Does this quote accurately represent GA's view on killing?

#1 Posted by Bluefox170 (382 posts) - - Show Bio

During Injustice Gods Among Us issue #5 Green Arrow says

"I understand there are times when there's no choice, when it's kill or be killed, but I don't believe in executions."

Is this accurate to his overall character? Does he refrain from killing until he's faced with no other option?

#2 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is Green Arrow?

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12402 posts) - - Show Bio

ask Prometheus

#4 Posted by Veshark (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bluefox170 said:

During Injustice Gods Among Us issue #5 Green Arrow says

"I understand there are times when there's no choice, when it's kill or be killed, but I don't believe in executions."

Is this accurate to his overall character? Does he refrain from killing until he's faced with no other option?

I'm no Arrow expert...but considering his recent characterizations, it sounds about there...

#5 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Arrow is one of those characters whose views heavily change depending on who is writing him. In general, yes, I'd say that is a fair characterization. But, he has kind of shown at times, namely against Prometheus, that he will kill in the name of the greater good. If he is pushed, he will kill someone who is too great a threat, even if it is not in self defense.

I think to put it in perspective, if it was Arrow who roamed Gotham instead of Batman, he would have put Joker down a long time ago.

#6 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14586 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

ask Prometheus

Exactly, I still want him to come back in the New 52.

#7 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

ask Prometheus

Kind of a special case though.

Basically, Ollie doesn't believe in killing unless you slaughter everyone in his home city including his adoptive granddaughter. Then, you die.

#8 Posted by Onemoreposter (3867 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

ask Prometheus

Basically, Ollie doesn't believe in killing unless you slaughter everyone in his home city including his adoptive granddaughter. Then, you die.

.....stupid cry for justice......

#9 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14586 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter: I want a Prometheus mini....

#10 Posted by Onemoreposter (3867 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective: Honestly I only want him back if they do him right. He has to be a league buster. I don't want to see him if he's just some two bit GA or Batman villain.

#11 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12402 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

ask Prometheus

good point

#12 Posted by TDK_1997 (14418 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he doesn't believe in killing but Prometheus looks like an exception.

#13 Posted by tupiaz (2166 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

ask Prometheus

If you are a serial killer in Seattle you probably die as well.

#14 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by Allie_Ho (151 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest, Cry for Justice was something that had him go out of character but on the other hand I think that most of the characters went out for moments and not to mention the reason for the New 52 which had more cons than pros.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.