Gravel

#1 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone read his comics? I recently read all the Strange Kisses and Strange Killings comics (wanted to check out the original stuff before the Gravel series got too far underway) and I like it. I don't like it a lot, but I think it's ok. Ellis usually seems to me to be trying to freak out or gross out his readers, or otherwise push things over the edge, and Gravel gives him an excuse. I think if there was less gore/sex I might like it more, but I'm not complaining. Opinions?

#2 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

I just read what the bio you wrote for him, seems pretty cool

also, is that stuff from photobucket supposed to be here on there? I think it'd be a better Idea if you just added the full page scans into your gallery and used them from there, that's what I did when I needed to show something

oh well, that might not be embedding or whatever it is we're not supposed to do

Regardless, I think I might buy some of these

You seem to be a big Wildstorm fan, so I think I'll start reading these :)

#3 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

We're not supposed to host full page scans on comicvine, so I put them elsewhere. I'm trying to figure out a better way to cite things, and that's all I've got for now.

Gravel is Avatar, not WS.

#4 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh

#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio

What is Gravel about?

#6 Posted by Saul (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Gravel is Avatar, not WS."

he does not seem very much like the Avatar I know (horror and sex) but I guess that's exactly what you said he was...

#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I've only gotten into reading Avatar books recently and most of the ones I do are done by Warren Ellis (Gravel, Strange Kiss/Killings, Black Summer, Doktor Sleepless) so I really don't know how it normally is, but the Gravel stuff seems a bit much."

I guess if Warren Ellis is writing it.It has to be good.What he did with the Thundebolts was really good.

#8 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

I've only gotten into reading Avatar books recently and most of the ones I do are done by Warren Ellis (Gravel, Strange Kiss/Killings, Black Summer, Doktor Sleepless) so I really don't know how it normally is, but the Gravel stuff seems a bit much.

#9 Posted by Le Francais (260 posts) - - Show Bio

Great work on this Profile.

Almost everything done by Ellis at Avatar is pretty good Stuff, they give him the freedom to do what he wants.

good for us.

#10 Posted by Kairan1979 (16926 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read everything I could find about William Gravel and I hope we'll see him again.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.