Check Out The Huntress In Upcoming Episode of 'Arrow' TV Show

• 54 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

This Wednesday we will be seeing actress Jessica De Gouw make her first appearance as Helena Bertinelli on the hit CW television series, Arrow. However, if you're hoping to see the actress don full Huntress regalia, you might have to wait until next week's episode titled "Vendetta," which premieres Wednesday night, November 28th. If you were one of the fans hoping that this version of the Huntress wouldn't have to show off a belly window, well, you're in luck.

De Gouw will grace the small screen in a small mask (smaller than Huntress' mask in the comics), and a long trench coat and boots. So how much of this version of the Huntress will be the same as what we've seen in the comics? Well, her penchant for the color purple, for example as well as her weapon of choice; the crossbow; are two characteristics that will remain consistent. We've got plenty more pictures below, but what do you think? Does De Gouw look like the Huntress? Do you like this more conservative looking costume for the character as opposed to the big mask, combat boots and belly window?

Based on the images, it is clear that these two characters are going to be fighting crime side-by-side, and that begs the question what other DC characters do you think would fit into Arrow's world? Do you think other Bat-Family characters like Red Robin or Nightwing should appear on the show? What about super-powered characters like The Flash? Could they fit into Arrow's world?

== TEASER ==

Source: Superhero Hype

#1 Posted by Master_Thief (774 posts) - - Show Bio

YES

#2 Posted by xAnimosity (183 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does she have a mask and Ollie just has dumb face paint!

#3 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

why is GA jusy standing there like that. that looks so differnet from the comic design.

#4 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

AWESOME!!!

#5 Edited by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

This show just keeps getting better. Coming from someone who's never liked the character, that's saying something :)

As for other cameos, I doubt we'll ever see powered characters appear, but luckily DC has a hearty roster of unpowered ones, so hopefully we'll get to see some of them.

#6 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

so lame

#7 Posted by Robrat93 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

YES! Love it, it fits in and Bertinelli is just perfect for Arrow she should be series regular in season 2 and i do want to see black canary :) (just a lil sidebar

#8 Posted by KEROGA (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

eehh

#9 Posted by BigPromise (35 posts) - - Show Bio

damn i thought it was gonna be helena wayne ugh baretenelli is gone out of the new 52 for a reason should of made her wayne. booooo

#10 Posted by blueninjapanther (677 posts) - - Show Bio

if Ollie dosen't want to be seen you should have a mask not just some lousy green face paint. It so cheap. Since his family is rich buy a mask.

#11 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as those boots don't have stiletto heels...

#12 Posted by SupBatz (1778 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely a step in the right direction. I always liked Huntress (Bertinelli moreso than Wayne) so this is exciting. Maybe she could even eventually lead up to Laurel becoming Black Canary.

#13 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

These stills look kind of dorky. Hopefully it feels more legit when everything is moving.

#14 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7984 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. I can't get into the show. And I love some Green Arrow.

#15 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14948 posts) - - Show Bio

You smell that? I think it's a Batman appearance in the way.

#16 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7384 posts) - - Show Bio

AWESOME but they could have found a thicker girl for huntress :D

#17 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me or is that the puniest crossbow you've ever seen?

#18 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

not a fan of her look...and I like Olie's mask

#19 Posted by whiteknight67 (42 posts) - - Show Bio

bout time she looks hot GA isn't Smallville but it is taking some time to get going

#20 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Simple enough take on the character, but why give her an honest mask if you're going to shy away from that with GA himself?

#21 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

That's the best Huntress costume in the last ten years.

#22 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8899 posts) - - Show Bio

awful, just awful.

#23 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

She kinda has the look Bertinelli had from the Nightwing/Huntress crossover in my opinion. Just strange that she has an actual mask and yet Ollie doesn't :/

#24 Posted by BoyWander (319 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe she'll teach Ollie the ellusive concept of wearing a mask. She's too black in my opinion. Needs more purple.

#25 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sold

#26 Posted by Mercy_ (92857 posts) - - Show Bio

LJASL;DKFJ;ASLKDFJ;LASKDFJ;SA;KLDFJ;SDLKFJSA;LKDFJAS EXCUSE ME WHILE I LOSE THE ABILITY TO TYPE COHESIVELY AND FANGIRL OUT

#27 Posted by modunhanul (408 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to watch this episode!

#28 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

So im guessing there has to be mention of Batman or Catwoman soon.

If nto im okay with it, I like the idea of a new, fresh, huntress.

But does anyone cringe at the idea that all of green arrows villains are batman based?

Hnestly I like Arrow, but it feels TOO BATMAN to me.

I hate how DC thrives on the success of batman, it buggs me. just my opinion.

#29 Edited by BatWatch (2812 posts) - - Show Bio

Here are a couple more pics for anybody interested. Huntress

For more Bat Family news, check BatWatch.

#30 Posted by Seafarinhare (58 posts) - - Show Bio

@zackattack529 said:

But does anyone cringe at the idea that all of green arrows villains are batman based?

Yeah, I feel like they should have just played it straight and made a Batman show.

#31 Posted by Cole_Mercer (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@Seafarinhare: I would not be surprised if this was originally suppose to be a batman show

#32 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

looks great... i like the show inspite of never really liking GA

#33 Posted by geoff2005 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

hahah maybe Dick Grayson will appear.

