Essential Green Arrow

#1 Posted by .Longshot. (5264 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been getting into the downplayed characters and must say, I've found some great stuff. I've started reading Daredevil and Moon Knight and all the good stuff, but I've always had a spot for Green Arrow. I used to watch the old JLU animated series and that's when I started to take interest in our dear Emerald Archer. Then I read Identity Crisis, and his bit with Deathstroke was just fantastic. Watch the Birdy! Unfortunately, I don't have a single Green Arrow comic in my possession. Any suggestions?

#2 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio

Oddly enough, your predicament is exactly the same as mine, good sir! How impeccably coincidental! Quickly, my friend, to the bicentennial parade!  

#3 Posted by johnny_spam (2032 posts) - - Show Bio
@.Longshot.: @CaptainCockblock:  
I really liked the Kevin Smith run and I think that was great for new readers it showed allot of history of the character but I still think someone new can come in.
#4 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio
@johnny spam: Kevin Smith and Quentin Tarantino are the two coolest nerds in Hollywood. Did Kevin Smith write Quiver? 'Cause I've heard that one's good.
#5 Posted by johnny_spam (2032 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainCockblock: @CaptainCockblock said:
" @johnny spam: Kevin Smith and Quentin Tarantino are the two coolest nerds in Hollywood. Did Kevin Smith write Quiver? 'Cause I've heard that one's good. "
He wrote Quiver and Sounds of Violence. Both great.
#6 Posted by .Longshot. (5264 posts) - - Show Bio
@johnny spam: Thanks. I'll have to check that out.
#7 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow volume 3 was my jumping point after staying away from comics for awhile.  Identity Crisis is where most new Ollie fans read first, so you're on a good track =].  Stay away from Green Arrow and Black Canary, trust me, you'll thank me for it later.
#8 Posted by comicfetish (405 posts) - - Show Bio
@.Longshot.: Green Arrow Year One, Longbow Hunters, Quiver, the Sounds of Violence and Archer's Quest are the only ones you really need
#9 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio
@comicfetish said:
"@.Longshot.: Green Arrow Year One, Longbow Hunters, Quiver, the Sounds of Violence and Archer's Quest are the only ones you really need "

good choice :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.