Follow

Green Arrow

Character » Green Arrow appears in 4302 issues.

Oliver Queen was a spoiled, thrill-seeking playboy, until he was left stranded on a deserted island for several years. There, he trained to become a master archer in order to survive. After his return home, he used his new-found skills and his wealth to became the costumed vigilante known as Green Arrow.

'Arrow' TV Show Rant!

• 57 results
    lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lifeboy

Dern gummit! I was anxious to see last weeks episode because of new developments with huntress but I missed it. Darn CW, darn them to heck for not having reruns of the show!

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Missed last week and need to catch up! I did see Helena's first appearance though and agree that the portrayal just isn't as good as we thought it would be. I'll withhold judgement on last week's episode until I can see it but can only hope that if the quality declined from last week that it is picked up for this time, because I'm really enjoying this show and don't wanna see it go.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By NightFang3
    ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By ccraft
    CitizenJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CitizenJP

( o '-')o) >>----->

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze

@NightFang said:

Guess what people? Roy Harper is coming to Arrow.

That's interesting, It was starting to look like they were positioning Oliver's sister as the "Roy Harper" of the series, her being all drug addicty and her nickname being Speedy and all that. Guess not.

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BlackReaper

@Mr. Kamikaze said:

@NightFang said:

That's interesting, It was starting to look like they were positioning Oliver's sister as the "Roy Harper" of the series, her being all drug addicty and her nickname being Speedy and all that. Guess not.

The nickname means they won't be calling him Speedy. I knew she wouldn't be Arsenal because they talked about Roy Harper earlier on.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze

@BlackReaper said:

@Mr. Kamikaze said:

@NightFang said:

The nickname means they won't be calling him Speedy. I knew she wouldn't be Arsenal because they talked about Roy Harper earlier on.

True enough, I suppose. I didn't expect her to actually be Arsenal though, just take his place as that trouble young sidekick type that Ollie feels compelled to save and what not. But I guess that can still happen, just not with Roy but whatshername instead....I forget the girl's name...Ollie's sister.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

@NightFang: Colton Haynes is one of my favorite actors. I really hope this is true!!!

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EnSabahNurX

XD Loving the increase in videos from you two.

eduardoy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By eduardoy7

I used to feel the same way bc I have class at the time but they post the episodes online really early the next morning and they've started to have reruns on Friday at 9pm. At least here, in San Diego they do.

Iron_Turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Iron_Turtle

I had been enjoying the series, but the Huntress episodes were awful. Hypocrisy, contradiction and inconsistent characterisation everywhere.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By HexThis

The Huntress/Jessica De'Gouw is catching waaay to much flak from you guys for things that had already been wrong with the show for weeks. I get the sense you guys hadn't seen the episodes before this arc because, in all honesty, they were seriously quite bad and Amell totally has had an awkward disposition from the beginning. These 2 episodes weren't amazing but they were better than they have been.

Let's be honest, you guys weren't watching until these two episodes because you used to review the episodes but it only lasted like...2 reviews.

SpadesSlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SpadesSlick

It is nice that now they have introduced a bit of uncertainty into what seemed to be a couple of foregone conclusions. Now either Tommy or his dad will be Merlyn while it's possible that Thea will be Speedy and Roy Arsenal, or they can have Thea die and have Roy take the name up in her honor.

Avatar image for thenexusrebound
    thenexusrebound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By thenexusrebound

The hypocrisy of Ollie saying she can't kill but it is okay to kill sometimes was weird. My problem many comes with how whiny the female characters are and how bipolar they can be. One second happy the next they are going off, part of that is being on the CW.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By danhimself

the whole Laural/Dinah thing is one of my biggest pet peeves from the show...I just don't understand why they don't just call her Dinah...I know that her full name is Dinah Laural Lance but again why are they calling her Laural on the show instead of Dinah? it's those kinds of things that the WB does with their DC shows that upsets me...change for the sake of change...it makes no difference to the show to call her Dinah but they don't...so stupid

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lifeboy

@eduardoy7: thanks eduardoy7:-) this show may suffer because it is the same time slot as the walking dead. I can see why people think TWD is good, but its not good enough for me to miss arrow.