I know its not the same Green Arrow but do you think the Blur will make an appearance?

#34 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking pretty nice!

This show just keep on getting better.

Actually I could see a Green Lantern appearance - as Hal Jordan did in Mike Grell's run on the series , which the show draws a lot from - aka not-in-costume.

#35 Posted by VioletPhoenix (305 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay! I really do wonder if they'll head into the super-powered world direction. The scene with Laurel's fighting skills at the club showed there's more to her than just law skills, possibly a canary cry too? Here's hoping!

#36 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn it, they've blatantly said Bertinelli, not Wayne. And they also said no super powers.

#37 Posted by Jmacq1 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: Yeah, they might change their minds eventually but for now? No powers.

Let's not forget that for a good 10+ years Black Canary didn't have her Canary Cry except in the form of sonic grenades (something that would be very in-keeping with the show).

Huntress looks like she fits the aesthetic of the show just fine.

I doubt we'll ever see Batman (or Nightwing for that matter) on this show. Smallville could have gotten away with it because Superman is an "equal" character to Batman, and because in a super-powered world there are ways to have other characters "equal" Batman without overshadowing him or being overshadowed. Batman in Arrow would just mean Ollie would be completely overshadowed, as Bruce would be better at every single thing Ollie does except shooting arrows. Not to mention that he'd kick Ollie's arse and turn him in to the cops for his lethal methods. Plus, as persnickety as WB is about sharing Batman amongst their various properties, I'd imagine some executive would veto it so that "it doesn't cause confusion" with the inevitable Bat-reboot, whether as part of a JLA film or in a standalone.

More likely guest star? The Question/Vic Sage.

Yes, so far this show is the love child of Smallville and The Dark Knight trilogy. It's definitely still finding its' footing, but has potential to be awesome.

#38 Posted by TDK_1997 (14985 posts) - - Show Bio

THe actress looks cool but her costume is awful.

#39 Posted by sentryman555 (787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Seafarinhare said:

@zackattack529 said:

Yeah, I feel like they should have just played it straight and made a Batman show.

That's been the constant problem I've had with the show. Instead of it feeling like a Green Arrow show I keep feeling like I'm getting a watered down batman.

#40 Posted by JJGoode (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I’ve been happy with every other DC character on Arrow, so I’m sure that Huntress making an appearance for a few episodes will fit nicely into the storyline. A few friends that work at DISH with me are comic book fans too, so we all look forward to the small screen interpretations of characters. Every episode has been awesome, and I know that I’ll get nostalgic between the new ones, so I’m saving this entire season to my DISH Hopper. A DVR with a 2TB hard drive is exactly what I need for this fall TV lineup. Cheers to Starling City being shaken up by Huntress.

#41 Posted by GeekyEverAfter (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh..... its okay but the crossbow is too small looks like a plastic toy.

#42 Posted by Helena_Bertinelli (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm honestly just happy she's getting actual screen time.

I'm a big fan of the show, [And obviously her.] and I look at how we all should; 'in cannon and non form'. So it keeps me grounded so to speak on all the ideas it runs with. Granted every single time a true comic moment happens I fan girl like no other, and just want to roll on the floor flailing with little comic hearts floating around my head. I just take it all with enjoyment and hope that it lasts more than just one season.

#43 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool

#44 Posted by HexThis (902 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm truly thrilled. Huntress, Bertinelli's Huntress, is amazing. For me, this show and my ability to continue watching it hinges heavily on her being well written/acted. I think she may be able to save the show seeing as how everyone else appears to have been messed with when it comes to their origins. They're sticking pretty close to her character apparently and the producers all seemed very excited about her inclusion.

Make her a regular or something! Give her her own show, dammit! Okay, well, I should see this episode first before making such demands...

#45 Posted by jorgeareizaga (307 posts) - - Show Bio

she looks cool!

#46 Posted by blastaar (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you guys remember that show 'Birds of Prey'? Don't you think if it had come out today it would've been an instant hit? Especially coming off the heels of Nolan's Batman trilogy.

#47 Edited by Oasis95 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I am ok with the set up ^_^ she looks pretty good to me, because this more of her character starting., she has the hint of purple and she just start learning to use the small bow gun. so if the show picks up more season . i think down the line they show a full upgrade version ,being that she still starting new in that arrow tv show world.

as someone said batman..damn....that would be nice..but it will never happen.. because movies people will be freaking out that the tv batman will mess up there view of batman for the movies.. over all its just the whole license thing..

any how here my wish fan thinking..hm..maybe at least Bruce wayne popping out..would be neat..or heck..have someone else from the bat family make a guest star...talking about the dark knight or wayne ... =D here big fan idea which will never happen... Kevin!! the voice of batman..using his voice in the background .. i dunno arrow hear batman talking but you just never see him. haha

#48 Posted by velvetmeds (83 posts) - - Show Bio

No belly window? Awww, that sucks.

#49 Posted by The Mast (790 posts) - - Show Bio

@blueninjapanther said:

if Ollie dosen't want to be seen you should have a mask not just some lousy green face paint. It so cheap. Since his family is rich buy a mask.

Then how will the girls see his gorgeous face? HOW?!

#50 Posted by Spellca (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Just switched on CW, nice to see (sarcasm) that we have to wait another week for Huntress.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.