Check Out the Trailer for The CW's 'Arrow' Show Based on Green Arrow

• 82 results
Posted by G-Man (29481 posts) - - Show Bio

Yesterday we got to see a clip from the CW's show, Arrow, featuring Oliver Queen getting ready to become Green Arrow. Today we get to see a little more from the upcoming show. The guys at iFanboy posted this 'trailer' for the show.

It's an interesting take. Many have already questioned why the show is called 'Arrow' and not 'Green Arrow.' We just have to settle for the fact that at least we're getting a comic book TV show. It's looking pretty good so far. We'll have to see how it all fits together and how true to the comics it stays.

== TEASER ==

Arrow will be airing Wednesday nights on the CW. Are you planning on checking it out?

Staff
#1 Posted by Arevish (302 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet that after the avengers lot of people would think he is hawkeye

#2 Posted by NightFang (9649 posts) - - Show Bio

@Arevish said:

I bet that after the avengers lot of people would think he is Hawkeye

And those people are stupid for not knowing how to use Google.

#3 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3327 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll see how it turns out. I don't have really high hopes, but they're still there.

#4 Posted by SuperDoahBoy (127 posts) - - Show Bio

At first I was resistant to the idea of this show, but after watching that trailer I'll give it a shot. The CW sure does like filming in Canada, cause that what the wilderness on that deserted island looked like.

#5 Posted by JDevil (56 posts) - - Show Bio

I gonna give this a go, but to be honest I'm not hopeful.

I'm glad they changed the logo though.

#6 Posted by MrMazz (980 posts) - - Show Bio

He needs a better beard

#7 Posted by pikahyper (10418 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm I'll watch it, didn't like Smallville but this could be good, hopefully it goes better then the Cape.

#8 Edited by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks okay. Still doubtful about how long it lasts though. It's real hard to enjoy a show these days without worrying about cancellations. Hope it does well.

#9 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll definitely give it a try, but I doubt i will like it... honestly I don't like any of the live action shows except for maybe Birds of Prey! Buffy, Angel, Xena, etc don't count since they were shows before comics...but yeah...lol

#10 Posted by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang said:

@Arevish said:

C'mon man, you can't fault people for thinking like that. Hawkeye, for many people, is the superhero who uses a bow and arrow. You shouldn't call them stupid over something so minuscule.

#11 Posted by ReVamp (22860 posts) - - Show Bio

Yezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#12 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

It'll be canceled after the first season. And that's me being hopeful.

#13 Posted by Dunners (36 posts) - - Show Bio

I couldn't get a proper look at him but is that the dude from Spartacus: Vengeance?

#14 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19831 posts) - - Show Bio

KATIE CASSIDY ♥

#15 Edited by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Edit: Trailer #2

@WildStyle said:

@NightFang said:

@Arevish said:

C'mon man, you can't fault people for thinking like that. Hawkeye, for many people, is the superhero who uses a bow and arrow. You shouldn't call them stupid over something so minuscule.

You mean like how Electra, Black Widow and Catwoman wears exactly the same outfit?

Besides, Long time fans of CW network would know who Green Arrow is.

He appeared on Smallville for 5 years. Smallville is also running now on TNT. The whole ten season. Green Arrow is also a huge part of the show, so I doubt people would think he is hawkeye.

Green Arrow has been on air for 5 years while Hawkeye only 3 hours.

#16 Posted by longbowhunter (5872 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bad really. The costume is very Mike Grell inspired. I'm not expecting much from this show so even if it's watchable I'll be happy.

#17 Posted by ryu_talkative_batman (147 posts) - - Show Bio

The guy who plays Green Arrow does a much better job than Justin from Smallville. Glad they replaced him.

#18 Posted by entropicage (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm definitely going to have to check it out. Hopefully it'll be better than a lot of the 'comic book shows' have been in the past...

#19 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol he says "nobody can know my secret" at the end of the trailer. Give it 2 seasons and he will tell his girlfriend. I'm sure of this.

#20 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks better than I thought it would be

#21 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

Did she call it 'Starlight City'? Cuz that ain't right.

