Green lantern and Green Arrow

#1 Posted by Obtrusive (1642 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems like an odd team up and I would think that arrow is completely outclasses.  Someone enlighten me.

#2 Posted by emerald_lamp_2814 (630 posts) - - Show Bio

they did that because they wanted to make green arrow more famous so they co-featured him in the green lantern because they both have green in their name
#3 Edited by johnny_spam (2033 posts) - - Show Bio

Dennis O'neil stated that Green Lantern was like the ultimate cop and Green Arrow was a big liberal left winged superhero so he put them together since they were suppose to be opposites. Those older Green Lantern/Green Arrow issues were about political issues of the time and it showed them talking about those issues.

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24692 posts) - - Show Bio

i think their differences was the point of the series

#5 Posted by ArtJoker (521 posts) - - Show Bio

I think DC wanted to make another Dynamic Duo much like Batman and Superman.

#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24692 posts) - - Show Bio
@ArtJoker:
i liked green lantern and green arrow better than batman and superman
#7 Posted by CylonDorado (1867 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I guess on paper, Superman way outclasses Batman too.

#8 Posted by GreenLantern555 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" @ArtJoker: i liked green lantern and green arrow better than batman and superman "
For once we agree ;-)
#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24692 posts) - - Show Bio
@GreenLantern555: its just a better pairing plus hal and olie are far more relatable than bruce and clark
#10 Posted by comicguy9 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

i like them both but green lantern better
#11 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the greatest comic duos ever, in my opinion. Supes and Bats are surprisingly a bit lower on my list, Blue Beetle and Booster Gold are also on there.

#12 Posted by PowerHerc (81712 posts) - - Show Bio

The characters have a contrast in personality and power level much like Superman and Batman.  I like the friendship and the partnering of the two.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.