Follow

Green Arrow

Character » Green Arrow appears in 4301 issues.

Oliver Queen was a spoiled, thrill-seeking playboy, until he was left stranded on a deserted island for several years. There, he trained to become a master archer in order to survive. After his return home, he used his new-found skills and his wealth to became the costumed vigilante known as Green Arrow.

Expectations from the new Green Arrow team

greenarrowfan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As sad as I am to see Lemire's run coming to an end, the fact that the team which has reinvented Ollie for the small screen is taking over is far from a bad thing in itself. So I thought that instead of giving in to pessimism, here are some thing I hope to see from the new team-

-Roy becoming part of the GA universe again, even if its only the occasional appearance. So far, I don't think Roy has actually appeared in a single issue of the New 52 GA series (not counting the flashback in # 26 of course). I'd like to see them explore Roy's relationship with Ollie in the present day, as well as Roy's previous partnership with Ollie (which was sort of touched upon in the RHaTO annual). Considering that Roy is gonna be putting on a suit in Season 3, and considering the plan to have greater synergy between the comic and the show, it makes sense for Roy to appear in the book.

-In a similar vein, I'd like to see more of Diggle...not only his backstory of working with Ollie, but also in the present-day. I don't expect them to have a similar relationship to what they had on the show...but maybe Diggle could serve as a kind of undercover ally for Green Arrow. Or maybe we can see Diggle going off on his own missions, which eventually tie back to something Ollie is involved in too.

-More characters from the show appearing in the book. So I'd like to see Green Arrow facing off against Deathstroke. And also meeting Black Canary. And perhaps its time for Ollie to meet some version of Merlyn (Tommy Merlyn exists in the New 52 after all). I'm not saying it has to be exactly like the show (that wouldn't be a great idea), but given how much the show has popularized the GA mythos, would it hurt to have some familiar characters from the show appear in the book as well?

-A greater emphasis on Green Arrow as a street-level crime-fighter/vigilante in Seattle. This is one thing which has been sorely missing from Lemire's run (until now). Just as the show did, I want them to explore what Green Arrow means to the city, how he's perceived by the public, the underworld, and the authorities. I wouldn't even mind them introducing a Jim Gordon/Quentin Lance-esq character to serve as Arrow's friend on the force (there was a similar character back during Grell's run I recall...maybe we can have a New 52 version of him!)

-A greater emphasis on Oliver Queen's personal life as well. So far, Ollie and Green Arrow have been pretty much the same person. Considering that 90% of the characters know his secret identity, it doesn't really play much of a part here. I'd like to see Kriesberg focus on building Oliver Queen as a distinct persona from Green Arrow, and having him juggle the two lives. The show is apparently going to have Ollie try to reclaim his family company and legacy, and maybe it would be a good idea to show comic Ollie doing the same.

-Toning down the use of trick arrows a bit. I don't mind the regular ones, like the grappling hook arrow, or explosive arrows, or bolo arrows etc. But Ollie using a Tornado Arrow is taking things to Silver Age levels of excess! It was fun seeing this retro-vibe in Lemire's run, but I'd prefer if Ollie goes back to basics for the most part from here on.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Mrnoital

I've sort of been expecting to see tommy merlyn show up as merlyn after having "died" in the rig explosion, maybe being taken in and treated then trained by the league of assassins, just some version of him.

And I'm not sure how i feel about them bringing felicity in since that role is already sort of filled by Naomi, unless Felicity was with them, earlier with diggle and roy

It would be neat to have him face off against deathstroke, but in a fair fight deathstroke destroys, and they dont have a rivalry at this point, bringing back constantine drakon would be cool though

and apparently Dinah has had some other relationship things, like being married to some cop(i think) and a thing with hawk in birds of prey, so while i'd like to see it too, i think dc wants to wait a while before they even meet

my biggest worry about the next green arrow run is the art, Sorrentino is one of my favorite artists(if not my favorite) and i just dont think they'll be able to match it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.