Helping each other out with G-Mo's Batman (prelude)

Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

I was talking to a lot of people since my latest Batman review - Batman: The Return.  Some people asked if I was going to review Batman Inc, which I really debated.  For now I've held off.  The Digging Deeper into Bruce Wayne's Past blog got decent response.  So that got me thinking, should we as a community create a Morrison Support group?  I was talking to SUPER-MAN 23 and he commented about "Silkcuts Incorporated", which I thought was cleaver and funny.  I am glad we can joke, but seriously, would a support group be the better direction about talking about Morrison's books? Sounds better then a review an issue or so just pointing out stuff, right? If its a good idea, what would we call this support group and who would join?

I have already listed a lot of the cryptic messages over the last few batman related reviews, I would list more, but I can't do all the detective work, I am sure I miss stuff as well. Who is with me?   

To making a better reader out of all of us.
Cheers
- Silkcuts

#1 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm more than happy to give it a go! I love Morrison and Batman, my favourite writer and my favourite character with a dedicated group; I'm in.

#2 Edited by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:  Okay, so 3 so far. :D
any ideas for a name?
#3 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts: Not a clue lol
#4 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Silkcuts: Not a clue lol "
Then "Grant Morrison's Batman Support Group" for now it is or GMBSG... okay that just looks ugly... lol
#5 Posted by J1ml33 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

you can count me in !

#6 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@J1ml33 said:
" you can count me in ! "
that makes 4 :D
again what will we call it?
#7 Posted by J1ml33 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

Grant Morrison Incorporated ! 

see he likes it .

so what do you guys think ? tell me ..?
#8 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@J1ml33:  Morrison Inc as a working name it is.

We need more suggestions :D
#9 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (1887 posts) - - Show Bio

Need a name?

#10 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@SUPER-MAN 23 said:
" Need a name? "
YUP!
Come on Comicvine, help.
Even if you don't want to join.  Toss some names out.
#11 Edited by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like a lot of analytical work, and I have little time to do such things because AP Literature is taking over my life right now.  For a name, how about "Morrison for the Analytical Reader".

#12 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
"   Sounds like a lot of analytical work, and I have little time to do such things because AP Literature is taking over my life right now.  For a name, how about "Morrison for the Analytical Reader". "
Were getting somewhere, thanks for the suggestion :D

@Raul_The_Man:
Welcome to the site and I hope you enjoy your time at comicvine 
#13 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Raul_The_Man: @SUPER-MAN 23: @Amegashita: @J1ml33: @FadeToBlackBolt: 
I've been thinking....
There should be one main thread that works like the chapter guide, then other forums to key things like one thread for Batman and Son another for R.I.P. , etc
There would also be an "Evolving Idea" thread where we can discuss current events and also threads like "others things" which would have the pop culture, occult, magic, other comic influence, etc.

Do you guys like that Lay-out?
  • chapter page
  1. History: Year One, Son of the Demon, etc.
  2. Batman and Son
  3. Black Glove
etc?
#14 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts:
That looks good =]
#15 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: @J1ml33: @SUPER-MAN 23: @Amegashita: 
Does any of you guys want the responsibility of maintaining the threads? OR should I just do it?
#16 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts: I'm happy to help in any way that I can. Gives me something to do while I'm buzzing around on here.
#17 Edited by Raul_The_Man (67 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm learning how this site is set up and how it functions so I don't think that maintaining anything would be a good idea. I mean I have replied to some posts by Silkcuts but they have actually been private messeges instead of the thread posts I thougth I was doing. So don't freak out silkcuts, I'm not stalking.

#18 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Raul_The_Man:  No worries man, I understand.
BTW, I set up an ask Blog were you can drop a question anytime, or if that is too complicated you can always write on my wall or PM if you have any questions.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.