Deadshot Appears on 'Arrow' Plus Update on Season One

Posted by G-Man (37031 posts) - - Show Bio

Two episodes of Arrow have aired so far and we're already seeing guest stars pop up. This goes along with what the show's creators have said, they're not going to hold back. We've already seen a tease and glimpse of Deathstroke, who will be appearing in an upcoming episode but Ollie will be facing another threat this week.

In this week's episode, "Lone Gunman," Ollie wants to take out the world's greatest assassin, Deadshot. And by "take out," I don't mean for a pizza or to the movies. The CW has released a preview to the episode today.

As for how the show is doing, it seems people do like it. Stephen Amell mentioned this morning that the show has been picked up for a full season. Who knows what other guest stars we may see this year.

Huffington Post also pointed out that the October 10 premiere brought The CW their best ratings in three years with 4 million viewers.

Arrow airs Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW.

#1 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

cant wait

#2 Posted by bladewolf (790 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow has been amazing so far! Sadly, I don't get the CW (frickin' Cablevision...) but I'll watch it once they put it online a week later.

#3 Posted by k4tzm4n (49892 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#4 Posted by Jake Fury (18979 posts) - - Show Bio

The monocle looks rather absurd without the mask underneath.

#5 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@MadeinBangladesh said:

cant wait

#6 Posted by ClintsEvilTwin (76 posts) - - Show Bio

This show is way better than I thought it would be

Not as cheesy as most CW shows

#7 Posted by longbowhunter (7352 posts) - - Show Bio

Mmmm...they just can't seem to nail Deadshot in live action shows. Would have been nice if they'd went with his Arkham City look.

#8 Posted by sho3s22 (121 posts) - - Show Bio

@ClintsEvilTwin said:

This show is way better than I thought it would be

Not as cheesy as most CW shows

this

#9 Posted by DazzHardy (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow just started showing here in the UK today, and having just watched the first episode, I'm really looking forward to seeing more.

#10 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2301 posts) - - Show Bio

@bladewolf said:

Arrow has been amazing so far! Sadly, I don't get the CW (frickin' Cablevision...) but I'll watch it once they put it online a week later.

I feel your pain lol I don't get that channel either so i have to find it online XD

#11 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (531 posts) - - Show Bio

This show is so obviously a CW show (in that you have a bunch of young, hot people doing unrealistic things), but its better than most of the networks shows. It still has its cheesy moments, his whole "YOU HAVE FAILED YOU CITY!" is not super intimidating and he sounds like a kid off of 90210 trying to be menacing, but whatever its not that bad.

I actually do watch a lot of CW. Just cause I watch all kinds of shows...i'm not all that picky, and this is one of their better shows.

Surprised me just how good it is. Also...Katie Cassidy is hot, so...whatever shows she is on, I will follow.

#12 Posted by jpblair88 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow has actually been surprisingly good. im annoyed that they screwed up Dinah horribly but other than that i really like it. if they had done something like this for the GA comic in the New 52 it would be readable.

#13 Posted by BoyWander (319 posts) - - Show Bio

The show has been pretty good. I can only say that the acting and choreography need to be taken up a few notches. It's good and entertaining, but it could be better. Ollies fight scenes just don't do it for me.

#14 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@bladewolf said:

Same here XD

#15 Posted by Danial79 (2352 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow is currently scoring 72% on Metacritic, and I'd tend to agree. It's good... but not great. I'm wondering if they'll bring any meta-human elements into it at all, or keep it as grounded as they can. I mean, will Dinah ever get her powers?

#16 Posted by War Killer (20359 posts) - - Show Bio

Love This Show! ^_^

#17 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Thought there was a typo and said 'deadpool appears on 'arrow'... Must be seeing things... Or am I. Really looking forward to this episode, this series has gotten better each episode

#18 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadshot isn't the world's greatest assassin. Deathstroke is.

#19 Posted by monitor_earthprime (82 posts) - - Show Bio

I am glad to here that Arrow did get picked up for a full season. I am happy that they are including DC villains instead of Smallville k-rated freak of the week villains. I cannot wait to see what the Huntress looks like!

#20 Posted by Fetts (4495 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheMess1428: Pretty sure he's the world's best mercenary. I believe there's a difference. 

I think this show is looking pretty spiffy. Definitely getting to like it. However, it'll be pretty interesting to see how Green Arrow fares against somebody who can actually aim -_-. Just sayin.
#21 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2284 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen the 2nd episode yet, but I liked the first. I cannot wait to see both. Looks good.

#22 Posted by nerfherderIV (15 posts) - - Show Bio

This show is fantastic! I have been a huge fan of green arrow for a while and when this show started I was really worried. When the first episode came on I was blown away! So much action and very a good story, that is close to the comic, poor acting but I have seen worse from the CW. I hope to see more villains like count vertigo, brick, and maybe merlyn could start some stuff. Who knows what could happen. What if CW allows Hal Jordan to appear. There could be a green arrow green lantern team up! All I know is that someone big is going to appear this season. Much bigger than Deathstroke. I just have that feeling.

#23 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20387 posts) - - Show Bio

Even better when Deathstroke appears on Arrow!

