Archenemy

#1 Edited by X (261 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is Green Arrow's arch enemy I'm not to familiar with him outside off Smallville and JLU?

#2 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn't really have a Archenemy that I can really call off the top of the head.  His enemies, though, are Merlyn, Cupid, Deathstroke, Dr. Light, Brick, and Onomatopia.

#3 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19148 posts) - - Show Bio

Merlyn is the closet thing he has to real archenemy, although Deathstroke has a vendetta against him

#4 Edited by X (261 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok if you were to name one of those as his Joker or his Lex who would it be?

#5 Edited by X (261 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir: What about Count Vertigo 
#6 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19148 posts) - - Show Bio
@ X: He's moved on to working with the Suicide Squad
#7 Edited by X (261 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir:    Oh I see, so i guess Merlyn is it then 
#8 Posted by batman_is_god (1192 posts) - - Show Bio
@ X:  I would say Count Vertigo
#9 Posted by X (261 posts) - - Show Bio
@batman_is_god: Im so confused 
#10 Posted by batman_is_god (1192 posts) - - Show Bio
@ X:
Count Vertigo is inarguably a GA villain, just like Joker and Lex Luthor are inarguably BATMAN and Superman villains respectively. Now most heroes have that "HOLY SHIT NOT HIM!!!!" villain that is even worse than the "archenemy", for example Ra's for BATMAN and Darkseid for Superman. I would say Count Vertigo is Green Arrow's archenemy, while Deathstrokeis the closest thing Ollie has to  the "HOLY SHIT!!!!" villain. Most heroes also have the "negative me" hero, Bizarro and Professor Zoom come to mind. Merlyn is that villain.
#11 Posted by X (261 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by .Longshot. (5303 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's hard to say. Merlyn is definitely the antithesis of GA, as Bizarro is to Superman, or the Red Skull is to Cap. I would say that that warrants the title of arch enemy in most cases, not all. Plus, his appearance in the DC Showcase short where he was voiced by Malcolm McDowell was EPIC! 

#13 Posted by PowerHerc (86141 posts) - - Show Bio

Ollie is really in need of a true archenemy.   

It'd be nice if the writers could come up with a way to elevate one of his current enemies or even conceive an entirely new bad mofo to assume the role.   
Until he has an archenemy, he'll definitely remain a second or third tier character.  That doesn't matter to me, though.  He'll always be one of my favorites.

#14 Posted by IrishX (2826 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:
"Ollie is really in need of a true archenemy.    It'd be nice if the writers could come up with a way to elevate one of his current enemies or even conceive an entirely new bad mofo to assume the role.   Until he has an archenemy, he'll definitely remain a second or third tier character.  That doesn't matter to me, though.  He'll always be one of my favorites. "

Well the next issue in his current series kicks off the "Rise of the Black Arrow" arc so maybe that character can become his archenemy.
#15 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3834 posts) - - Show Bio

He's got four truly respectable recurring rogues: Merlyn, Drakon, Brick and Onomatopoeia. Also, he's got that feud with Deathstroke, so...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.