NYCC 2012: 'Arrow' First Season Footage

Posted by G-Man (37623 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully last week you caught the premiere episode of Arrow on The CW. We had a spoiler filled discussion on the pilot episode. At New York Comic Con, some new footage was released. If you haven't seen the first episode and aren't sure if you're going to watch, this clip reel might change your mind.

You probably noticed that John Barrowman (Doctor Who, Torchwood) will be showing up. You definitely should have seen the appearance of a certain one-eyed character. And of course we'll be seeing flashbacks to the island.

Arrow airs on Wednesday nights at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

#1 Posted by Tober (3 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks really promising. Green arrow has always been awesome.

#2 Posted by SirMethos (1345 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke and Deadshot. Awesome.

#3 Posted by k4tzm4n (50915 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man, look at Deadshot's epic accuracy at 0:56! :P 

Staff
#4 Posted by ccraft (5490 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope deathstroke put up a better fight than that, other than that this season looks great!

#5 Posted by drew1175 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

The gunmen in the hockey masks? Royal Flush Gang perhaps? I'm really digging this show so far.

#6 Posted by Deranged Midget (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Dude, can't you tell? He was obviously trying to ricochet the bullets!

#7 Posted by k4tzm4n (50915 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Dude, can't you tell? He was obviously trying to ricochet the bullets!

Wouldn't be the first time ;) 
Staff
#8 Posted by Deranged Midget (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Epic!

Although, it might be just me getting curious, but I have a feeling that Ollie wasn't exactly alone as he claims to have been on the island. I have a feeling that he was trained as in the footage, he's shown to have been trapped in the net.

#9 Edited by k4tzm4n (50915 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

Although, it might be just me getting curious, but I have a feeling that Ollie wasn't exactly alone as he claims to have been on the island. I have a feeling that he was trained as in the footage, he's shown to have been trapped in the net.

Oh yeah, he's totally going to train with Slade and others, realize they're evil, then do what he can to stop them. 

Wait, I mean... I can't wait to see how everything unfolds! 

PS. 
Still bitter that Drakon is already gone :(
Staff
#10 Posted by Deranged Midget (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Oh yeah, he's totally going to train with Slade and others, realize they're evil, then do what he can to stop them. Wait, I mean... I can't wait to see how everything unfolds! PS. Still bitter that Drakon is already gone :(

O_O SPOILERS DUDE!

Yeah... let's not talk about Drakon getting man-handled that quickly... :P

#11 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

I am looking forward for the rest of this season. The pilot gave the show a pretty good start

#12 Posted by k4tzm4n (50915 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Oh yeah, he's totally going to train with Slade and others, realize they're evil, then do what he can to stop them. Wait, I mean... I can't wait to see how everything unfolds! PS. Still bitter that Drakon is already gone :(

O_O SPOILERS DUDE!

Yeah... let's not talk about Drakon getting man-handled that quickly... :P

It's just what I predict will happen.  It's not like I have any more info on the show than you guys do :P 

It's understandable since he's such a minor character, but I was really hoping they'd do more with him.  Oh well... maybe the arrow wound just hospitalized him?  Wishful thinking...
Staff
#13 Posted by Deranged Midget (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

It's just what I predict will happen. It's not like I have any more info on the show than you guys do :P

It's understandable since he's such a minor character, but I was really hoping they'd do more with him. Oh well... maybe the arrow wound just hospitalized him? Wishful thinking...

He, I know :P You think that perhaps Ollie trained with Deathstroke on the island?

My only gripe with the costume so far is the stupid spray paint mask. Is it really that hard to get something to cover your face with? His hood falls off and he's instantly recognizable, especially to those who know him e.g Dinah, his mother, the cops, etc.

#14 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5856 posts) - - Show Bio

So it looks like we might be getting Rose, (not sure that was her) Mr Z, Deadshot and Deathstroke! .....Whew! That's a trailer right there!

#15 Posted by k4tzm4n (50915 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@k4tzm4n said:

It's just what I predict will happen. It's not like I have any more info on the show than you guys do :P

It's understandable since he's such a minor character, but I was really hoping they'd do more with him. Oh well... maybe the arrow wound just hospitalized him? Wishful thinking...

He, I know :P You think that perhaps Ollie trained with Deathstroke on the island?

My only gripe with the costume so far is the stupid spray paint mask. Is it really that hard to get something to cover your face with? His hood falls off and he's instantly recognizable, especially to those who know him e.g Dinah, his mother, the cops, etc.

Yes, or they at least train under the same guy. 

Yeah, I thought it was really off-putting how he held the first wealthy target so close and threatened him.  Even if that guy didn't know Ollie to begin with, his face has been plastered all over the news at that point.  Making the area surrounding your eyes a bit darker isn't going to help hide who you are.  Not really sure why they didn't go with a mask... I imagine with his resources that's way more logical that spray painting your face every time you go out.  And considering he's often very pressed for time, he needs to quickly wipe/wash off that "mask" after a mission.  Silliness!
Staff
#16 Posted by btmt (222 posts) - - Show Bio

One word: "AWESOME!!"

