How was Kevin Smith's run on Green Arrow?

#1 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I know that he wrote him a little while back. Is it worth reading?

#2 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

... I don't bother remembering the names of writers... so I need more tangible information.  >.>  Sorry for the ineptitude I am exuding...

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

The story arc was called Quiver. It was like 9 years ago. Kevin Smith is the dude who played Silent Bob in the Clerks movies and Mallrats

#4 Posted by PowerHerc (83401 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, it's worth reading (IMO).

#5 Posted by smeddy (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I read a lot of Green Arrow and Quiver is amongst the best. It's heavy on DC Continuity, but Smith does a good job keeping it coherent. Even better than Quiver is The Sounds of Violence, the second arc he wrote. 

(He also wrote and directed Clerks and Mallrats, and played Bob in Dogma and Chasing Amy and Jay and Silent Bob Strike back and Clerks 2, but you probably knew that)

#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@smeddy: Yeah I knew all that, but I didn't wanna go to in depth with him ;)
#7 Posted by .Longshot. (5264 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024: I just, literally just finished reading Quiver and it is excellent. Definitely worth a read.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.