Clip for 'ARROW' from the CW Shows the New Green Arrow

• 142 results
Posted by G-Man (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been pretty quiet on the Green Arrow TV front. The latest was that Arrow would be airing on Wednesdays followed by Supernatural (on its new night). All we have seen so far is one image of the costume. But now we can check out the following clip to get an idea what the tone for the show might be.

With this just being a single clip, it's hard to form a full opinion on it. There's definitely some potential. We'll have to wait for more to be revealed to see how the show might shape up.

What are your thoughts on this clip?

#1 Posted by NightFang (10271 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by JimmyOlsen1 (144 posts) - - Show Bio

It rocks! Go Stephen!

#3 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

meh, I'm just not a fan of green arrow. Much rather have a black canary show

#4 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so excited to see more from this show. It seems like Stephen worked really hard for this role

#5 Posted by Duncan (11445 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool. Hope he grows the beard.. Probably not.

#6 Posted by Backflip (2239 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't see the clip?

#7 Posted by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like what I'm seeing. Hopefully it turns out good.

#8 Posted by Vixious (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks absolutely amazing.

#9 Posted by JamDamage (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

works for me so far.

#10 Posted by Fenrir085 (21 posts) - - Show Bio

The clip wasn't that exciting, but I remain cautiously optimistic. However it will never be as good as Smallville, imo.

#11 Posted by Lamenoire (197 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

Is he gonna be a loveable jerk? I hope hes a jerk. anyways i'm in.

#13 Posted by zachkastner (188 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually onboard for this. Feels different from Smallville and that's great. Bring on Green Arrow!

#14 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally, comicvine is covering it.

#15 Posted by sentryman555 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not really a fan of the self narration thing he's doing. But I'm still gonna check it out.

#16 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

btw have I said I loved it yet?

#17 Posted by yo_yo_fun (639 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks pretty good. I will definietly give it a chance.

Though, I still wish they kept the actor who played Green Arrow on Smallville:/

#18 Posted by kagato (247 posts) - - Show Bio

Its kind of hard to tell from a 2 min clip, but it dosent look all that great, that said ill still be watching it anyway. I really want a good super hero live action show on tv but the new 52 comic is really boring so i hope its better.

#19 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

meh. hawkeye is cooler. seems to similar to batman begins.

#20 Posted by The Stegman (26051 posts) - - Show Bio

At least it didn't get canceled before the pilot like some shows *cough Wonder Woman cough*

#21 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome.

#22 Posted by feargalr (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

Daaammmnnnnn he's got some crazy abs

#23 Posted by Deranged Midget (17973 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bad.

#24 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mega_spidey01 said:

meh. hawkeye is cooler. seems to similar to batman begins.

You gotta be kidding. Hawkeye cooler? LOL. ok

#25 Posted by jemckinn214 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

This definitely looks like a show I would watch, can't wait to see more of this. I like the training exercise with the tennis balls, this was an entertaining clip.

#26 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

Im wondering though. How does anyone do a chin up like that. Its practically insane.

#27 Posted by Lamenoire (197 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

Im wondering though. How does anyone do a chin up like that. Its practically insane.

Thank god... I thought I was the only one thinking that

#28 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lamenoire: Its definitely a little crazy to do those chin ups

#29 Posted by guardiandevil801 (266 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome can't wait

#30 Posted by Inverno (13292 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fenrir085 said:

The clip wasn't that exciting, but I remain cautiously optimistic. However it will never be as good as Smallville, imo.

This.

#31 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4511 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats how real men do chin-ups

#32 Posted by Bestostero (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope Black Canary and Red Arrow show up...everyone really...lol

#33 Posted by sky-pirate (111 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fenrir085 said:

I second that. A thing I quite liked about Smallville was that it had an overall plot (i.e. young Clark Kent's journey to becoming Superman). It didn't always execute this very good, but it was still there, so you knew the show was going somewhere. Right now, Arrow feels rather generic. Is there a bigger story the producers/writers are going for, or will it just be "Oliver going by his daily life each week, when a bad guy shows up and he fights him"?

#34 Posted by deadpool25mm (616 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow looks Great!!

#35 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Green Arrow, but this looks blah.

#36 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

Until I see the ratings, I don't hold out grand hope for this. 

Although I might sneak in an episode or two just to keep me occupied on Wednesday. 

And Supernatural on Wednesdays? Wasn't it good enough on  a Friday that they had to move the day it's aired?! If it gets to Monday, then I know it'll be canceled.

#37 Posted by The Average Bear (2077 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that we all feel fat and disgusting like waluses after watching that...

#38 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio

Consider my interest peeked.

#39 Posted by Lvenger (21239 posts) - - Show Bio

It's just showing a black screen for me. Don't know why that is.

#40 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

It's just showing a black screen for me. Don't know why that is.

Try this

#41 Edited by johnny_spam (2020 posts) - - Show Bio

The change of names bothers me but I am now interested in after seeing that clip, reminds me of Mike Grell's work on the character for some reason.

#42 Posted by Dedpool (376 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks decent. It's not a true spinoff though, as this has no ties to "Smallville" other than porbably some producers. Still this looks kinda in line with what I always wanted a batman tv show to be. I had the idea of "The Bruce Wayne Chronicles" where we would basically follow Brue around as he trained under different peopl mastering the skills he'd later use as Batman. We'd of course check in on some important Gothamites like Lt. Gordon, Alfred, Luscious Fox, and Dr. Leslie Thompkins. Every two episodes would comprise an arc of sorts where in the first he elarns the skill and in the second he'd have to use it. Ah well i'll take Arrow since I will never get that. This doesn't look bad at all really, but that was a small scene. I do like the set up and the montage was decent.

#43 Posted by Lvenger (21239 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: It worked! Thanks for the link! Looks like the show is inspired a great deal by Nolan's Bat films. I'm getting a big vibe from that. But it looks better than the Wonder Woman pilot so I guess that's a good thing!

#44 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (1886 posts) - - Show Bio

You the weird thing about this... Justin Hartley, Smallville's Green Arrow is on "The Carie Diaries" which comes right after... Arrow! or something like that.

#45 Posted by CircularLogic (282 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this might be pretty cool, it looks a bit more intense than the teen drama that held Smallville back. Seriously, the show felt like 2 cities worth of people all knowing that Clark has super powers, but they decided to spend their time asking each other about it for ten seasons. The best moments were always the relationship between Lex, Lionel and Clark, and the few times where they were actually fighting villains, and hopefully this show will deliver on that

#46 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio
justin hartley is on the medical show. not carrie diaries. neither is the medical show paired with arrow. Arrow is being paired with supernatural.

@Doctor!!!!!:

#47 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope we get to see the arrows flying into their targets instead of just cutting back and forth to Ollie firing and then the target hit if you know what i mean. This seems pretty cool and those exercises he did were insane!

#48 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (1886 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Okay, didn't really checked, thanks!

#49 Posted by Green_Lima_81 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool. Can't wait to see Merlyn, and Black Canary.

#50 Posted by QuantomMan (215 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so freaking excited for this

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.