jake_fury's Green Arrow #26 - The Outsiders War, Book 1: Return to the Island review

• jake_fury wrote this review on .
  • jake_fury has written a total of 85 reviews. The last one was for Volume 1
  • This review received 5 comments

Return to the Island

I am not sure if there has ever been a better turnaround for a series than what Jeff Lemire has done with this book. Before taking over this title I thought for sure it was headed to the DC scrap heap. This issue has Shado and Oliver returning to the island to find a sacred object of the Arrow clan.

The Good:

Can I just say everything? I tend to nitpick and find a slight flaw in most books I read but this series just doesn't have any noticeable weaknesses. The art is amazing, Oliver's characterization is nearly perfect, the supporting cast is brilliant and there are several plot threads being woven that we haven't even seen the ramifications of. There are villains and allies lining up to destroy or assist Ollie and the best part is we don't know their true intentions. This series has a ton of stuff going on and I mean that in the best way possible.

The Bad:

Nada.

The Score:

5/5

Posted by cbishop

I haven't read any of this series yet. Is it a companion to the show? Meaning: does the comic continuity have to mesh with the show, or is it just "based on" the show, with its own continuity?

Posted by Samimista

Brilliant like always!

Edited by Jake Fury

@cbishop said:

They share some similarities and differences. Comic is really good and I enjoy the show too.

Posted by cbishop
Posted by ArtemistheHuntress

Awesome! I haven't read it yet...