My only gripe about the showis that they made Iarual so damn beautiful. It takes away from watching the other actors because you need to be watching her. That is unrealisticly beautiful for a life situation.

webling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By webling

It's been good so far, better than I expected. I actually do like the name change to Laurel it makes more sense for someone her age. I know I can't think of anyone my age (high-school) named Dinah. Besides, they could have a joke about how Laurel is her middle name at some point and lay all the complaints to rest by addressing it.

I've always been a fan of the Green Arrow character, probably because of JLU and Smallville, and I'm glad he's getting mainstream attention. That attention is probably why Lemire is defribillating the ongoing in February, can't wait to have a quality Green Arrow book to look forward to each month again.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lifeboy

@CitizenJP said:

( o '-')o) >>----->

Nice artwork. Check out my tarzan:

<|》[\ (-:3 *****

See its his upperbody with a starry knight

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#20  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I really don't see anything wrong with the show, since episode one my father and I have been watching the show together and have been enjoying all of the different characters, twists, and character development with each new episode. One thing I was surprised about was how the action has kept up in the series since the beginning, one of my fears was that we'd get some cool action scenes in episode one to draw fans in but after than it would be drama, drama, drama. Which yeah there's been drama, but I feel they've been balancing it well with the action scenes. 

I also like how, yes, it's a superhero TV show, but it makes you care for the characters and I can't help but feel bad for Ollie as he basically has to play two-face with everyone close to him; being the big sweet older brother/son/friend one minute, making his friends and family actually believe he has changed and then the next turning into this spoiled jerk who hasn't changed at all. Plus the drama with his sister, his best friend, ex-girlfriend, his issue with his mother, I feel like they've got enough going on in the series to keep things interesting for a while.

My only big complaint about the series thus far is how they quickly killed Deadshot off...hopefully they'll bring him back eventually, or at least have someone new take up the name.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By iceman228433

I still enjoy the show and catch it every week but you are right some of the acting is really kind of bad.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By doordoor123

I tried watching an episode today -- it was the Royal Flush Gang episode. This show is just terrible. The actors are terrible, the writing is terrible and the format is terrible. Just a terrible terrible show. Do people really like this? I really can't understand why anyone would like this.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NightFang3

@War Killer said:

My only big complaint about the series thus far is how they quickly killed Deadshot off...hopefully they'll bring him back eventually, or at least have someone new take up the name.

I think it was said in a interview that Deadshot would be a recurring villain and its possible he live sense Oliver hit him in the eyepiece.

ME24601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24  Edited By ME24601

The main problem, I think, was that the actress playing Helena wasn't very good at her job. The dialogue has always been pretty off, but it works for most of the actors. In her case, it just came off as very wooden and bland.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Haven't been watching. Partly becasue it's a CW show, and I've never really cared much for Green Arrow to begin with. So not a lot to get my attention.

BCreatures16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BCreatures16

I know this show is on the CW and all, but I think it would be a lot better if they stopped trying to make it the superhero equivalent of "One Tree Hill." Lets focus on the action, shall we? Some of the romantic scenes are nauseating and I typically enjoy romance in my comics/shows when there is good chemistry and well-done dialogue. Plus the actress for the Huntress was very flat and didn't have the kind of attitude for that character (at least how I've always imagined her based on the Birds of Prey, etc.). I do enjoy the Easter eggs for comics fans like all of the guest appearances and stuff though. I'll probably try to keep watching just to see the guest cameos.

mfundo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mfundo

All the show needs to become better is if the acting displayed more emotion and was less stiff. Also bring in some heroes and villains with super powers, especially Laurel. She can't be a Black Canary without a Canary Cry. Okay she could but then she would be just be black. Get it?!

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By DonFelipe

@Iron_Turtle said:

I had been enjoying the series, but the Huntress episodes were awful. Hypocrisy, contradiction and inconsistent characterisation everywhere.

