Early reviews/comments for Arrow are all pretty good.

#1 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadline reported Arrow received very well with international buyers

Among the new shows gettings thumbs-up is Warner Bros’ superhero CW drama Arrow. “It was surprisingly good,” said Ruediger Boess, head of acquisitions for Germany’s ProSiebenSat1. “It’s darker and older than the standard CW shows, and its very well cast.”

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/ghost-of-2004-hovers-over-l-a-screenings-as-intl-buyers-lament-lack-of-breakouts/

Eric from IGN said

Batman Begins + Dexter + Revenge = Arrow (and I enjoyed it)

Laura Prudom from huffington post said

#Arrow was even more badass than I expected it to be, perfect match for #Supernatural. Wednesday is going to be my favorite night this fall.

Alix Sternberg from the TV chick reported

First thoughts on Arrow: Definitely lives up to its strong script. Amell and Cassidy are magical. Can't wait for more! cwpilots
#2 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

They all liked Awake too.

#3 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio
Not sure about Awake. But this year's pilots that tested well were all produced by wb.

@TheAnnihilator:

#4 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

I am happy it has gotten good reviews from critics. I can't wait for it to officially come out

#5 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Awake was a show that was loved by critics, but got cancelled after one season. Quality doesn't equal longevity.

#6 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio
You're right. Viewership ratings are key in the deciding factor. There is already a build in audience for this show and it is getting the biggest buzz together with Carrie Diaries amongst all the titles in CW. Plus CW have pretty bad ratings so, Arrow just needs to do that little bit better to be the top rated show in CW
Besides, there are other issues that CW considers before renewal. Basically CW is the place they use to generate value for their parent company's show. Meaning international and dvd sales are as much important as viewership ratings, thats one reason why Nikita got renewed instead of TSC. International Sales. So far deadline has reported very positive comments from international buyers. SoI guess Im trying to say Im pretty sure Arrow will go on for a while.

@TheAnnihilator:

#7 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

You're right. Viewership ratings are key in the deciding factor. There is already a build in audience for this show and it is getting the biggest buzz together with Carrie Diaries amongst all the titles in CW. Plus CW have pretty bad ratings so, Arrow just needs to do that little bit better to be the top rated show in CW
Besides, there are other issues that CW considers before renewal. Basically CW is the place they use to generate value for their parent company's show. Meaning international and dvd sales are as much important as viewership ratings, thats one reason why Nikita got renewed instead of TSC. International Sales. So far deadline has reported very positive comments from international buyers. SoI guess Im trying to say Im pretty sure Arrow will go on for a while.

@TheAnnihilator:

You can't really guess any of this until the show premieres. It's buzz really isn't that big. A lot of people haven't even heard of this shows creation outside of comic book circles. I'm not saying I want it to fail because I think I'll watch it, but most shows don't get too much life.

#8 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio
The rule doesnt apply for CW though. And it actually got alot of mainstream buzz right now. Its the show with the most buzz from CW. So Im not sure where you get the info that the show is only getting buzz within the comic book circle.

@TheAnnihilator:

#9 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: I meant more word of mouth or social buzz. CW is still a TV station and shows get cancelled often. I think this can at least get a second season.

#10 Posted by Mercy_ (92684 posts) - - Show Bio

Pleasantly surprised.

#11 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator: I guess if Gossip GIrl, 90210 can get 4-5 seasons, I dun see why Arrow can't.

Besides, Smallville ran for ten years, Supernatural for 8 years. I'm sure Arrow will have a long and lasting life in CW. IMO

#12 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Those first two are really popular, but yeah I think Arrow will at least get 2 seasons. Supernatural was a great freaking show until the 6th season.

#13 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator: Agree with Supernatural. But now with a change of Show runner hopefully it'll get better.

Last time Nikita pulled in 1.2 million to 1.3 million viewers. With only 0.4 million of 18-49. Yet it still got renewed for a third season. I think CW set the bar pretty low. Although with the new president this year its going to change.

#14 Posted by xfactor26 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

I am excited for this show but I am worried on how he will keep his identity a secret since he is not wearing a mask? Also, I really like black canary and what I have read, it sounds like Dinah Lance will not don the fish nets and kick butt. Which makes me less excited for the show.

#15 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@xfactor26: Oh. okay. uhm, I don't think a mask will help keep his identity a secret. It surely didn't help Hal kept his identity a secret. Its really easy to see through a domino mask to recognise the person behind it. So I don't think it matters at all as long as he got the hood. I would prefer if he puts on a ninja-ish mouth guard to conceal his identity.

#16 Posted by xfactor26 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

A ninja-ish mask would be interesting, not sure how that will look but he needs something otherwise most everyone will recognize him. And I do agree that a mask doesn't really cover someones identity but he just returned after a five year disappearance and he is a billionaire. So there is no way that someone would not recognize him really fast.

#17 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@xfactor26 said:

A ninja-ish mask would be interesting, not sure how that will look but he needs something otherwise most everyone will recognize him. And I do agree that a mask doesn't really cover someones identity but he just returned after a five year disappearance and he is a billionaire. So there is no way that someone would not recognize him really fast.

Yeah, unless the hood doesn't fall off when he is fighting. Cos the domino mask really don't do shit in protecting his identity. Plus GA is a ranged hero, so I'm thinking, he probably don't get his hood off that often. Besides, throughout the trailer, he has been having his hood on.

So I think he might not need a mask after all.

#18 Posted by Aeroman (498 posts) - - Show Bio

when does the show come out?

#19 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aeroman said:

when does the show come out?

Should be on the 3rd of october.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.