Extended Trailer for 'Arrow' TV Series

• 81 results
Posted by G-Man (30650 posts) - - Show Bio

The CW has released an extended look at the upcoming Green Arrow TV show, Arrow. This longer look gives us a better feel as to what the show's tone will be like. It doesn't look like they'll be holding back on the production. The more I see, the more I excited I get.

It sounds as if he might just be calling himself "Arrow" instead of "Green Arrow." We'll have to see if that's really the case. I'm still not exactly sure why they wanted to drop the "Green" in the title. I understand "Green Arrow" makes it clear it's a comic book character and maybe they want to separate themselves a tiny bit from that. The show does appear to be taking a more serious and darker approach rather than a campier one. It definitely doesn't look as light as Smallville was.

Thoughts? Was that Deathstroke's mask at the end?

== TEASER ==
Staff
#1 Posted by tiger26 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

omg Deathstroke

#2 Posted by pingclang (240 posts) - - Show Bio

Color me all sorts of pumped. I wish his name wasn't just Arrow but I can overlook that. Can't wait until this Fall.

#3 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay, I love it.

#4 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

looking forward to it, Deathstroke must be a villain in this series.

#5 Posted by boshuda (42 posts) - - Show Bio

If they're dropping Green it may be to distance themselves from Green Lantern. That film didn't do anywhere near as well as hoped.

#6 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

It actually looks pretty cool. I hope it ends up actually being really good.

#7 Posted by Billy Batson (57773 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's else mask could it be?
First time I watched the trailer and I must say it looks good.
BB

#8 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

only gonna watch it for deathstrike. they're trying too hard to make him into batman with a bow.

#9 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@boshuda said:

If they're dropping Green it may be to distance themselves from Green Lantern. That film didn't do anywhere near as well as hoped.

It could be true, but its not bcos the film under performed. Its because there were too many characters with a Green in them, Green Hornet, Green Lantern, so the audience got a little confused.

#10 Posted by The Stegman (23125 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how the arrow is going through the eye of the Deathstroke mask.

#11 Posted by NightFang (9900 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm I the only one hating the fact GA kills people in this trailer?

#12 Posted by Loki9876 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks cool but who's the guy with the red mask?

#13 Posted by deadpool25mm (579 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good! cant wait!

#14 Posted by Robrat93 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Still undecided, i will watch it, i just hope it digs into the Dc Universe like smallville did.

#15 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it'll be good. I hope the audience buys into it as much as they did with smallville.

#16 Posted by xanthiss (177 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty cool. I hope it does well.

#17 Posted by Azrael66 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it's good, I hope it's good!!!

#18 Posted by danhimself (22290 posts) - - Show Bio

looks good but I really don't understand why WB and DC have this problem with just keeping things the way they are...why can't they just call it Green Arrow?

#19 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Loki9876: Random thug with random mask.

#20 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks nice.

#21 Posted by KamenRider00 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they drooped the "Green" from his name to seperate it from the Smallville Green Arrow. It looks cool.

#22 Posted by guardiandevil801 (272 posts) - - Show Bio

sweet can't wait

#23 Posted by Webjaker (366 posts) - - Show Bio

Did i watch a different trailer? This looks Hooooorrible

#24 Posted by hyperman (280 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks awsome!!! I just hope we can see Black Canary, Ropy harper, Connor Hawkw and Mia Arden in this show!

#25 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2233 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks really good. That has to be Deathstroke's mask right? Half black and half orange. But why would his mask be on the island and with an arrow through it? Maybe they are hinting at a possible villain who could show up on the show later, and give him a connection to the island before he shows up to give him a greater connection to Arrow.

I like how they are showing how much his time on the island effected him.

And my favorite parts are when he looks all scruffy with a long beard from the island, like the comics.

#26 Posted by cbishop (7105 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks to me like they're hinting that Deathstroke had something to do with Oliver Queen winding up on the island. He's a wealthy playboy - it makes sense that the boating accident would have been a hired hit.

#27 Posted by Trodorne (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

@Webjaker said:

Did i watch a different trailer? This looks Hooooorrible

Horrible how? I mean for a commercial for the CW which most of its general audiance are ages 13-21 and most of them probably watch more gritty shows than anything else. This seems like a very nice line up in their programming. cause remember webjaker. in order to sell and idea to the general public, you have to treat them like idiots by having fast images, violence, sex and a hard rock soundtrack. Though it dumbs people down, it makes money in the end. Though the show to me looks interesting ill see how long ill be watching it. oh and on a side note.

