Green Arrow and Deathstroke Rivalry

#1 Edited by ShowboatingPenguin (149 posts) - - Show Bio

After Ollie stabbed Slade in the eye socket in Identity Crisis, Deathstroke has become an enemy of green arrow. They considered him to be his "Arch-nemisis". They even put him as a villain in the TV series "Arrow". Even in the trailer for Deathstroke in "Injustice: Gods Among Us" they are seen fighting most of the time throughout the video.   

I want to hear what are people's opinions on this rivalry. Should Deathstroke be considered to be Green Arrow's Arch-nemisis, or should that title belong to someone else like Merlyn or any other Green Arrow enemy? Do you want their rivalry back in the New 52? I sure as hell want them to!

#2 Posted by The_Tree (7294 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a cool rivalry, but I'd prefer it not be turned into an archnemesis thing for Ollie. There are many characters I'd put in line before 'Stroke as an archnemsis, such as Constantine Drakon or Merlyn. And if there's anyone I would consider Slade to be an archnemesis to, it'd be Dick Grayson.

#3 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8823 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke is the main antagonist of the Teen Titans and is a pure mercenary. I think their encounters should be limited to one getting in the way or stumbling onto the others then fighting ensues. He has no reasons to be the nemesis of Green Arrow and is so superior to him in every way as to make the prospect laughable as a long term concept without massively disrespecting Deathstrokes capabilities and competence

#4 Posted by Squalleon (4567 posts) - - Show Bio

Not as an archnemesis but as a rival!

Two hardheaded men who hate its other's guts!

#5 Posted by Nightflash (713 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShowboatingPenguin: More like ARCHERY-NEMESIS HAHAHAHHHHA but seriously, Slade is too good for Oliver. BIG NO NO!

#6 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

Rivalry or nemesis made by philosophy standpoint or a grudge. Deartstroke thinks of Green Arrow as a another annoying super hero messing with his job and Green Arrow thinks of Deathstroke as a killer who needs to be taken down before someone get killed.

I have not read much of either of them go ahead and educate me. what the history of both of them

#7 Posted by Squalleon (4567 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hazlenaut said:

Rivalry or nemesis made by philosophy standpoint or a grudge. Deartstroke thinks of Green Arrow as a another annoying super hero messing with his job and Green Arrow thinks of Deathstroke as a killer who needs to be taken down before someone get killed.

I have not read much of either of them go ahead and educate me. what the history of both of them

Ollie was the reason DS lost his fight with the JL in Identity Crisis (he caused DS a lot of pain because he stabed him in the eye patch)!

Deathstroke then took a contract to kill Oliver Queen but Ollie expected him and outsmarted him!

Deathstroke teamed up with Costandine Drakon to kill the Arrow Family and almost succeded!

#8 Posted by joshlol44 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Rival and Villain yes but Arch-nemisis no...That goes for someone like Merlyn or maybe the new villain Komodo that is going to debut in Green Arrow issue 17.

#9 Posted by Bobsjonjon (227 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade crushes Ollie always!

#10 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5531 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea I'd keep them as rivals and nothing more. Also I see Drakon as Connors arch.

#11 Posted by k4tzm4n (41067 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree said:

It's a cool rivalry, but I'd prefer it not be turned into an archnemesis thing for Ollie. There are many characters I'd put in line before 'Stroke as an archnemsis, such as Constantine Drakon or Merlyn. And if there's anyone I would consider Slade to be an archnemesis to, it'd be Dick Grayson.

I really hope they bring Drakon into the New 52.
Staff Online
#12 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

It's definitely a great rivalry. Deathstroke is quite the adversary but I think Ollie's skills and style make him match up quite well with him. GA has more than held his own against DS in the past, even bested him when DS surprised him and found Ollie gaining the upper hand.

#13 Edited by Wolverine08 (41307 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a cool rivalry, but Oliver isn't in Slade's league at all. He's been stomped by a Deathstroke who was toying with him even when he has Black Canary for help.

#14 Posted by batmannflash (6215 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the rivalry, but he shouldn't be his arch-nemesis. I would like that title to go to someone like Merlyn or Count Vertigo. Deathstroke is greater than Ollie, anyways

#15 Posted by Onemoreposter (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

Merlyn is Ollie's arch in my eyes. I do enjoy the rivalry between Ollie and Slade though. Slade was a great arch for the Titans including Dick Grayson, Donna Troy, Wally West, Roy Harper, and Vic Stone. That gave him a really diverse selection of comics he could show up in appropriately from the Outsiders to the JLA. However, he doesn't really fit with any of those characters or the Teen Titans in the new 52. I don't really see him as an arch-enemy for ANYONE in the current DCU.

Perhaps Slade could be put up as an arch-nemesis for some of those Wildstorm characters that flooded the DCU and are seemingly being quickly forgotten about.

Deathstroke vs Midnighter anyone?

#16 Posted by lifeofvibe (3475 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Pokeysteve (8259 posts) - - Show Bio

The concept of Ollie even having a chance against Slade is sooooo laughable. Ollie lasting against a serious Slade for more than 20 seconds is plot based.

#18 Edited by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

Give ollie upgrades then we talk

#19 Posted by Outside_85 (8749 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade isnt really anyone's arch-foe, because he's been a great enemy of so many people in DC, NTT, Batman, Ollie... if he migrated to Marvel he'd be replacing Taskmaster.

#20 Posted by lifeofvibe (3475 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: he's not anyone's arch nemisis....and that's how I like it!

To batman

To night wing

To JLA

To the teen titans

To green arrow

To young justice

To that guy with the weird stupid looking hawk mask...

To aquaman

To lobo...

And it should stay that way!

#21 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a cool rivalry and i like seeing it but i will always connect Deathstroke to Nightwing. I would like to see Prometheus be his baddie instead

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.