Check Out Count Vertigo's Upcoming 'Arrow' Appearance

Posted by No_Name_ (17409 posts) - - Show Bio

If you have been keeping up with the Arrow television series then you have probably been enjoying the appearances of popular DC characters like Helena Bertinelli, Firefly and now, Count Vertigo. The Count will be coming to the small screen in next week's episode and it seems he will be taking charge of Green Arrow's life in a pretty significant way.

Unlike his appearance in comics, the Count will take the role of drug dealer in Starling City. The character will be played by actor Seth Gabel ('Fringe') and based on the preview of the show, it looks like he'll be taking some serious control of Oliver Queen. According to the episode synopsis, Thea (Arrow's sister) will be getting mixed up with a drug called Vertigo that will be sure to lead to some trouble.

== TEASER ==
Thea is in trouble with the police after she gets caught using a drug called “Vertigo.” Oliver thinks the only way to keep her out of jail is to find the dealer, a man who goes by the name of “The Count” . Oliver turns to McKenna Hall (guest star Janina Gavankar), an old flame and current Vice cop, for help. Meanwhile, Laurel steps in to defend Thea, and Felicity gives Oliver some disturbing news about Moira.

What do you think of the preview to the show? Is this something you are looking forward to? Have you been watching the show? If so, what has been your favorite appearance made by another DC character?

Source: Superherohype

#1 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7648 posts) - - Show Bio

who is Count Vertigo?

#2 Posted by The Stegman (25506 posts) - - Show Bio

@MadeinBangladesh: He's a Green Arrow villain that gives you Vertigo.

Interesting take on his character though, making him a crazy drug dealer instead of a kinda pompous count.

#3 Posted by MaxSchreck (112 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to admit I kinda like the Count ... love his accent in young justice .

#4 Posted by Dernman (15440 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting idea.

#5 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9248 posts) - - Show Bio

Very excited to see what he brings to the show. I am actually excited for next week's episode.

#6 Posted by JamesKM716 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

... He seems like a knock off of Vaas from Far Cry 3 in the trailer. Which isn't necesarilly a bad thing

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34318 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716 said:

... He seems like a knock off of Vaas from Far Cry 3 in the trailer. Which isn't necesarilly a bad thing

Mixed with a knock off version of Ma-Ma and Slo Mo from Dredd

#8 Posted by JamesKM716 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: Didn't see Dredd, so i wouldn't know...

#9 Posted by The_Tree (7866 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like this interpretation. I mean, I don't mind the whole drug aspect, since they're trying to go for this realistic tone, but he just looks like crazy, drug dealer street trash. It would've been more interesting to see him as a sort of criminal ambassador that's visiting Star(ling) City.

#10 Posted by kid Apollo (717 posts) - - Show Bio

this is the only Count i want to see on tv

#11 Posted by CitizenJP (609 posts) - - Show Bio

Drugs are bad, m'k?

#12 Posted by StMichalofWilson (4008 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#13 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks like he's channeling Heath Ledger Joker for his performance.

#14 Posted by Trevel8182 (754 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this guy even a Green Arrow villain.

#15 Posted by jointron33 (1901 posts) - - Show Bio

@Trevel8182: .....................duh

#16 Posted by Mutant God (3081 posts) - - Show Bio

OH NO Vertigo...

#17 Posted by wolfy1984 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@MadeinBangladesh:

Do you read Green Arrow or have you seen Batman:TAS?

#18 Posted by Loki9876 (3053 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't expect him to be like in the comics and don't want to either, so I'm cool with it, I like crazies

I still want Onomatopei on the show.

#19 Posted by Trevel8182 (754 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: Well all of the villains so far haven't been Green Arrow villains.

#20 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1168 posts) - - Show Bio

@Trevel8182: I actually think he is

#21 Posted by Loki9876 (3053 posts) - - Show Bio

but don't kill him

#22 Posted by Danial79 (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought Seth Gabel looked a lot like Cillian Murphy, and funnily enough, in this promo, it seems he's doing a nice Scarecrow impression... mixed with a little Joker for good measure :P

#23 Posted by AmazingWebHead (3836 posts) - - Show Bio

Bugs Bunny: One bullet left? Hey, laughin' boy, there was-

Daffy Duck: I know, I KNOW!

#24 Posted by KEROGA (1051 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by KNIGHT SAVIOR (824 posts) - - Show Bio

An old flame named Mckenna Hall .............Hmmmmm I wonder any relation to Carter Hall

#26 Edited by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

I cant miss this! I swear I wont miss this!

Plus-im waiting for RiverSongs appearance too:-D

#27 Posted by entropy_aegis (15472 posts) - - Show Bio

@Trevel8182 said:

Yes.@TheMess1428 said:

It looks like he's channeling Heath Ledger Joker for his performance.

He mentioned Ra's al Ghul.

#28 Posted by Mia26 (145 posts) - - Show Bio

@Trevel8182: Yes he is a Green Arrow villan ....

#29 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty cool! Look forward to this portrayal!

#30 Posted by feebadger (1445 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutant God: The Screamers on Comic Vine? You are AWESOME :)

#31 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

seems interesting. can't wait till next week.

#32 Posted by Fetts (4518 posts) - - Show Bio

I always get excited when Deathstroke makes an appearance. And seeing Deadshot was cool, despite the fact they didn't give the character the respect he deserves. 

In my opinion, there are some good episodes and some bad episodes. But as I understand it, different people work on each episode so I guess that'd make sense. I think that "Burned" was the worst episode and then either "Honor Thy Father", "An Innocent Man", or "Damaged" was the best episode.

#33 Posted by joshlol44 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

He is one of green arrows big villains, even though its a character based on count vertigo himself I must admit this episode has to be the best episode yet...

#34 Posted by powerhouse1122 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Geez when are they going to show slade in starling city? Can't wait for that. And no offense, I love this show but I am not satisfied w the action scenes :/ need moree

#35 Edited by Rogan2112 (600 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Count Vertigo, at least used to be, one of GA's two major villians back in the day (especially late 70s, early 80s...the other being Merlin). I always thought he was a little goofy and gimmicky but I always dug his costume :). I've liked most of the series so far (even with the obligatory CW stuff thrown in) so yeah, looking forward to this episode. ;)

Also agree with the show needs more action scenes. I assume they don't have as many because they're expensive to shoot, still...the show would be cooler with them...in my opinion anyway. Also...is it just me or does the actress who plays Thea look a lot like Sarah Michelle Gelar?

#36 Posted by jayskee (1908 posts) - - Show Bio

@Trevel8182 said:

yes he is

#37 Posted by Paul3001 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

The idea behind the count that they came up with looks cool, still, I'd like to see a Count Vertigo who is maybe this foreign dictator who maybe has some shady business in Starling City or like they did in the GA short animated film when he tried to assassinate Perdita.

#38 Posted by stumpy49er (611 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad theyre going to use actual Green Arrow villains and not just keep treading out Batman villains. Hopefully we'll get a Duke of Oil appearance. p.s. Count Vertigo should be Green Arrows arch enemy in the show.

#39 Posted by jointron33 (1901 posts) - - Show Bio

@stumpy49er: There have only been two Batman villains on the show. The other comic based villains are Green Arrow villains(Constantine Drakon, Eddie Fryers, China White, Merlyn).

#40 Posted by CrimsonSquire (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good!

I've missed this show!

#41 Posted by stumpy49er (611 posts) - - Show Bio

2 Batman villains (Deadshot and Firefly) plus Huntress. If Arrow isn't going to use Batman, it needs to stop using Batman characters.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.