Morrison Leaving ACTION COMICS with Issue #16

• 134 results
#51 Posted by Jekylhyde14 (747 posts) - - Show Bio

This. Sucks.

#52 Posted by Icarusflies (12485 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, looks like I get to drop two titles. : /

Aw man, where am I going to get my Morrison fix? D:

#53 Posted by monkeyonurback_ (84 posts) - - Show Bio

i really never understood why people liked morrison so much. i mean i don't have a problem with it i just wish i knew what i was missing. i never liked any story he wrote so this news isn't really that upsetting to me

#54 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jekylhyde14 said:

This. Sucks.

yup
#55 Edited by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Azzarello gets to be on Superman. If he truly is an exclusive, he should have three books.

Its sad that I wont be waiting for a Morrison comic every month though.

#56 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope that with issue 12 of Batman Inc., the whole series will end. That series is really, really unnecessary, no matter who writes it.

But that is not the purpose of my comment. My purpose is to express my sadness. WHY Morrison? Just tell me. Superman will not be good without you.

#57 Posted by DDangelico (219 posts) - - Show Bio

While Ive liked most of the issues in Morrison's run--the series has felt a bit uneven. I'll be interested in seeing who they get to take his place.

#58 Posted by Mandrewgora (295 posts) - - Show Bio

NOPE!

#59 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

My world is going to end.

#60 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

I was very glad to see a new morrison interview because I love them, then at the beginning he started by saying he was leaving both Superman and Batman. We all knew that this was Morrison's last Batman story so that wasn't really surprising even though it was sad, but like many I expected to have several years worth of Morrison's Superman which sadly we won't be able to.

Its even worse when he says that he is leaving superhero comics for awhile. Will be reading everything he writes at Image and Vertigo though.

#61 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I love how everyone thinks that just because Snyder kept Batman cool after Morrison left that he can do the same for Superman.

I'm a huge Snyder fan and he just doesn't seem to be cut out for Supes.

His specialty is dark, twisted stories.

#62 Edited by johnny_spam (2035 posts) - - Show Bio

Morrison did say in some interview before that he had an ending in mind and this would not be that long I guess everyone assumed he would at least stick on longer. Look forward to more creator owned work from him as well as other DC heroes but his absence in the Superman books may hurt a line that is already in need of creative direction.

#63 Posted by yo_yo_fun (643 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:/

#64 Posted by Savage_Hawkman (125 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkrider said:

nooooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#65 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow no please tell this a is a joke.

#66 Posted by kartron (420 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh damn NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just cant trust any other writer with Action comics!!!!!!! I just couldnt digest the detective comics down fall & I will not be able to digest any such thing happening to Supes!!!!!! :(:(:(

#67 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a shame :( I'll have to see who replaces im before i decide whether i drop the series' or not

#68 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope he's able to finish all this Leviathan madnees well :P but man I'm really going to miss him on AC the only good Superman ongoing ;(

#69 Posted by CitizenJP (595 posts) - - Show Bio
#70 Posted by _Zombie_ (10383 posts) - - Show Bio

Craaaaaaaap.

#71 Posted by sweetesttoaster (144 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeff Lemire said he's working on a new project for DC. Maybe he's replacing Morrison on Action. If thats the case then that would be pretty awesome.

#72 Edited by Oedipus_Rex (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care. I'm just not attached to the whole new 52. They're trying to do too much all at once and I have no attachment to any of the characters anymore. Superman is an aloof ass who isn't even concerned that his own cousin has made it to Earth and is all alone in a world she doesn't understand. I think DC has failed on every level in this relaunch.

#73 Posted by Gotham331 (178 posts) - - Show Bio

I've enjoyed Morrisons work on Batman and Superman. I don't understand some of the criticisms about his writings. To me he's one of the best out there

#74 Posted by GalacticPunt (77 posts) - - Show Bio

@sweetesttoaster said:

Jeff Lemire said he's working on a new project for DC. Maybe he's replacing Morrison on Action. If thats the case then that would be pretty awesome.

When wracking my brain for a writer that could take the helm of Action, Lemire seems to be the only one who fits. He can really cut loose with wacky super-science, as the first few issues of Frankenstein show. I think he could do a more cheerful version of that cosmic craziness in Action Comics.

