matkrenz's Green Arrow #2 - Going Viral review

Are we still going with the Apple analogue with Steve Jobs dying?

Review for Green Arrow #2.

The Story: The douche villains kill some poor kid, post it on the internet so Ollie goes and stops them.

The Good: As I said in the previous issue I really like the idea of these glory hound villains using the internet to become infamous but it has drawbacks. Still liking Jurgen's art, it works well in action sequences.

The Bad: The main problem with the series is that we have no idea who Ollie, we have no idea how we acquired Q-Core who runs it and such. As much as I like the villains we get no backstory for Rush, we have no idea why he does these things. It seems that Krul just tought of a villain but not his motivation. Or at the very least he could have an interesting psychologie to him but sadly Rush seems like one and done villain. Also the whole killing the kid and posting it online is reminiscent of Kick-Ass and it was done better there because it was a "Mature" comic so Millar can shows does things as they are.

The Verdict: This series continues to be very average with a barely developped hero, villain and company but thankfully Giffen will be writing from issue 4 and onwards and I have faith in him since I enjoyed his Doom Patrol series. Don't buy this.

Posted by Silkcuts

This story line sounds so dumb, I really don't like how DC is dating their comics with modern tech, because tech changes and culture is evolving so quickly.  Warren Ellis is the only one to do it good, since he has the foresight.  J.T. Krul is ruining GA.

Posted by MatKrenz

@Silkcuts: Yeah he seems to think it will be more interesting for Ollie to be up and up with technologie and not with politics. Hopefully with Ann Nocenti will be getting those, her Kid Eternity series proved that.

Posted by Silkcuts
@MatKrenz said:

I am surprised you read K.E. it didn't sell very well.