This. Last episode was really bad from start to finish... it was all good (and acceptable) until Helena showed up and ruined everything. Hmm, it was actually Oliver falling for her and ignoring Diggle's concerns (again). Hopefully, Helena's never coming back but somehow I believe that won't be the case. And whatever is going on between Laurel and Tommy, seriously? Can someone please replace whoever plays Tommy and Oliver's mom while at it.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By sethysquare

@mfundo said:

All the show needs to become better is if the acting displayed more emotion and was less stiff. Also bring in some heroes and villains with super powers, especially Laurel. She can't be a Black Canary without a Canary Cry. Okay she could but then she would be just be black. Get it?!

she didnt had canary cry in grell's version.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By DanialCarroll

I've been liking the show overall, though not "loving" it. The actress they cast as Huntress really is just terrible though. I haven't seen the latest episode yet, but her dialogue in the cemetery about her fiancé being killed just wasn't convincing at all. I actually felt like I was watching an actor acting, rather than a character, which totally took me out of the show.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#31  Edited By gmanfromheck

@HexThis said:

The Huntress/Jessica De'Gouw is catching waaay to much flak from you guys for things that had already been wrong with the show for weeks. I get the sense you guys hadn't seen the episodes before this arc because, in all honesty, they were seriously quite bad and Amell totally has had an awkward disposition from the beginning. These 2 episodes weren't amazing but they were better than they have been.

Let's be honest, you guys weren't watching until these two episodes because you used to review the episodes but it only lasted like...2 reviews.

It's comments like this that make me laugh. Of course because we weren't reviewing other episodes it means we're not watching. That's like saying because I've only done a few of The Walking Dead write ups and Erik's done the rest, I'm not watching that show. I didn't feel the write ups were worth it after reviewing comics all day and then taking notes and writing up the episode when the posts were only getting a few thousand views. The episodes before these weren't great but these two took a turn, in our opinion. But of course if you want to make statements and assumptions about others, that's your choice. Guess you missed the couple times on the podcast the show's come up as well.

KINCART

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 35

#32  Edited By KINCART

I gotta say I like the show so far. My only big complaint was Deadshot's head gear. The show does have cheesy moments and the acting isn't great but compare this show to Smallville season one and you'll see the same problems. I also enjoyed the last two episodes not because of the Huntress but because of all the story building with the other characters. One more thing live action Deathstroke.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Eyz

I specially disliked the boring/slow/uninteresting first part of the Huntress double episode.

@Iron_Turtle said:

yeah, that!

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MAZAHS117

It's a good show, far from great. I give the "great" title to shows like Walking Dead, Breaking Bad or Sons of Anarchy. I do watch every week. I'm eagerly waiting for Deathstrokes return to the show

mfundo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mfundo

@sethysquare: I wish I knew who Grell was but whatever. I just want her to have her Canary Cry, not one that involves some form of technology that fires sonic waves, the power she was born with.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I love Sara's glasses!

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ThomasElliot

the show isn't great, its cheesy, but its watchable. I think people stick with it because the entire season so far feels like a 'set up'... at some point a shoe will drop and the show will hit its stride. At least, we hope so.

I don't mind leaving out super powered heroes because Green Arrow himself is not a super.

The Iron Man films have NO super-powers, all technology. Nolan's Batman had no superpowered heroes, only technology. Even Burton's Batman and sequel had NO superpowered heroes, all 'human'.

If the main hero isn't a superpowered being, there's nothing wrong with adapting their 'community' to contrast abilities. If the Royal Flush Gang had a giant android in the TV show, I would have stopped watching and never watched it again.

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#38  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

I really like the show, it's not the same Green Arrow I grew up with in the comics, or TV. I loved JLU's Green Arrow and Smallvillle's Green Arrow but it's a decent Green Arrow that gets better and better.

SoulTakerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SoulTakerX

The only thing I like about this show are the flashback scenes.

MrGutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MrGutts

@mfundo said:

All the show needs to become better is to leave the CW, get new actors and add new writers. I am shocked that DC Entertainment is even letting this go on.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
    knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like to watch this show but the only thing that I didn't like about the last two episodes was the acting from Huntress, it was pretty off if you ask me.

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#42  Edited By queenfrost_

Meh. Smallville kinda rinsed me dry of this kinda genre on TV

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

#43  Edited By wmwadeii

@MrGutts said:

@mfundo said:

All the show needs to become better is to leave the CW, get new actors and add new writers. I am shocked that DC Entertainment is even letting this go on.

