by surprise how good it is. I will start following this and certainly check out JLA.

@MadeinBangladesh: Thanks for the suggestions, I may have to give those books a look as well. Hawkeye previews always caught my eye but I've yet to try that one too. And it's good to hear I'm not the only one who is saddened by the Deathstroke/Punisher cancellations. Huge blow to my fandom, but sadly us fans who aren't particularly reading up on the big 7 or bat family have to hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.