#22 Posted by Webjaker (366 posts) - - Show Bio

So, Green Arrow vs. Red Skull - interesting..LOL

Trailer looks better than the clip posted earlier... but all-in-all doesn't look very good. Kinda wish they had stuck with Justin Hartley and just fast forwarded to after he lost all his money

#23 Edited by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Feels like a cross between "Batman Begins" and ABC's TV show "Revenge" meets "Robin Hood".

#24 Posted by Loki9876 (2982 posts) - - Show Bio

that looked suprisingly cool

#25 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Trailer 2

Looks like this is the updated trailer from CW.

I guess we'll be expecting a longer trailer with more edits.

#26 Posted by Outside_85 (7173 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm Batman with a bow...oh well crosses fingers for one of the other rumor-shows coming to life.

#27 Edited by k4tzm4n (35235 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm definitely going to check it out and it looks pretty promising, but a small part of me fears that it'll turn out to be "The Cape' all over again.

Staff
#28 Posted by 1fearless1 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is based on a comic book character then WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GIVE HIM A MASK?

Without the mask he's just robin hood.

#29 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

Continues to look surprisingly good.

Though... and this may be nitpicking from a huge Green Arrow fan, where is Ollie's snark? I know it realistically would be difficult for someone who has gone through what he has to keep his sense of humor, but part of what differentiates Ollie is his snarkiness and 'take-no-guff' attitude. Definitely feels like they're going more for the post-Longbow Hunters / pre-Quiver Ollie.

#30 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@1fearless1 said:

If this is based on a comic book character then WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GIVE HIM A MASK?

Without the mask he's just robin hood.

who gives a shit if he is or isnt wearing a mask. Makes no difference.

#31 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@1fearless1: Oh and besides, the teeny little mask that GA traditionally wears, doesn't protect his identity in anyway whatsoever.

Besides, you wouldn't wanna cover those beautiful cheek bones do you.

#32 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27703 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
Did she call it 'Starlight City'? Cuz that ain't right.
Starling 
#33 Posted by MercWithaMouth2385 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks amazing! I'm a huge fan of Smallville but this is gonna blow that show away in my opinion.

#34 Posted by The_Tree (6438 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't really had any expectations, but the trailer actually has me decently excited.

#35 Posted by joshmightbe (24106 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. It looks better than I thought it would but I'm still not sold

#36 Posted by JSAVen (90 posts) - - Show Bio

looks decent. i hope see Black Canary or another DC heroe in this Show.

#37 Posted by Herx (367 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give it a try. The designe of it all looks decent enough, though depending on how long it goes on for it could end up re-using the same sets over and overain as smallville did. but other than that let's give it a watch :)

#38 Posted by DanteTheRedKnight (112 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope the show is closer to the comics

#39 Posted by blueninjapanther (664 posts) - - Show Bio

finally someone can use the same person who plays green arrow to make it into a movie and form a justice league movie.

#40 Posted by chrisburgess99 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good! Glad that CW is going with a new cast and not a continuation of Smallville Oliver. Tha fan base can only hope for another long run>

#41 Posted by Azrael66 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually looks pretty good!

#42 Posted by shrmntnk62 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

I am really excited for this. 

#43 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8759 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so excited for this show!!!!

#44 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio

How do I put this? Hmm... yes.

#45 Posted by stu (375 posts) - - Show Bio

iam sold! i like it!

#46 Posted by SpidermanWins (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

I'M CALLING IT: Next Great Superhero tv show

#47 Posted by StarKiller809 (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't really keeping track of what was going on with this, but it looks good and I'll watch the first one. If it's good, I'll be back for more.

#48 Posted by Renee (10289 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like crap and similar to the horrible end seasons of SV but I'll give it a shot.

#49 Posted by Supa_JoE (4 posts) - - Show Bio

When does it premiere ?

#50 Posted by thegeekgirl (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks better than I would expect, but still not too sure...let's see how it'll turn out! (I just have a feeling they'll completely butcher his character)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.