Green Arrow's arch nemesis?

Posted by Avengers_4everXX (156 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi guys! I'm working on some story ideas of mine, and since I'm not exactly a GA aficionado, I was wondering if anyone could tell me who Green Arrow's technical "arch enemy" is? I know alternate media always uses Count Vertigo, but if I'm not mistaken the original Clock King was also a significant rival to him, and hasn't he developed an enmity with Deathstroke recently as well? I really don't know what I'm talking about with Ollie so I need your help :) Thanks!

#1 Posted by The_Tree (7201 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always considered Merlyn to be Ollie's arch nemesis. Ollie does also have a long-running feud with Deathstroke.

#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12506 posts) - - Show Bio

Originally it was Count Vertigo but in modern days it has shifted to Merlyn

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32646 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree said:

I've always considered Merlyn to be Ollie's arch nemesis. Ollie does also have a long-running feud with Deathstroke.

#4 Posted by bamaboykmb (149 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by BlueArrow (256 posts) - - Show Bio

either deathstroke or merlyn. My definition of arch-nemisis is someone who will attack the hero for no reason other then to ruin their lives, EX: Joker, Captain cold, Black Manta, so that would mean either of those 2

#6 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Count Vertigo or Merlyn.

His number 2 and 1.

#7 Posted by Squalleon (4143 posts) - - Show Bio

Count Vertigo or Merlin.

#8 Posted by Ms. Omega (4403 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadshot

#9 Posted by joshlol44 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

When most people think of his main villain its either Count Vertigo or Merlyn because he has a bit of a long history with both of them.

#10 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

In the silver age, it was Clock King. In the bronze age, new villains were invented such as Merlyn, Slingshot, Vertigo and Stinger. Merlyn started in JLA. Slingshot was used a few times in World's Finest dollar comic. Vertigo and Stinger started at the same time. Black Canary fought Vertigo first in an issue of Worlds Finest dollar comic in her own solo feature. In the Green Arrow solo feature, Green Arrow fought new villain Stinger. In the next issue, Vertigo teamed up with Stinger to fight Black Canary and Green Arrow. Vertigo soon became a popular Green Arrow villain and was used in the first Green Arrow mini series. Deathstroke also started in the bronze age as a Teen Titans villain. Deadshot was revived in the bronze age to fight Batman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Green_Arrow_enemies

#11 Posted by jayskee (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

Merlin or Vertigo

#12 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Merlyn I think.

#13 Posted by FlashKnight (448 posts) - - Show Bio

Merlyn

#14 Posted by Muffin_Sangria (504 posts) - - Show Bio

@ms__omega said:

Deadshot

I havne't read many Green Arrow comic but from what I've seen Deadshot isn't even listed as one of his villains. Kinda surprising since the two seem like they would be great paired up against each other.

#15 Posted by Xwraith (15181 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure it's Komodo now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.