Follow

Green Arrow

Character » Green Arrow appears in 4302 issues.

Oliver Queen was a spoiled, thrill-seeking playboy, until he was left stranded on a deserted island for several years. There, he trained to become a master archer in order to survive. After his return home, he used his new-found skills and his wealth to became the costumed vigilante known as Green Arrow.

Preview Footage of 'Arrow' Pilot (Video)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

DC's archer is making his way to the CW. The network has an hour-long pilot (eventually) coming out. So far details are limited, but we know Oliver Queen will be opposed by the speedy assassin Constantine Drakon. Whether or not he'll be the main villain has yet to be seen. So far we've only been teased with a volley of images, but now we get a look at some footage! Check out the video for Green Arrow showing off his Ninja Warrior skills and displaying why he's one of DC's most accurate characters.

What are your thoughts on Arrow? Are you excited or skeptical? Unfortunately, no release date has been provided yet for the pilot.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@cattlebattle: Just saw that. But yeah, a link at the end of the thread. This is the actual video in the OP along with details. I imagine copy/pasting a link took a little less time than creating a whole OP around it ;)

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle

I@k4tzm4n said:

@cattlebattle: Yeah, a link at the end of the thread. This is the actual video in the OP along with details. I imagine copy/pasting a link took a little less time than creating a whole OP around it ;)

I wasn't aware it was a contest
    k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@cattlebattle: It's not, but this makes it much easier for more people to see it. Considering it's the first footage for the pilot, I think it warrants its own thread with an emphasis on letting people know there's now video. Regardless, I'll let the mods decide.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By sethysquare

@k4tzm4n: Yeah its easier for people to see it thanks anyways. Anyone excited about this?

BTW the view meter seems spoiled. Its been stucked at 301 views for the longest time.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@sethysquare: Youtube does that a lot (regarding views). I've seen that happen with a lot of IGN videos shortly after they're posted.

Thanks, and honestly, Arrow wasn't really something I was excited about until I heard Drakon was being included. He's an awesome obscure character and it gives me some degree of hope :D

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By ReVamp

Going to read Green Arrow now, see ya biatches.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By htb106

that...looks...

AMAZING!

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sethysquare

@k4tzm4n said:

@sethysquare: Youtube does that a lot (regarding views). I've seen that happen with a lot of IGN videos shortly after they're posted.

Thanks, and honestly, Arrow wasn't really something I was excited about until I heard Drakon was being included. He's an awesome obscure character and it gives me some degree of hope :D

Its so irritating that they're doing that.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By The_Ghostshell

The tennis ball trick was...a decent tease. Didnt really feel like Green Arrow though, felt kinda Roy Harperish...

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sethysquare

@k4tzm4n: Oh and if that one thing that is gonna happen, it'll be likely we'll see more realistic heroes. So probably no count vertigo. But Brik, Merlyn, Constantine Drakeon.... Probably yes.

I feel so good about myself now, while Avengers fans have their 2.5 hours of happiness, we get to see 24 hours of Green Arrow for the whole year and if this does better than Smallville, it could last as long as 10 seasons!

YAY DC

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@sethysquare: It would be amazing if they decided to include Deathstroke for a story arc.

@Gambler said:

The tennis ball trick was...a decent tease. Didnt really feel like Green Arrow though, felt kinda Roy Harperish...

/waits for drug jokes

@ReVamp: haha.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sethysquare

BTW all the stunts you see are real. Stephen Amell trained really hard for this and he plays parkour and all so expect lotsa wall jumping, fighting, arrow shooting and much more crazy stuff.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sethysquare

@k4tzm4n: Im sure they will.

Very sure.

Oh and this is just a preview clip, the actual trailer isn't out yet.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@sethysquare: Yup, that's why I called it just "preview footage" in the subject, but thanks.

And yeah, I'm optimistic about this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
    deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The tennis ball thing was cool but I think this show is going to fail horribly. It just looks like its going to aim for the "too serious, make him act like Batman" territory that people didn't like about Oliver Queen's character in Smallville to start with and why the writers altered his character enough to give him more humor and lighter attitude. This just feels like we get Batman with a bow and arrow. They seem to be going with the Longbow storyline, both in costume and in the way the bow looks, for this series. I find that unfortunate because while it did bring a freshness to the character in the comics it should not be the sole representation of his character and feel for a tv series.

