More 'ARROW' Images Hit The Web

• 69 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

On Monday we got a look at a cool clip from the upcoming CW series, ARROW, based on Green Arrow which is set to launch on the network starting on October 10th, 2012. Today, we got another peek at actor Stephen Amell as Green Arrow in full Green Arrow regalia -- face paint included. The CW released new high resolution images promoting the upcoming show while its still on everyone's mind.

Here we not only get to see Amell as Green Arrow (in costume and undercover), but we also get a look at the actor as Oliver Queen both suited up and in a leather jacket. Anyone else reminded of Tony Stark a teensy bit in that image of Oliver Queen on stage?

The show's producers recently discussed their direction for an edgier and darker Green Arrow, and these pictures serve as proof of that. It's obvious that this Green Arrow is going to be pretty intense, dark and gritty -- but pictures are sometimes worth a thousand words, so why don't you check them out for yourself below? Let us know what you think of everything you have seen so far and whether or not you will be tuning in to the CW to catch the premiere of ARROW on October 10th.

== TEASER ==

Source: Green Arrow TV

#1 Posted by GardnerLantern (7 posts) - - Show Bio

My super senses detects a feeling of Batman Begins here.

#2 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

the spray paint doesnt hide his sh**. some goggles wouldve been better. perhaps high tech. from the pic at the party im getting 'im trying to be batman bit***s'.

#3 Posted by guidoworsley (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are his eyes painted? Anybody know this?

I mean I know Green Arrow wears an eye-mask, but that at least pretends to hide his identity.

Looking forward to it, it looks pretty good. Just wondering why bother with a green smear on his face.

#4 Posted by DDangelico (219 posts) - - Show Bio

The face paint is such an odd choice. I wonder what the train of thought was there...

#5 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys. I'm in love.

#6 Posted by DDangelico (219 posts) - - Show Bio

@Babs said:

Guys. I'm in love.

lol I knew a comment like this was coming... :-P

#7 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

@DDangelico: As long as it's not in the article.. ;) Journalistic integrity, and all that.

#8 Posted by DDangelico (219 posts) - - Show Bio

@Babs said:

@DDangelico: As long as it's not in the article.. ;) Journalistic integrity, and all that.

Oh of course. ;-) I just cant wait for the inevitable con-interview. "Blushy Babs" will be great!

#9 Posted by Inverno (13061 posts) - - Show Bio

Kattie Cassidy isn't blonde enough to be Black Canary

Just saying :-P

#10 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat: That's cool because Black Canary actually had brown hair. She wears a blonde wig ;)

#TheMoreYouKnow

#11 Posted by superdan6180 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

The face paint may be his solution for 'right now' and the mask could come later. I hope....

#12 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Babs said:

Guys. I'm in love.

By the show, the actor or Stephen Amell's rock hard abs? lol

My sis hates Superhero stuff. The last superhero movie she watched was fantastic four because of Alba. Then I showed her the trailer with Stephen Amell doing those vertical pull ups half nekked, after which she said shes definitely watching this show.

#13 Posted by cameron83 (6754 posts) - - Show Bio

@GardnerLantern said:

agreed,but if that is black canary i am going to scream (in freaking anger,at least make her blonde)

#14 Posted by Fudgie29 (70 posts) - - Show Bio

the face paint looks a little ridiculous. hope it doesnt last :P

#15 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Facepaint dynamo mask, not cool. The uniform, just simply awesome. Now he just needs to grow Ollie's signature muskateerstache and goatee beard and he'd be perfect.

#16 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously geared towards women and others who find him attractive, which is fine but at least give him a mask or something. It is like someone gave him a reverse "dirty sanchez" using baby poop on his eyes.

#17 Posted by BoyWander (318 posts) - - Show Bio

Now is face paint better or worse than just wearing sunglasses like Hawkeye...

#18 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@GardnerLantern said:

^

#19 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the show is gonna be cool and I'm looking forward to it, however, the face paint is a horrible decision. Put a mask on. Like a superhero/vigilante is going to go paint his face every time before he goes out. 

#20 Posted by AngelComa (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@Babs said:

Guys. I'm in love.

Yep, super excited :)

#21 Posted by gabisalamoni (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I still don't understand where they came from with that face paint, but...

@Babs said:

Guys. I'm in love.

Yeah, me too.

#22 Posted by blueninjapanther (672 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awesome, I can't wait. But I don't like how the mask is just paint looks stupid. If only they can actually make a mask that's fabric or plastic which is better.

#23 Edited by ArtisticNeedham (2234 posts) - - Show Bio
Green Arrow Look over us

Since his New 52 costume is styled after Smallville, will this mean they will redesign him in the comics to look like his new TV show version?

I can't wait till he looks like this one the show:

His hair and facial hair I mean.

#24 Posted by Savage_Hawkman (125 posts) - - Show Bio

@Babs said:

Guys. I'm in love.

With Dinah? Me too. Me too.

#25 Posted by Mercy_ (92635 posts) - - Show Bio

This actually looks like it's going to be pretty damn good. I'm cautiously optimistic.

#26 Posted by KMART4455 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

@GardnerLantern: welcome to the vine.

I do not believe this to be in the same league as batman begins.

Im cautiously optimistic about this show though

facepaint is a little odd...