#28 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sooo skeptical, however...I still got a little "Meh that's not going to be handled well feel."

#29 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

looks more promising every time they release info.

#30 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8895 posts) - - Show Bio

YAY I saw this yesterday, I am so excited for this shows!

#31 Edited by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanna hear something funny?

Superman-First hero to debut in comics.

Zatara (Zatanna's dad)-Debuted in the same issue as the 2nd superhero

Arrow (Centaur Comics 1940)-3rd Superhero who rips off Robin Hood

Green Arrow rips off Arrow

Hawkeye rips off Green Arrow

And Now Green Arrow rips off Arrow's name

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#32 Posted by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks promising. I will give this one a go.

#33 Posted by Loki9876 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

onomatope should be in this.

#34 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless Deadpool jumped ship again, than that's definitely Deathstroke's mask.

#35 Posted by battlexlordx (314 posts) - - Show Bio

It's darker than that other wb show what was it. It had a guy in leather that shot arrows at people too. he also dressed in green, But he had a super strong friend that was the main character , was it smalltown. no it was more like smallfalls. smallfarm ah well I'll get it later.

#36 Posted by Chaos Burn (1773 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang: well he can't be using his boxing glove arrow all the time

#37 Posted by elayem98 (458 posts) - - Show Bio

wow they reused lex luthors mansion from smallville to be olivers/his family's house

#38 Posted by Bluefox170 (382 posts) - - Show Bio

If Deathstroke is included you can count me in.

#39 Posted by Replicant0658 (85 posts) - - Show Bio

DEATHSTROKE!!!!!!

#40 Posted by CitizenJP (594 posts) - - Show Bio

( 7 ^_^)7

#41 Posted by Maki_P (275 posts) - - Show Bio

So the Queens bought the Luthor State near Smallville. Okay

#42 Posted by sentryman555 (747 posts) - - Show Bio

If they were gonna make this they might as well have made a Batman live action show. Guy with something horrible happening to him. Check. Comes back home to clean up his city from crime. Check. Dark moodiness. Check. Deep growl in voice when in costume. Check.

#43 Posted by DrEgonSpengler (509 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool, but I'm not so sure about him killing every enemy that gets in his way!

#44 Posted by shackle (215 posts) - - Show Bio

Cue complaints of "Why 'Arrow' and not 'GREEN Arrow' OMG they RUINED it GREEN ARROW is iconic not this ARROW BS well I won't be watching it because they changed his NAME rabble rabble rabble."

#45 Posted by Zuckuss_02 (43 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG Deathstroke. I am SOLD!

This is only the trailer for the pilot, but I hope they eventually change his name to Green Arrow like how it's supposed to be.

I also hope they incorporate some of his rogues gallery like Merlyn, Count Vertigo, Catman & Prometheus. And occasionally have guest appearances by other DCU heroes and villains like Smallville did.

I also hope Black Canary has her powers. I would also like to eventually see further down the line they incorporate Speedy (Roy Harper) into the series. Maybe for season 3 or something.

#46 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84550 posts) - - Show Bio

Parkour Arrow, check. Deathstroke, check. All around badass show, lets hope so

#47 Posted by BoOMbOoMpOw (1711 posts) - - Show Bio

I really got the feeling that this series is going to be awesome !!!

#48 Posted by SavageDragon (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

@boshuda: Or green hornet lol that movie was all sorts of fail

#49 Posted by webling (143 posts) - - Show Bio

@sentryman555 said:

If they were gonna make this they might as well have made a Batman live action show. Guy with something horrible happening to him. Check. Comes back home to clean up his city from crime. Check. Dark moodiness. Check. Deep growl in voice when in costume. Check.

They don't have to put as work into a Green Arrow show because not everyone knows who he is. If they made a Batman show for TV, and it tanked than that would hurt the good will from the movies he's gained. Also a Batman TV show would need a huge budget to make it edgy enough, money they might not get back. Arrow is a burst into the public eye for Green Arrow and if it tanks, it isn't that big of a deal because they already didn't know who he was. If it does well, than DC has another popular character to profit from. So it's a lot less risk for them to make this show, in my opinion.

#50 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm looking forward to this a lot actually

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.