Green Arrow's new creative team!

Posted by knightofthechronicle (643 posts) - - Show Bio

I just felt like breaking the news here, starting at issue 17 Green Arrow's going to get a new team! Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino!

Just felt like breaking the news. :)

#1 Posted by tahmidk (283 posts) - - Show Bio

YESSS OMG OMG I LOVE JEFF LEMIRE!!!!! Green Arrow has been so shit especially with that ann noenti chick or whatever, thank fucking goodness!!! Jeff Lemire is one of my favourite writers in modern times, loved his justice league dark, frankenstein and animal man!!!!

#2 Posted by wessaari (622 posts) - - Show Bio

not only is GA getting the writing he deserves, but from what i cant tell he is getting the artist he deserves. It is about damn time he is treated with respect at DC!!!

#3 Posted by xtremekidx (576 posts) - - Show Bio

will finally start reading GA again!!

#4 Posted by The_Tree (7243 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm extremely pumped for it. I love Lemire anyway, but I'm especially excited because he compared it to Mike Grell and Andy Diggle's Green Arrow runs, and Denny O'Neil's Question run.

Be prepared for gritty, street-level awesomesauce.

#5 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm guess the show's success had something to do with this.

#6 Posted by stumpy49er (609 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow! Yes, I've wanted a great Green Arrow comic for a long time. Jeff Lemire is in my top 5 of current writers. Hawkeye is currently my favorite comic coming from Marvel, now I'll be getting both archer books.

#7 Posted by Brit (372 posts) - - Show Bio

just add the beard and goatee and we're all set..

i hope that Ollie would stick to using the Recurve bow and avoid using the stupid Compound bow. He can really show off how great of an archer he is when using the traditional bow rather than the other which can be tweaked - i feel like he's cheating with it..

#8 Posted by Loki9876 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brit said:

i hope that Ollie would stick to using the Recurve bow and avoid using the stupid Compound bow. He can really show off how great of an archer he is when using the traditional bow rather than the other which can be tweaked - i feel like he's cheating with it..

i agree with a goatee but not to much beard either.

#9 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Loki9876 said:

@Brit said:

i agree with a goatee but not to much beard either.

no goatee please.

#10 Posted by Catsnlynne (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

Please please please no goatee or beard of any kind.

#11 Posted by SupBatz (1701 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brit said:

I miss it. It gave him character.

#12 Posted by Brit (372 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupBatz said:

@Brit said:

I miss it. It gave him character.

Damn right! That's what sets him apart.. Having no goatee is like setting him up in a Twilight movie..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.