Judd Winick back on Green Arrow!!

#1 Edited by BlueArrow (256 posts) - - Show Bio

Judd Winick is returning to Green Arrow! What are your opinions on his return to the character?

For those of you who don't know Judd Winick wrote in my opnion some of the best modern Green Arrow stories before the reboot. his run (I believe) was from Green Arrow 32- Green Arrow 79 the trades were:

Green Arrow: City walls

Green Arrow: Moving targets

Green Arrow: Heading into the light

Green Arrow: Crawling through the wreckage

Green Arrow:Road to Jericho

It was his work that made Green Arrow become one of my favorite characters. Thoughts?

Two of my favorite scenes below

#2 Edited by BlueArrow (256 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a big fan of Winnick, but I love Green Arrow, so I will give it a try. I dropped the title last week cause the writing and art are just awful. Nocenti is a good writer, but she just doesn't have a feel for Green Arrow at all.

#4 Posted by SoA (4693 posts) - - Show Bio

havent liked the recent arrow series but if its in capable hands ill pick it up

#5 Edited by Twentyfive (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

Winick is doing a solid job on Batwing, and the first 8 issues made it among DC's best in the new 52. I'm going to give his GA the check-out.

#6 Posted by Lamenoire (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait... What ? When was it announced ?

Damn... if this is true, Green Arrow won't be awful anymore

#7 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7583 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

Winick is doing a solid job on Batwing, and the first 8 issues made it among DC's best in the new 52. I'm going to his GA the check-out.

Yep, really grown to be a fan of his. Love Batwing.

#8 Edited by Brit (372 posts) - - Show Bio

IMO, the New 52 Green Arrow feels like he's Steve Jobs w/ a fetish for Archery... I know of Judd's work so I hope he'll turn things around 100%

#9 Posted by Billy Batson (57756 posts) - - Show Bio

BB

#10 Posted by BlueArrow (256 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: I don't get it?

@Twentyfive: I agree, He took a character that I thought wouldn't last in the New 52 and made him great! His stories have been really good so far.

@Katie24: I didn't check the artist but I hope they give him one who can draw Green Arrow and his motions fluidly. I actually thought the art for the first six issues (which wasn't that good) was much better then the art for the last six.

#11 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's hope that he will make the book good.

#12 Edited by Billy Batson (57756 posts) - - Show Bio

What's there not to get?
Winnick is a horrible writer. Sure he can write well at times like Justice League: Generation Lost or Exiles but most of time he's hack. Pretty much everyone before him wrote better stories than him, pre-reboot of course. He's most likely going to do a better job than the previous writers on the new title.
BB

#13 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio
@Brit said:

IMO, the New 52 Green Arrow feels like he's Steve Jobs w/ a fetish for Archery... I know of Judd's work so I hope he'll turn things around 100%

lol?
#14 Posted by aaunderoath (165 posts) - - Show Bio

Winnick is just on #0 then it goes back Nocenti

#15 Posted by BlueArrow (256 posts) - - Show Bio

@aaunderoath said:

Winnick is just on #0 then it goes back Nocenti

Yeah I jumped the gun on that and made an assumption. Damn

#16 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1556 posts) - - Show Bio

SMH, got my hopes up dude. I'd be really excited for him to get back on GA. When his run ended, that's when the series started to go downhill for me. I thought he did real good work with the relationships within the Arrow Family, the conflict with Slade, and branching Ollie out into other areas.

#17 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Who will be revealed to have AIDS?

#18 Posted by Thowell3 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have liked it more if Kevin Smith came back for a while. Judd isn't bad I just liked Kevin's run on Green Arrow more.

#19 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Winick is hit or miss with me but I did like his Green Arrow run.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.