Count Vertigo gets a redesign...

#1 Edited by SmashBrawler (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

...and I don't know what to say about it.

#2 Edited by The_Tree (7288 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw this on Thursday. I hate it.

I mean, I can take it if it's some other guy taking up the name (Count) Vertigo, but if this is meant as Werner Vertigo, then I despise it. He looks like some sort of combat ready, ninja-esque circus freak. Rather than remind me of Count Vertigo, he looks like a current day interpretation of Batman Beyond's Spellbinder.

When I picture Count Vertigo, I see sophistication and regality, a psychological and political threat. That's not what I'm seeing here. Young Justice had a great representation of him.

The device that's bolted to his head is the only thing I don't really mind.

#3 Posted by SmashBrawler (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree: Yeah, it is pretty bad. I just didn't really want to hate something that came from such a great series :P

That Count Vertigo design is great. I may not have liked Young Justice as much as everyone else did but that show did have some great designs.

#4 Edited by The_Tree (7288 posts) - - Show Bio

@smashbrawler said:

@the_tree: Yeah, it is pretty bad. I just didn't really want to hate something that came from such a great series :P

That Count Vertigo design is great. I may not have liked Young Justice as much as everyone else did but that show did have some great designs.

I know, dude. When I read the headline that Vertigo was getting a redesign from the GA team, I was so excited... And then I got to the next page.

As stated previously, it's not that I find the new design terrible, it's just that I don't think that it fits with the character of Werner Vertigo. That's why I'm hoping that it's a new Vertigo (which is very desperate wishful thinking). I have no doubt that it'll be written well, though, it just won't be the same character that I previously liked.

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24878 posts) - - Show Bio

That looks terrible

#6 Edited by SmashBrawler (5645 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24878 posts) - - Show Bio

@smashbrawler: Even if that wasn't Count Vertigo that design looks awful.

#8 Posted by SmashBrawler (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Eh, I've seen worse. At least this looks easy to draw and remember, which is more than I can say about plenty of DC's current designs.

#9 Posted by Loki9876 (3005 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm probably the only one but I think this character could be cool.

#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24878 posts) - - Show Bio

@smashbrawler: Professional artists should aim a bit higher than "Not the worst".

#11 Posted by amutant (267 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the redesign is cool except for the crotch scarf.

#12 Edited by Xwraith (17424 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not bad, but it just isn't Count Vertigo.

#13 Edited by TDK_1997 (14713 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not a bad design but it shouldn't be the real Count Vertigo.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.