Follow

Green Arrow

Character » Green Arrow appears in 4287 issues.

Oliver Queen was a spoiled, thrill-seeking playboy, until he was left stranded on a deserted island for several years. There, he trained to become a master archer in order to survive. After his return home, he used his new-found skills and his wealth to became the costumed vigilante known as Green Arrow.

New to Green Arrow - help needed!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

..bought my first ever Green Arrow comic today, issue 32, love it! The comic book guys say its been one of the best and I have become hooked on the Arrow TV show. Anyway two questions please 1) I thought Arrow was based in Starling City, but its actually Seattle? 2) Can you please name me a really good recent TP that I can buy to get a flavour of the modern Green Arrow character, thanks

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Read the current green arrow comic from issue 17 when Lemire took over, not sure why he's based in Seattle but yes he's usually based in Starling

I'd also recommend Green Arrow: Year One

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@bezza: Green Arrow's stories are set in Seattle in the New 52 (and also Mike Grell's run from the late 80s/early 90s).

If you want a good recent story for Ollie, you should get the TPB "The Kill Machine." It collects the first seven issues Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino did.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Bezza

@xwraith said:

@bezza: Green Arrow's stories are set in Seattle in the New 52 (and also Mike Grell's run from the late 80s/early 90s).

If you want a good recent story for Ollie, you should get the TPB "The Kill Machine." It collects the first seven issues Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino did.

Yep, its on my list...I WILL get a copy. Loving Issue 32 btw!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.