Follow

Green Arrow

Character » Green Arrow appears in 4287 issues.

Oliver Queen was a spoiled, thrill-seeking playboy, until he was left stranded on a deserted island for several years. There, he trained to become a master archer in order to survive. After his return home, he used his new-found skills and his wealth to became the costumed vigilante known as Green Arrow.

Green Arrow #35 (spoilers)

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mrnoital

With this new issue the new creative team has a decent start, showing Ollie fighting for his city against small criminals that would hurt the small guy, taking out some crooks that were stealing money from an orphanage

After the fight Ollie was left with a bullet in his arm, that he didn't even realize he took, and had to get it removed and stitched up by a local doctor at a hospital he was donating to, the doctor seemed to know he's Green Arrow and was letting him know about city problems including government and people stealing supply shipments

After getting stitched up he went to a meeting he was hours late for, and who would it be, but Lex Luthor and Bruce Wayne offering a merger, Oliver wasn't interested in the slightest, asking Bruce how he can trust someone like Lex, Bruce seemed to trust Lex and was earnest in getting Ollie to join them

A possibly new character was introduced, he was called Mr King by the man he was torturing, the man said he didn't know anything about Green Arrow, but King said he's already being dealt with, and he's referring to someone far more dangerous, Mia Dearden, I'm not sure if this Mr King could be King Faraday, or a whole new character, but they have my interest

Oliver seems to have a relationship of sorts with his business manager Zehra

And Felicity Smoak was introduced, now she appears to be someone hired to kill Green Arrow, still some kind of tech expert, but she was only shown at the end of the issue

Overall it was a good issue, but doesn't feel right, there appears to be a time skip of about 3 months saying Naomi has been off the grid for that long

Another thing I was not fond of was how not only Naomi, but also Fyff and Emiko were not in the issue, saying Fyff got a new job, and Emiko was off training

As for the art, it was good, even above lots of the other comics out, but it's hard to compare much to Sorrentino's style in my opinion, but there was one page where Bruce looked like he was either drunk, or a picture taken at a really weird moment like mid-sneeze

While I can definitely understand people's hesitation toward getting new issues with the new creative team, they are bringing a decent aspect of pre-52 Ollie, but it doesn't quite feel right after Lemire's run, it felt like Ollie still needed to grow as a character, but now he is already a man of the people

But there are 2 main things that have me interested and will be buying the next few issues for sure, the reintroduction Mia Dearden, and in #37 Merlyn

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.