Though maybe Grant has already got the job for Sholly Fisch. I'm not feeling his backup stories too much, but he may have been groomed to take over the main feature all along...

#75 Posted by mathematicscore (167 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, looks like I'll be able to back out of superhero comics for a while...

#76 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Sad of course but curious of who will pick it up after issue 16. What I'm more curious about is his Multiversity thing which has been teased since the end of 2008. This Wonder Woman piece has me intrigued as well...

#77 Posted by Toyrobot (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Inc. is highly overrated anyway.

#78 Posted by batmanfan2 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!!!

kick him out of batman inc as wel!!

#79 Posted by Vilai (7 posts) - - Show Bio

idk how to say it any better but i died a little when i read the title... but i want to see what someone can do in AC, please give me the blue boy scout with lots and lots of metaphorical meanings... i like thinking and deep superman stories. :)

#80 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

no. just no. nooooooooooooooo

#81 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm willing to give Snyder a try.

#82 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#83 Posted by RScottH08 (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, just when i decided to really try and pick up AC and get into it, this happens lol. Like many, I'm just hoping for someone good to continue AC.

#84 Posted by Billy Batson (57914 posts) - - Show Bio

Heard this a week ago or so.
First time I see a CV article linking to another comic book website.
BB

#85 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

Snyder.

#86 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm more upset that he's leaving Batman Inc., I really like how he writes Bruce and Damian.

Hopefully he won't be away for too long.

I am looking forward to this Wonder Woman project though.

#87 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheMess1428 said:

Kinda sad about this. Really curious who will take his place. REALLY CURIOUS. (Please don't let it be Lobdell...) And I hope they turn the Wonder Woman book into WONDER WOMAN: EARTH ONE.

YES..I'm curious about this Wonder Woman project. Hopefully Earth One. That would be amazing.

#88 Posted by Billy Batson (57914 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies said:

Well, looks like I get to drop two titles. : /

Aw man, where am I going to get my Morrison fix? D:

He'll be writing an Image mini which is coming out soon.
BB

#89 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@GalacticPunt said:

@sweetesttoaster said:

When wracking my brain for a writer that could take the helm of Action, Lemire seems to be the only one who fits. He can really cut loose with wacky super-science, as the first few issues of Frankenstein show. I think he could do a more cheerful version of that cosmic craziness in Action Comics.

Though maybe Grant has already got the job for Sholly Fisch. I'm not feeling his backup stories too much, but he may have been groomed to take over the main feature all along...

I read somewhere that he wasn't. :(
#90 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Eat that batman, stop hogging all the great writers

#91 Posted by FanofUltraman (153 posts) - - Show Bio

There goes my hope for a decent Ultraman story. :/

#92 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

Lemire and Hickman are the only ones capable of following Morrison and I cant see ether of them on AC! Aw man this is crap, Snyder, Morrison and Az are like the trinity of DC :-/

#93 Posted by ltbrd (561 posts) - - Show Bio

Best news I've heard all week!

#94 Posted by Mahzian (117 posts) - - Show Bio

Neil Gaiman Superman please :)

#95 Posted by Sekele (276 posts) - - Show Bio

Who will be his replacement?

#96 Posted by supermanfan1234 (206 posts) - - Show Bio
#97 Posted by Scarecrow4 (480 posts) - - Show Bio

Wtf! Can we not keep the same people on the same books for a while!!!! You are KILLING the New 52 with this bullcrap!

#98 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

But it's seriously depressing.

#99 Posted by Lonestar9 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

It's sad, yeah, but I'm not going to just stop the books because he's gone. I'll give whoever is writing the books a chance to see what they do.

#100 Posted by Lvenger (19084 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw man this is really bad news for me! I've really enjoyed Morrison's run on Action Comics. It's the only enjoyable Superman book of the New 52. Now I'm worried about the future of the book and whether things may go downhill for Superman. Fortunately according to my research, Action Comics seems to be the consistently better Superman book than Superman or Man of Steel. Hopefully that trend continues past Morrison's departure.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.