'Arrow' TV Show Rant!

• 57 results
#51 Posted by Neuron (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally got caught up with the last two episodes. I have to say, I am really enjoying it. It's really doing a great job of capturing the feel of the Nolanverse to me. I think the actress who plays Helena may have been a mis-cast based on her acting ability, but she certainly had the right look and I think everyone else on the show is great. I'm even enjoying the awkward love triangle, which mirrors Bruce Wayne/Rachel Dawes/Harvey Dent, and I'm sure it will play into the season finale somehow. The pacing and structure makes sense and I'm really liking how they're slowly and subtly injecting all of the comics characters.

#52 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

The show has been alright. It's entertaining but not phenomenal. The actors are all very prett but I don't find any of their characters particularly likable.

I think my 2 biggest issues are the killing and Oliver's "personality." Making Oliver a killer makes him very hard to root for imo. They could've just left those people alive, and then it totally decredits his moral high ground as a "hero." I don't like it.

And he's way too broody. Green Arrow isn't really a broody dark and angsty hero. I find him most likable when he's kind of humorous, and kind of an anchor between the olympian levels of the JLA and mortals. In Arrow, he's not really funny or charming, he's just kind of stiff, damaged, and brooding.

I like the easter eggs in the show, but I still don't understand why they feel the need to "fix" things like calling Dinah Laurel, giving Oliver a sister, renaming it Starling City. I mean they're not deal breaker complaints but still, why? But I am really liking the plot with the boat and the conspiracy but the characters are less than compelling.

#53 Posted by kennybaese (1097 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm liking this show so far. There's definitely some goofy stuff that they take way too seriously (just like Smallville did), and goddamn is Ollie's sister just the worst, but overall, I'm enjoying the show and I'm glad to see someone like Green Arrow get this kind of attention.

#54 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2233 posts) - - Show Bio

I completely agreed with you guys. Me and my brother were talking about this. These last two episodes have been very soap opera-ish. Its like they are trying to force the love CW stuff into the show. The dialogue can get really bad, and maybe these past two episodes were by one guy and he/she doesn't grasp the comic stuff enough. Or maybe this is the direction the show is going. I am also getting sick of everyone saying Ollie doesn't care about anyone and what a jerk he is. I think they need to have Ollie reconnect with his family, teach Thea archery and talk to her about the island (stuff that he can reveal). The chemistry between the characters is a big problem, and it probably is the actress playing Huntress. Great review. I hope it gets better.

#55 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6042 posts) - - Show Bio

Loving the show and the actress who plays huntress is terribleee

#56 Posted by blackkitty (317 posts) - - Show Bio

I see this Green Arrow more akin to the Green Arrow from Long Bow Hunters saga. If you haven't read that limited series pick it up. I must say, yeah, if you still associate Green Arrow with those corny gimmick arrows, you really haven't been paying close attention to him lately. He goes periods where he went away from all special arrows entirely, then returns to some, then leaves, then comes back.

#57 Posted by trickarrow (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the show is great! Except the dialog between Laurel and Tommy makes my skin crawl. Plus the guy who plays Laurel's father overacts all his lines. Other than that it's great!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.