#27 Posted by Gotham331 (178 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually looking forward to this show

#28 Posted by StayclassyMarvel (60 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a really good feeling about this. I'm praying this show will be successful, and will lead to a few other comic book tv shows

#29 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Babs said:

Guys. I'm in love.

When did you see him half naked? haha

#30 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8911 posts) - - Show Bio

YAY I need this pilot to come!!

#31 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O said:

Obviously geared towards women and others who find him attractive, which is fine but at least give him a mask or something. It is like someone gave him a reverse "dirty sanchez" using baby poop on his eyes.

what? this show is geared towards men. the actor like every other hollywood actor just appeared to be smoking. By your logic, both Thor and Captain America are geared towards women. Also who cares about the mask.

#32 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare:

It's the CW it's geared towards women.

#33 Posted by Hector (446 posts) - - Show Bio

Not liking the facepaint part at all. I hope he eventually puts on a mask.

#34 Posted by VexnadDanger (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good; green arrow is my favorite dc superhero so I'm hesitantly optimistic to see how the cw might try to pull that off, whatever the budget. The actor falls in line with what the new 52 created with the reboot. Now it makes sense why that change was made as they plan to grow their collection of intellectual properties. Who knows if we'll ever see green arrow appear on the bigscreen tho, with justice league in tow or otherwise. And how would batman or green lantern factor in?
What I do know is that hollywood executives often like to make gambles with large amounts of money so these questions will inevitably come to pass sometime in the foreseeable future. Unless the entertainment industry faces the apocalypse first of course. Haha

#35 Posted by jakob187 (998 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if it's because I actually liked Justin Hartley as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow in Smallville or because I liked Justin Hartley on Passions...

...but I think I would prefer Justin Hartley in this role. Oh well.

#36 Posted by CitizenJP (594 posts) - - Show Bio

So the mask really is facepaint, huh? Lol I thought everyone was joking but it actually doesn't look that bad and I kinda like it already. I guess maybe he's paying some homage to those people back on that island he was stranded on. :O

#37 Posted by __transgojobot__ (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@guidoworsley said:

Arrow Eye-Shadow™ (or ArrowShadow).

#38 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw...come on! Not the supid face-painting like they did with Canary on Smallville!

It's so...dumb! I said it, just dumb!

#39 Posted by VioletPhoenix (294 posts) - - Show Bio

Stephen Amell is somewhat dreamy

#40 Posted by pingclang (243 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a huge GA fan and can not wait! The paint isn't that big of a deal, that's what Mike Grell gave him during his run on the book so I'm happy to see them following that take on the character. I really hope to see the van dyke beard and mustache but I don't see them going that direction with this show. It's gonna be great to see Ollie as lead man no matter what.

#41 Posted by EmeraldArcher (6 posts) - - Show Bio

The picture is a bit out of context. He is primarily seen with the Hood up so the "mask" is essentially shadowing his face.

this pick is after he is knocked down.

I've seen the Pilot twice and it works. A domino mask however, wouldn't have. He's NOT a Superhero...he's an Urban Hunter, A Vigilante.

#42 Posted by k4tzm4n (36482 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke, Deadshot aaaaaaaand Drakon? Yeah, count me in.

Staff
#43 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@guidoworsley said:

I mean I know Green Arrow wears an eye-mask, but that at least pretends to hide his identity.

Looking forward to it, it looks pretty good. Just wondering why bother with a green smear on his face.

People usually paint under their mask so it covers everything.

#44 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: I have to disagree with all you said. I don't care if the actor is "pretty", that is fine, but given CW's track record with their shows involving super heroes and supernatural themes, they've been geared towards a female audience. You can disagree but it is my opinion and don't think it is too far off by any means.

Regarding his mask, it does matter. It isn't even a mask. At least give him a domino pasty mask or something instead, like Ollie wears in the comics.

Lastly, it is great that at least some superhero characters are getting some airtime on TV but the efforts have been mediocre to half-ass at best.

#45 Posted by entropy_aegis (14577 posts) - - Show Bio

Ollie is wearing Bane's belted biker jacket.

#46 Posted by 3Blue_Star (191 posts) - - Show Bio

@VioletPhoenix said:

Stephen Amell is somewhat dreamy

#47 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: @Decept-O:

Is Supernatural geared towards women?

#48 Posted by Wonder Princess (136 posts) - - Show Bio

I will be watching this for sure.

#49 Posted by ThomasElliot (360 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@TheCrowbar: @Decept-O:

Is Supernatural geared towards women?

I gotta admit, JUDGING A BOOK BY ITS COVER, I thought Supernatural was some girlie show. Like the supernatural version of Smallville.

Then my wife started watching Supernatural and we got sucked into it and realized how good it actually is.

But, unfortunately, CW IS directed toward women. Take stock of their current list of shows and its not that hard to understand why people assume as much.

Its not much different from True Blood... lots of people think its the HBO Twilight rip-off when in reality, its WAY, WAY, WAAAY better than Twilight and actually pretty raunchy and hilarious.

#50 Posted by SuperDoahBoy (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Green Arrow fans care about the mask, and majority of The CW's shows are actually geared towards women which is one of the reasons that I'm still unsure about this show. That is also the reason I think they decided to use face paint, cause they didn't want to hide his face behind a mask for the benefit of the girls crushing on his good looks.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.