#24 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't like how big and steampunkish Deadshot's monocle looks, but that's my only criticism. Otherwise, I'm happy this has been picked up for a full season!

#25 Edited by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

Sometimes I just want to put a bullet thru the head of every art director who thinks Deadshot looks better with his monocle/scope/eye-piece but not the full face mask. I admit, bright silver metallic doesn't exactly conceal your position as a sniper, but, what is a better idea for a sniper: giving him a cowboy hat, or no head covering at all, or a giving him a ski-mask/balaclava to conceal his identity and prevent the shine off his face from giving away his position?!

As far as I'm concerned, it's the only way to make the scope not look absolutely stupid. Batman Gotham Knights, Smallville, Arkham City, and now Arrow have somehow made Deadshot look MORE like a comic book character (in the negative connotation) than he looks in the comics.

#26 Posted by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm enjoying the shows thus far, even though I'm not a fan of Green Arrow. Definitely looking forward to see more shows this fall! Keep 'em coming! :)

#27 Posted by jstndmnd (1018 posts) - - Show Bio

can't wait. I'm glad they are bringing in more characters from the comics.

#28 Posted by Crackdown (605 posts) - - Show Bio

@bladewolf said:

You can watch it on the cw's website. I'm not POSITIVE, but I believe they upload the entire episode either a few hours later or the next day. I watched last week's episode on Thursday morning.

There are commercial breaks, but they are short, and the show is uploaded wonderfully. Check it out!

#29 Posted by Crackdown (605 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

I just don't like how big and steampunkish Deadshot's monocle looks, but that's my only criticism. Otherwise, I'm happy this has been picked up for a full season!

Haha, trust me, if it were steampunk, it would a hell of a lot better. With a smaller, more focused lens This seems to be kind of almost a large gun scope put on some straps. I almost wish they had given him a -punk monocle, then it would be both spiffy, and appear to actually do something

#30 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

His eye-pieces looks pretty bulky to me... Not sure if I love how his costume was done here but I'm excited to see Deadshot in action all the same.

#31 Posted by ccraft (5427 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheMess1428:

Should have said greatest marksmen.

#32 Posted by Oscars94 (2583 posts) - - Show Bio

Watched it on Movie2k.to it's awesome!

#33 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

just download the episodes, you cant get arrested. They dont lose money.

#34 Posted by kagato (247 posts) - - Show Bio

Really loving this show, they just showed the first one in the UK last night but i managed to also watch the second one....its soo good! Glad to see they are adding in so many DC villains in so far, should make for interesting viewing.

#35 Posted by NightFang (10150 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by ThomasElliot (364 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crackdown said:

@bladewolf said:

You can watch it on the cw's website. I'm not POSITIVE, but I believe they upload the entire episode either a few hours later or the next day. I watched last week's episode on Thursday morning.

There are commercial breaks, but they are short, and the show is uploaded wonderfully. Check it out!

Not to mention CW is an over-the-air broadcast network. I find it sad that people these days have forgotten that they don't have to pay someone for all the major networks. People, we get HI DEF programming OTA via rabbit ears and compatible televisions with built in tuners (which most people have these days). That's NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX and CW.

#37 Edited by ThomasElliot (364 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79 said:

Arrow is currently scoring 72% on Metacritic, and I'd tend to agree. It's good... but not great. I'm wondering if they'll bring any meta-human elements into it at all, or keep it as grounded as they can. I mean, will Dinah ever get her powers?

You know what stuck me about episode 2? That Queen Industries just unveiled their Applied Sciences R&D department. You know, the same dept that Lucius Fox runs for Bruce Wayne in the The Dark Knight trilogy? Hint hint. See what they did there? In other words, they can do 'metahuman' via technology. If written right, it won't seem cheesy. Dinah Lance having some sort of sonic emitter device? Its possible!

#38 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThomasElliot said:

@Danial79 said:

You know what stuck me about episode 2? That Queen Industries just unveiled their Applied Sciences R&D department. You know, the same dept that Lucius Fox runs for Bruce Wayne in the The Dark Knight trilogy? Hint hint. See what they did there? In other words, they can do 'metahuman' via technology. If written right, it won't seem cheesy. Dinah Lance having some sort of sonic emitter device? Its possible!

Yeah I would not mind that.

Although Black Canary did not have any Canary Cry during a period of time. Also in Grell's era.

#39 Posted by TDK_1997 (15009 posts) - - Show Bio

The show is good but I hope that Deadshot gets a cooler look than that.

#40 Posted by PurpleCandy (773 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheMess1428 said:

Deadshot isn't the world's greatest assassin. Deathstroke is.

Batman could be if he was bloodlusted

#41 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, man.. I was expecting him to wear a mask!

#42 Posted by Stranger8511 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jake Fury: hell yeah i don't like the way he looks

#43 Posted by JSH92 (417 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jake Fury said:

The monocle looks rather absurd without the mask underneath.

Yea...it looks completely retarded. Could they just not give him a mask or something???

#44 Posted by triangle (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Ollie is a captain in the Russian mob !? say what???

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.