Huntress and Arrow <3

#1 Posted by comicboy19 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay if you did not watch the new episode it’s okay it just ended you catch up soon. But a spoiler this contain the new formed Dc couple of the Huntress and Green Arrow and I’ll be honest I DID NOT see that kiss coming I thought they would hug. But I can rationalize why this two would end up. They both have seen hell and because so they seek to right the world both have a somewhat skewed since of what the word "justice" means and both felt angry and alone as they took up their mantles. So I ask of you what are your thoughts on this?

#2 Posted by ltbrd (562 posts) - - Show Bio

It won't last. I thought they did a good job with Huntress' portrayal and towards the end the differences in their viewpoints was clear. Think this is going to have a run through this season, or at least a few episodes, where Helena's viewpoints will begin to cloud Oliver's judgement and mission, which could potentially compromise his identity towards the seasons end.

Technically speaking, Oliver's definition of justice is correct.....the administering of deserved punishment or reward. None of the people on Oliver's list did anything to him personally, in fact many made his family rich and gave him the easy life he had up to his time on the island. So what he is doing is not revenge, and he has no personally vendetta against the people on his father's list. He is simply delivering to them punishments based upon the crimes and pain they have caused others. However, his actions go against our viewpoint of justice as a society, which is to adhere to a set of rules and procedures defined by laws. This is also justice and the accepted one and by extension Oliver's justice is not accepted and thus he's a vigilante and wanted by the police.

On the other hand, Helena is in no way dealing justice but purely seeking revenge against her father and in the process is killing people that, while corrupt and evil, had no hand in the tragedy that befell her fiance. However, she believes herself to be in the right and while Oliver knows she isn't he desires a connection and way to unburden his shoulders from the task he's put before himself and thus will overlook Helena's incorrect actions for a chance at a connection once again. Thus I could see the next few episodes leading to a darker point for the season where Oliver becomes isolated from the rest of his support group as a result of Helena's actions and their growing relationship.

But, I don't think it will last for too long as this is only the 7th episode and trying to bring this idea through the rest of the season would kill the momentum the season started with and dipped a bit last week. This will bring that momentum back up, but probably only to episode 12-15, at which point the season will most likely shift to the Merlin Family part in all of this as the first season winds to a close.

#3 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Now I cant wait for Huntress and Green Arrow to hook up in new 52

#4 Edited by webling (143 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the adaptation of Helena and the way they are using her to explore the vigilante-viglante relationship dynamic for Ollie since Merlyn is hooking up with Laurel. Also I was glad to see that Merlyn is finally getting some tragedy so that he can begin his transformation into a villain by season two or three. I like that they made John Barrowman's character into Merlyn's father, I hope that he'll be pretty much like Lionel Luthor from Smallville as that was always a favorite character of mine from that show. And that Thea and her mother aren't completely clueless to Oliver's escapades.

I actually had the opposite experience with the kiss because they started the make-out rock music a second too early.

Agreed

#5 Posted by Catsnlynne (1052 posts) - - Show Bio

Please don't ruin Green Arrow book by making him hook up with Huntress.
#6 Posted by SupBatz (1814 posts) - - Show Bio

It's interesting for the moment. I like Huntress' portrayal (despite having some serious problems with De Gouw's acting). I wish they'd throw a bit of purple into her costume. There wasn't the best view of it in the previews for next week but from what I saw it looked bland.

#7 Posted by entropy_aegis (15472 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupBatz said:

It's interesting for the moment. I like Huntress' portrayal (despite having some serious problems with De Gouw's acting). I wish they'd throw a bit of purple into her costume. There wasn't the best view of it in the previews for next week but from what I saw it looked bland.

Stiff acting and blandness is something that I've come to expect from the actors of this show,excluding an exception here and there.

#8 Posted by BlackWind (7046 posts) - - Show Bio

It won't last. I doubt it'll endure a full season.

#9 Posted by The_Tree (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@Catsnlynne said:

Please don't ruin Green Arrow book by making him hook up with Huntress.

+1

#10 Posted by daredevil21134 (12373 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

Well its gonna be with Helena Wayne since DC hates Betinelli

#11 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@sethysquare said:

They're basically the same character.

Its like saying Power Girl (Atlantean) is different from Power Girl (Kryptonian)

#12 Posted by War Killer (20375 posts) - - Show Bio

For the show I felt this was great character development for Oliver. Since episode one he has been told time and time again that he needs to open up to someone, to whom he can be honest and truthful with and not have to live the lie he has been living since returning home. Helena allows us to see a side of Ollie being open and honest with someone and not having to hide anything from them. But personally I'm excited about this because this only opens the door for newer heroes to begin to pop up, much like Batman inspires heroes in Gotham, I like the fact that in some way, Ollie can inspire others to bring justice to their city. Plus I think this takes a little pressure off of Oliver because now he's not fighting this war completely alone and has someone fighting alongside him.

This show simply gets better and better with every new episode.

#13 Posted by daredevil21134 (12373 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@sethysquare said:

Not to me

#14 Posted by SupBatz (1814 posts) - - Show Bio

Notes after watching "Vendetta":

- Acting is still pretty bad in this show. Extremely noticeable in the beginning, less so as it progresses.

- Not digging Huntress' costume. Perhaps it's that is just so black. I was hoping to see some more shades of purple.

- Ollie giving speeches about justice and people not having to die as he proceeds to kill Triad enforcers ... credibility lost.

- I wish they'd actually called Helena Huntress at some point. Not that big a deal but it would've been nice.

Negatives aside, I do like Huntress' character. I particularly enjoyed Ollie and Dig's interactions regarding Helena and liked the way that everything panned out with her being too far gone. It was actually kind of sad but still credible. Felicity (I think that's her name) has got to be the best actress on the show. Every scene she's in pretty much brightens the entire episode. And I really enjoyed Ollie's "training" Helena and giving her the crossbow.

#15 Posted by redhoodnet (153 posts) - - Show Bio

LOVED IT

It was great to have her in the mix and I really look forward to more DCU in the series!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.