I think I know what grant morrison is up to with batman

Posted by elevatorparty (103 posts) - - Show Bio

first of all i have never read any of grant morrisons batman books  but i have kept an eye on what is going on - read the previews and watched all the reviews. So i know that the black glove tried really hard to kill batman but then Darkseid killed him but now we see he is actually lost in time. 
Here is what i think is going to be revealed 

Dr. hurt who claimed to know so much about batman and thomas wayne - is actually a time displaced Batman. He came to the future (events before the black glove story) and set all these plans in motion to kill Bruce Wayne and at the conclusion to Batman RIP when the helicopter explodes he sends Bruce back in time to the cavemen. Hurt/time-lost-Bruce-Wayne then disguises himself as Batman and takes his place in the fight against darkseid and dies in his place. The Bruce Wayne we have all be following wakes up in the cave thousands of years ago and begins to travel through time until he returns home thus beating death. At what point he has to become Dr. Hurt and set RIP in motion I dont know yet but I think that idea is really coming together... 

Sorry Grant - your outside of the box thinking is no match for mine... 

Finally I am probably way off and I kind of hope that i am cause after rereading what i have so far, the idea seems pretty poor. 

#1 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a helicopter explosion sending people through time is pushing it even in the loose comic book physics terms.

#2 Posted by elevatorparty (103 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" I think a helicopter explosion sending people through time is pushing it even in the loose comic book physics terms. "
hmmm, maybe... so how did batman get out of the helicopter - genuine question actually bcoz like i said i havent read it. i mean is there any chance that someone did an ol' switcheroo?
#3 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Hurt just reappeared in Batman and Robin.

#4 Posted by danhimself (22492 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to say that you're waaaaaaayyyyyy  off

#5 Posted by TheManOfSteel456 (101 posts) - - Show Bio

This is REALLY creative thinking. Way to think outside the box. 

But I think DC doesn't want to do that, because that would be FAR too complicated to comprehend, and a bit of a let down. And plus, that whole thing reminds me of The Clone Saga with Spiderman. 

And wasn't it Darkseid that sent Batman back in time?

#6 Posted by elevatorparty (103 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheManOfSteel456: so did Darkseid's omega beam/whatever both send him back in time and create the Bat-body? Does Darkseid have control of his omega beam? As in did he mean to do that?
#7 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@elevatorparty said:
" @TheManOfSteel456: so did Darkseid's omega beam/whatever both send him back in time and create the Bat-body? Does Darkseid have control of his omega beam? As in did he mean to do that? "
The bat body was revealed to be one of the clones of Batman Darkseid made. The real Batman was sent back through time.

@elevatorparty said:
"hmmm, maybe... so how did batman get out of the helicopter - genuine question actually bcoz like i said i havent read it. i mean is there any chance that someone did an ol' switcheroo? "
He...... Jumped? It wasn't shown on panel, but I think that's a very reasonable conclusion.
#8 Posted by elevatorparty (103 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom:  I know that the redskull sent  captain america off in time but that was because he wanted to take steve's body (right?)   does anyone know why darkseid sent Batman back in time?
#9 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

There is going to be another factor that we didnt see that sent him back... obviously! =P

#10 Posted by TheManOfSteel456 (101 posts) - - Show Bio
@elevatorparty:  

I wouldn't know, I haven't read it. D: My opinion is based on things I've heard. 

But I have heard that there are people who were born with IMMUNITIES to the Omega Beam (Superman...) 

Maybe... Batman... ? xD
#11 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@elevatorparty said:
" @AtPhantom:  I know that the redskull sent  captain america off in time but that was because he wanted to take steve's body (right?)   does anyone know why darkseid sent Batman back in time? "
Because Darkseid gets a kick out if it. I'm completely serious, stranding people through time is one of his favorite pass-times.
#12 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" I think a helicopter explosion sending people through time is pushing it even in the loose comic book physics terms. "

#13 Posted by elevatorparty (103 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom: well to be fair that does seem like a lot of fun. 
#14 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@elevatorparty said:
" @AtPhantom: well to be fair that does seem like a lot of fun.  "
LOL True that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.