I agree it seems they are trying to go more CW drama like Vampire Diaries than Superhero. Unlike the original run of Smallville that was done more by WB than CW.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#44  Edited By x_29

@FoxxFireArt said:

Haven't been watching. Partly becasue it's a CW show, and I've never really cared much for Green Arrow to begin with. So not a lot to get my attention.

You are not missing anything. The show is really nothing to right home or remember about. The only positive thing i can say is that the fight choreography is actually solid.

ogg927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ogg927

I love the idea of the show, and glad to see a comic book character on TV. There is so much potential with this show, it could be the next Smallville and have a ten year run, but they are ruining it. :(

I need MORE comic book and LESS soap opera. They introduce characters and then they just sit there! The supporting characters are supposed to grow/change/evolve; the plot isn't moving forward.

Tommy Merlyn is cut off from his trust fund, OK that's a start. They need to show him suffering and how he becomes Merlyn which I think is Green Arrow's biggest foe in the comics? They need to show us that!

Laurel/Dina, Thea/Speedy, John Diggle, the Mom, ALL of those characters just sit there and "bitch" about what Oliver is NOT doing. . . who cares? Show Laurel/Dina becoming the Black Canary (which I look forward to), show Thea Queen becoming Speedy (I also look forward to), show John Diggle become Bronze Tiger (I'm guessing or some bad ass guy that Green Arrow can rely on). Otherwise, those characters are

The mom and the step-dad have somewhat of a plot, but those are minor characters and they don't seem to interact with Oliver/Green Arrow, the step-dad doesn't or at least not yet. The mom has a shady past but we the audience after seven episodes still doesn't know what exactly.

I love DeadShot, Slade Wilson/Terminator (I really loved that), China White, Royal Flush Gang, and the Huntress, but they all seem like the guest star/villain-of-the-week with hardly any development and then poof they are gone forever? We'll at least the Huntress got two episodes but her character on the show was NOT the incredible girl-power Huntress that we know in the comics.

This show needs to consult with Bruce Timm ASAP! I'm still watching the show and have hope.

KennyQuick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By KennyQuick

Im enjoying the show, but its definitely marketed towards girls. The Deathstroke episode was the best so far.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By RoboShark

The only thing good about it is it might bring some folks in.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48  Edited By HexThis

@G-Man said:

@HexThis said:

It's comments like this that make me laugh. Of course because we weren't reviewing other episodes it means we're not watching. That's like saying because I've only done a few of The Walking Dead write ups and Erik's done the rest, I'm not watching that show. I didn't feel the write ups were worth it after reviewing comics all day and then taking notes and writing up the episode when the posts were only getting a few thousand views. The episodes before these weren't great but these two took a turn, in our opinion. But of course if you want to make statements and assumptions about others, that's your choice. Guess you missed the couple times on the podcast the show's come up as well.

Well, it's hardly a loaded accusation. Clearly there's not too much reward to sticking with the show at this point. And I wasn't saying that you hadn't watched simply because you hadn't reviewed the episodes, I'm saying if you think Helena was the dark cloud then you couldn't have been watching or at least watching too closely. It's just my opinion, obviously I don't think writing reviews is the only indication.

For instance, has Stephen Amell ever looked fully "there"? This is nothing new. I almost like the kid but he needs something else, some inspiration.

I just don't know why these episodes or the Huntress in particular was being pegged. Frankly, even though the last two episodes were merely average, I felt they were a slight step up. If I am to be brutally honest though, the show is plagued with clunky dialogue, clumsy metaphors, poorly conceived plots, and some actors who really need some kind of buffer. I wrote a whole blog on it weeks ago.

Avatar image for midnightdetectives
    Midnightdetectives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The main complaint is the acting of Huntress. I agree, and in addition to this, I would like to see a playful version of Helena like JLU interaction between her and The Question or the teasing nature of her on Batman the Brave and the Bold. She should still come across as a strong, independent woman, but make it so her and Oliver enjoy their roles a little more.

Xangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#50  Edited By Xangel

really, you still associated GA immediately with the boxing glove arrow after all these years?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.