My experiences about Grant Morrisons writing.

Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3663 posts) - - Show Bio

Today, I`m gonna tell ya guys and gals, about Mr. Grant Morrisons writing. And my memories about it. And the evolution, of me liking Morrisons writing.

My Morrison-history starts from his first storyarc in Batman comics. "Batman and son." I noticed a Batman book at a supermarket. That book. At that time, I was 13 years old. I flipped trough it a little bit. It has Joker, Talia al Ghul, Men-bats and an intriguing concept. I bought it. When I read it later on, I found it to be a nice story, but I still rate it 3,5/5. At this time, I thought, that Morrison would merely be a pretty good writer.

Or maybe my first experience of his writing was the JLA-arc "Rock of ages." I found this one from a store that sells old books and magasines, and new books. It is a gigantic, over 100 paged mag that collected the whole story, and cost just a little. The story has alot of good stuff. And also stuff that is a little confusing. Still, I realized what the story is about. It also has alot of great characters, and superb writing. I didn`t bother to look who the writer is.

Then I found out about All-star superman. And what other stories he had written about Batman and co. And that he had wrote stories about Animal man, Doom patrol etc. I still didn`t think that he would be a superb writer, but I was interested.

I saw alot of issues (but not the stories, unfortunately) that Mr. M. had written. I started to think that he is an important comics-person. Some time later I read that

Batman had "died". I thought: boring.

I was gonna buy All Star Superman, but didn`t, `cause I had read from somewhere that it isn`t that good.

I read a few secrets that had been revealed, about his Batman run. I regret that now. They aren`t suprises anymore. I hate those kind of articles.

I read that someone loves Morrisons Batman run. It was one of those persons who made that "Best comics of the year"-list, on a site what`s name I don`t remember. I thought that it must be a pretty good run.

I read his New X-men stories (except the stories from issues 126-130, that I haven`t found), and his first JLA-arc. I knew that if I would ever notice a Morrison written book, I`d wanna buy it, or at least read it.

I bought All Star Superman. I like it.

I want to get everything that Morrison writes, and I`m gonna order some of the books that he has written (and co-written).

I found out a little bit, what kind of a person Morrison is like. Now I know that he`s pleasant, but still hot tempered, scottish accented guy.

Now we`re on the present, and I`m making this article. That sums it up.

BONUS: The most shocking pic of Morrison, that I`ve seen.

Disturbing.

Update: The site that had the best comics of 2010 list, is Comic alliance. Check it out, if you already haven`t. Here`s a link.

#1 Posted by The Poet (8193 posts) - - Show Bio

interesting...

Peculiar picture...

#2 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2188 posts) - - Show Bio

Where did you hear All-Star Superman wasn't good? I rarely EVER hear ANYTHING but heaps of praise for it.

#3 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3663 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Mighty Monarch:

It was a review on Amazon. The book is rated 3/5 in that review, because the reviewer felt that the stories weren`t connected enough, to eachother. Weird.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.