pointless

#1 Posted by Ultimate JSA (2840 posts) - - Show Bio

dose anyone but me think that the brightest day green arrow book is pointless i mean really at leat genration lost, titans, birds of prey, and JLA/JSA had someone who was brought back to like. Green Arrow dosn't have that plus no one really likes the charecter, i pick it up just because its a brightest day book and may hold some answers to the rest of the series.
#2 Posted by johnny_spam (2035 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ultimate JSA: Oh he has many fans he is considered a very important DC character and is iconic in his own right. DC has something planned for him he will play an important part in something or else he would not be involved in Brightest Day. If you are not enjoying the story then do not buy it because it sends the message to DC that some people like it and they will continue to do things like that since people are getting it.
#3 Posted by Icarusflies (12503 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ultimate JSA: Actually, Green Arrow has the forest that Deadman brought back. I think it will be important.
Moderator Online
#4 Posted by Xangel (72 posts) - - Show Bio

i really like the art in it!

#5 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13127 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ultimate JSA:
@Ultimate JSA said:
"dose anyone but me think that the brightest day green arrow book is pointless i mean really at leat genration lost, titans, birds of prey, and JLA/JSA had someone who was brought back to like. Green Arrow dosn't have that plus no one really likes the charecter, i pick it up just because its a brightest day book and may hold some answers to the rest of the series. "

"No One Likes The Character" 

what the horse-humping hell are you smoking?!?!?!
#6 Posted by George Silver (1739 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally like Green Arrow more than Batman (don't hurt me!!!), and when I hear people say nobody likes him I get hurt inside :(

#7 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like GA, my only qualm about him? 

That freaking facial hair! It's stupid! Try concealing a secret identity when you have the most obvious facial hair imaginable!

I'm waiting on the trades for the series, though, so I can't debate about that. 

#8 Posted by .Longshot. (5264 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: Goatee hater! LOL Just kiddin'. 
#9 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure Green Arrow has fans

#10 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio

I just picked up the first issue. Yes. Yes it is necessary.

#11 Posted by Ultimate JSA (2840 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt:  
i'm not smoking anything but seriously i got green arrow and black canary for like five issues and then stoped i hated that book green arrow was so stupid  
@johnny spam:
how is he an important charecter he is not on a team all he dose is stay in that forest
#12 Posted by .Longshot. (5264 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ultimate JSA: Yeah, they really wrote him like a douche in that book. Plus, the art made everything look like one end of the page is pulled in the opposite direction of the other. 
 The pose and the perspective, at least for Black Canary, just don't sit right with me. I'll give you that point. This book kinda sucked.
#13 Posted by Ultimate JSA (2840 posts) - - Show Bio

seriously and even in the new book they try to make him an outsider but he is still stupid
#14 Posted by WindArrow (11 posts) - - Show Bio

The new run by JT Krul is amazing, if I may say so. While there might not have been a reason to completely restart the series back at issue 1, the way that Mr. Krul is taking him is very interesting. Since the events for Cry for Justice, Oliver has been devastated, his city destroyed, his old sidekick dismembered, his marriage and love of his life completely gone. Not only that, but he was exiled from his city as well, which doesn't help much. In these types of situations, most people would just cry and be depressed about it, and tell me, would you like to read about Oliver's adventures being depressed and crying about it? I highly doubt that would make a good story arc. JT Krul decided to make him a strong person and live in the random forest that came out of the decimated Star City. Oliver acts as Robin Hood for the most part, and now the true meaning of the forest is slowly being told, adding more depth to the story. While it isn't perfect, I honestly think it's a really good read.

#15 Posted by PowerHerc (83461 posts) - - Show Bio

If it is pointless to tie it into the 'Brightest Day' event . . . well it would'nt be the first time this was done to a title/character. 
Green Arrow is one cool dude, btw.
#16 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow is an awesome character and Kevin Smith's writing really fit his book.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.