Grant Morrison's Dr Who rerelease?

#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Guess Who's back?
Before he became known for his ‘leather-boy’ X-Men, neo-retro Superman or universe-changing Final Crisis, Grant Morrison cut his teeth in much the same way other British creators did, including the great Alan Moore, on Doctor Who Magazine’s comic strip.

This Wednesday IDW rereleased the first issue in a series collecting his entire run on the longest running TV comic strip.

Ranging from stories involving the multi-colored Sixth Doctor to the somber Seventh Doctor, these stories are a unique blend of imaginative sci-fi and talented comic book scripting. The artwork by John Ridgeway, Bryan Hitch and Robert Hack is also a real treat. When I initially read these stories, long before I even knew who Grant Morrison was, I was very impressed by them. With the high cost of each issue of Doctor Who Magazine this was a very expensive joy...

I’m pleased to know that a whole new group of readers will now get a chance to experience these comics.

M

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.