The other mistake can see the CW making is undoing everything Smallville built in 4 years of using the character and completely ignoring that fan base they built up. I'm not saying it should be a direct continuation, but I think too many people are going to be watching for the connections to the previous show (whether you liked it or not it was the longest running tv series of its genre so that counts for something) and if they aren't there then the CW may lose a large base that it was counting on. It needs that base to at least get the show moving because trying to sell superhero tv shows is not easy. Smallville had great luck in both timing and changing the tone of a superhero show. Supernatural (while not a superhero show per se) had a great tone change from previous shows of its model and was helped by the fact the main characters aren't special. But as previous live action superhero shows (The Flash, Birds of Prey, Aquaman) prove its hard to nail this genre down (though I still feel The Flash did a much better job overall representing comic books than Smallville did, still watch those episodes from time to time) and going with a too serious tone I think is going to keep the show from taking off because it will alienate the fanbase I'm sure the CW is trying to lure in from the start until new viewers can steadily bolster ratings.

Plus, the guy they have playing Oliver feels more like he'd be right as Roy Harper (Arsenal not Speedy or Red Arrow) or Dick Grayson (Nightwing not Robin).

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By blackadamFTW

@sethysquare said:

BTW all the stunts you see are real. Stephen Amell trained really hard for this and he plays parkour and all so expect lotsa wall jumping, fighting, arrow shooting and much more crazy stuff.

I don't feel like that tennis ball thing is real...

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sethysquare

@k4tzm4n: Me too.

@ltbrd said:

The tennis ball thing was cool but I think this show is going to fail horribly. It just looks like its going to aim for the "too serious, make him act like Batman" territory that people didn't like about Oliver Queen's character in Smallville to start with and why the writers altered his character enough to give him more humor and lighter attitude. This just feels like we get Batman with a bow and arrow. They seem to be going with the Longbow storyline, both in costume and in the way the bow looks, for this series. I find that unfortunate because while it did bring a freshness to the character in the comics it should not be the sole representation of his character and feel for a tv series.

Uh. I doubt he would be like this for the whole season and have you forgotten Ollie appeared in Smallville as an antihero first? Very much going against Clark, only appearing in the night, jumping around buildings, which is exactly like Batman would do. I did watch ten years of Smallville after all.

@ltbrd said:

The other mistake can see the CW making is undoing everything Smallville built in 4 years of using the character and completely ignoring that fan base they built up. I'm not saying it should be a direct continuation, but I think too many people are going to be watching for the connections to the previous show (whether you liked it or not it was the longest running tv series of its genre so that counts for something) and if they aren't there then the CW may lose a large base that it was counting on. It needs that base to at least get the show moving because trying to sell superhero tv shows is not easy. Smallville had great luck in both timing and changing the tone of a superhero show. Supernatural (while not a superhero show per se) had a great tone change from previous shows of its model and was helped by the fact the main characters aren't special. But as previous live action superhero shows (The Flash, Birds of Prey, Aquaman) prove its hard to nail this genre down (though I still feel The Flash did a much better job overall representing comic books than Smallville did, still watch those episodes from time to time) and going with a too serious tone I think is going to keep the show from taking off because it will alienate the fanbase I'm sure the CW is trying to lure in from the start until new viewers can steadily bolster ratings.

Too much continuity baggage. It was impossible to build up a new TV show with ten years of continuity. Plus they needed a new direction. Look at how well Nolans' Batman did.

Also, majority of the females watching this wont be too much bothered with connections to the previous shows as much as those 6 packs on his abs. So its unlikely they're going to lose a large fanbase.

@ltbrd said:

Plus, the guy they have playing Oliver feels more like he'd be right as Roy Harper (Arsenal not Speedy or Red Arrow) or Dick Grayson (Nightwing not Robin).

I dont get you. First you claim its too much away from the smallville's depiction then you're saying he looks too much like Roy when Justin Hartley looks even more like Roy.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sethysquare

@blackadamFTW said:

@sethysquare said:

I don't feel like that tennis ball thing is real...

I meant him jumping over the fence.

Not sure if the tennis ball is real but Stephen Amell was trained in archery.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RoboShark

Skeptical for sure. The shot with the balls was unimpressive to me. Why not show him nailing them all instead of cutting away?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab1ccc482197
    deactivated-5ab1ccc482197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the preview it does not really feel like Green Arrow to me, but I'll give it a chance. Hopefully it will continue to have some physically cool and impressive stuff in it. I loved those pull ups. I so want to try that.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sethysquare

@RoboShark said:

Skeptical for sure. The shot with the balls was unimpressive to me. Why not show him nailing them all instead of cutting away?

It makes for better TV. Besides, its only the pilot.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RoboShark

@sethysquare said:

@RoboShark said:

Cutting away isn't good tv or entertainment, it's lazy. Ask a horror movie buff, it's a no no.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sethysquare

@RoboShark said:

@sethysquare said:

@RoboShark said:

Cutting away isn't good tv or entertainment, it's lazy. Ask a horror movie buff, it's a no no.

Its one scene.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By Mercy_

O_O officially intrigued

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#27  Edited By ReVamp

Yeah, me too.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Mercy_: @Mercy_: They had me at "Drakon."

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

#29  Edited By knighthood

Looks good. Something new to DVR.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.