#17 Posted by Deranged Midget (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Yes, or they at least train under the same guy. Yeah, I thought it was really off-putting how he held the first wealthy target so close and threatened him. Even if that guy didn't know Ollie to begin with, his face has been plastered all over the news at that point. Making the area surrounding your eyes a bit darker isn't going to help hide who you are. Not really sure why they didn't go with a mask... I imagine with his resources that's way more logical that spray painting your face every time you go out. And considering he's often very pressed for time, he needs to quickly wipe/wash off that "mask" after a mission. Silliness!

Yeah, I keep imaging Ollie to one time forget to wipe off the paint from his face and just walk into a crowded area that Arrow just ran through :P

I hope they address the stupidity of the mask later on in the series, especially when he confronts those closet to him because he won't be able to avoid them forever. I'm curious as to what his father was really up to and why his mother wants to know how much Ollie truly knows.

#18 Posted by kid Apollo (716 posts) - - Show Bio

who needs a cowl, domino mask or goggles to cover your secret identity when you can have a hood and eyeshadow?

#19 Posted by ThomasElliot (366 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Isn't that what Deathstroke's mask on a post alludes to in the first episode? Someone else was on the island w/ Ollie, and more than likely Ollie put an arrow in that certain someone's eye.

#20 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

im liking what i see...

#21 Posted by CitizenJP (609 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang, that was epic. Deathstroke looks sick. But yeah overall I really enjoyed what I saw from the first episode and this "season reel" has me signed up for more!

#22 Posted by simonchan (101 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see Merlyn possibly training with Wade at the end of the season making him the premiere villain for season 2

#23 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

That was fantastic! :D

The flashbacks to the island look to be the best bits, seeing how he learned to be as deadly as he is. Also, the supporting characters (his bodyguard) getting some action will help out the show too, can't just have Ollie carrying it by himself.

Does it bother anyone else in a weird way that no matter where he shoots them, one arrow from Ollie is putting them down? I know it's commonplace, but still

#24 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

OH CAPTIAN1 MY CATIAN!! Captain Jack Harkness is in Arrow, we just don't know his part yet....yet.

#25 Posted by Wonder Princess (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved the premiere and can not wait for more.

#26 Posted by TheSmallvillefan12 (187 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for Deathstroke and Deadshot

#27 Posted by Deranged Midget (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThomasElliot: We'll find out soon enough I hope.

#28 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew they'd be changing a lot to the Green Arrow mythology/canon but I think giving him powers was a step too far...Those abs are clearly superhuman.

#29 Posted by The Cyan Lantern (240 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahh, I see what you did there

#30 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

The show feels like Batman but with green arrows attire and weapons.

its basically Bruce with a fascination with archery.

I think the show could do better..it doesn't have my interest.

also I loathe most shows on the CW because they all feel to similar with the typical acoustic music and everyone looks like a model, all perfect with makeup, even the background characters.

yaa this show isnt for me.

#31 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83 said:

So it looks like we might be getting Rose, (not sure that was her) Mr Z, Deadshot and Deathstroke! .....Whew! That's a trailer right there!

Oh god I hope not... don't get me wrong, I'd love more than anything to see Rose in live action, but not as a villain and not on this show. Judging from how Drakon got treated, I can't place too much trust in the show to not unceremoniously kill her off...

#32 Posted by SpiderWoman4everCaptainAmerica (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Laurel(Dinah) turns into Black Canary sooner or later.....that would be awesome! girl power! :D

#33 Posted by mightypug78 (355 posts) - - Show Bio

Im starting to think he accidently washed up on deathstrokes practice grounds or something.

#34 Posted by The Finality (133 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly thought that woman with the white hair and black outfit was Black Canary, but now I'm starting to suspect it could be China White. But I very much hope for Dinah to become Canary. This lawyer role works as something to fall back on, but I don't want to see one of DC Comics premier female superheroes turned into a third rate Lois Lane

#35 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5856 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Oh god I hope not... don't get me wrong, I'd love more than anything to see Rose in live action, but not as a villain and not on this show. Judging from how Drakon got treated, I can't place too much trust in the show to not unceremoniously kill her off...

Yea Drakon did get ''ahem" the shaft. Bazinga! lol

#36 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Woohoo Deadshot! And that better just be a SMIDGEN of what Deathstroke can do, seriously. And good stuff, although the cheesy lines do grate on my nerves, lol.

#37 Posted by sentryman555 (803 posts) - - Show Bio

@Doctor!!!!! said:

OH CAPTIAN1 MY CATIAN!! Captain Jack Harkness is in Arrow, we just don't know his part yet....yet.

=O I've never seen Barrowman play a villain. Of course I've only seen him in Torchwood and Doctor Who lol. But it would be really cool to see what he could do in a bad guy capacity.

#38 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Back in the 90s...we had THE FLASH! A much darker (slightly) more realistic superhero show than Lois & Clark. And I loved it! (too bad it only last one season)

Now we have ARROW! A much darker and more realistic superhero show than Smallville! And I love it as well! (and hopping it will live on for at least one more year...)

#39 Posted by Schabbe (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Just gonna leave these here

#40 Posted by jointron33 (1901 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4: thats not rose

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.