Follow

Green Arrow

Character » Green Arrow appears in 4302 issues.

Oliver Queen was a spoiled, thrill-seeking playboy, until he was left stranded on a deserted island for several years. There, he trained to become a master archer in order to survive. After his return home, he used his new-found skills and his wealth to became the costumed vigilante known as Green Arrow.

Smallville's Green Arrow

Avatar image for mistersarcastic
    mistersarcastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mistersarcastic

I wasn't sure where to post this, there's no Smallville forum for the television show, but anyways. This may sound a tad ridiculous, even redundant in some ways. But is it just me, or is this Oliver Queen supposed to be a slight amalgam of Green Arrow and Batman? I mean, since Bruce/Batman has never been feature or mentioned (not quite anyways) is Green Arrow supposed to be in place of him? He's practically Clark's right-hand guy on the show, changes voice all deep and husky like Christian Bale had in the Batman Begins movies (or maybe every masked hero does that? ...I guess). Also, he's got all the technology resources and blah blah blah. After watching tonight's episode I'm wondering if Green Arrow was supposed to be their go to character since they've never used Bruce. Speaking of Batman...why haven't they introduced him in the show at all? Is it some legal thing or did the producers just decide against it?

Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Vitality

Yes, they initially wanted to use Bruce Wayne...but they couldn't get the rights to him. I'm guessing that's why there are similarities. 

Actually...it's the same with Clark as well. Before Smallville was started...the creaters wanted to do a Batman show with the same premise....bruce wayne before he becomes batman. Again, they couldn't get the rights to him. 

But yeah, you could basically take out the name and the green arrow outfit...and you have bruce wayne. 
    Avatar image for mistersarcastic
    mistersarcastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mistersarcastic

Ahh, I figured there might have been some legal and rights thing going on with that. But I had no idea it was originally planned for Bruce to had his origins made into a tv show. Guess the whole failing to acquire the rights to the character explains Bruce Wayne never really making an appearance in the Birds of Prey tv show. He was only mentioned, I think Selina was only mentioned as well. 

Oh well, Smallville Ollie is still a cool charrie, I was just  a bit suspicious is all. Thanks Vitality!

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Deranged Midget

Justin Hartley's Oliver Queen is an awesome representation of Green Arrow, he's my second favourite character on the show. And he's far from Batman in my opinion. Queen doesnt take anything seriously, he's witty and also badass. Batman would be boring on Smallville.

Identity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Identity

If they had Batman the series would be better for me, I stopped watching after the third series.

KrypticKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KrypticKiller

I have always enjoyed this Green Arrow and although I don't think it would ever happen I would really enjoy a series based on him. (As long as Justin Hartley plays Oliver Queen)

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By PowerHerc
    @Deranged Midget said:
    "Justin Hartley's Oliver Queen is an awesome representation of Green Arrow, he's my second favourite character on the show. And he's far from Batman in my opinion. Queen doesnt take anything seriously, he's witty and also badass. Batman would be boring on Smallville. "

Yes, exactly.  Well said.
    Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vitality
    @Deranged Midget said:
    "Justin Hartley's Oliver Queen is an awesome representation of Green Arrow, he's my second favourite character on the show. And he's far from Batman in my opinion. Queen doesnt take anything seriously, he's witty and also badass. Batman would be boring on Smallville. "

I don't believe that. 

When he is GREEN ARROW on the show...he is always serious....the same way BATMAN would be.

When he is Oliver Queen....I can barely see a difference between him and Bruce Wayne.
    batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By batmanary
    @Vitality said:
    " @Deranged Midget said:
    I don't believe that.  When he is GREEN ARROW on the show...he is always serious....the same way BATMAN would be. When he is Oliver Queen....I can barely see a difference between him and Bruce Wayne. "
    Yeah, Oliver Queen's still Oliver Queen when he wears the costume, whereas Batman and Bruce Wayne act differently, but in the beginning Queen was a billionaire and the original financier of the JLA, so he always had the resources, but he only got interesting after he lost all that. That said Hartley does do a good job as Green Arrow, but the problem is Superman never liked Green Arrow in the comics, so we have a Bruce Wayne aspect in there alone. So it's sort of like GA's early days rather than an amalgam with Batman.
    comicfetish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By comicfetish

i for one think Justin Hartley is a horrible actor. i don't like the Smallville version of Green Arrow at all. i think Erica Durance as Lois Lane, Cassidy Freeman as Tess Mercer, Michael Rosenbaum as Lex Luthor, and John Glover as Lionel Luthor are great at their parts
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Kairan1979

For the record, Smallville version of Green Arrow is very popular in our country, maybe more popular than Smallvile version of Clark Kent (maybe because Oliver was a founding father of Smallville JLA, or because is not saving the world in t-shirt, who knows?)

No Caption Provided
    greenk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By greenk
    @comicfetish said:
    i for one think Justin Hartley is a horrible actor. i don't like the Smallville version of Green Arrow at all. i think Erica Durance as Lois Lane, Cassidy Freeman as Tess Mercer, Michael Rosenbaum as Lex Luthor, and John Glover as Lionel Luthor are great at their parts
    Yeah the guy did OK, but his Green Arrow was'nt all that impressive, i think they could have been a better actor than him out there, had the casting done their job thoroughly instead of handing it to some guy who was supposed to be Aquaman. 
    Ira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oliver Queen (Justin Hartley) of smallville was basically batman green arrow never had the kryptonite sliver Bruce Wayne did always arguing with superman also Bruce Wayne superman's best friend Bruce Wayne not Oliver Queen

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.