Grant Morrison's Biopic Trailer!

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Check out the trailer for the film set to debut at the 2010 San Diego Comic Con

There is something really intriguing about writer Grant Morrison that goes beyond all his knowledge of magic and mysticism; it could be just how crazy and incredible his writing is. I have to say, of all the writers out there, Morrison is by far one of my favorites, and I know I am not alone when I say that. He is unique and his work in the comics industry has been heralded as some of the best. The upcoming biographical documentary 'Grant Morrison: Talking With Gods,' directed by Patrick Meaney,  is a collection of interviews with creators throughout the comics industry such as Matt Fraction ( Invincible Iron Man), Geoff Johns ( Blackest Night) and Mark Waid ( Irredeemable) where they reflect on both Morrison as a creator and influential figure in comics. What do you think of Grant Morrison? What are your favorite books that he has written?
#1 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Coolio

#2 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

By far Action Force 17.
#3 Posted by crosal05 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome...can't wait for this to come out...he's like the Led Zepplin of comics, ha

#4 Posted by crazed_h3ro (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

This guy sounds like a comic book GOD!! 
#5 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Grant and all but he's not one of my top favorites. Someone like Mark Waid is.

#6 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic writers; when the ego outweighs the talent :p

#7 Posted by GreenGriffin (67 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Grant and all, but he will always have Final Crisis on his record. Still one of the best though.

#8 Posted by johnny_spam (2031 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite comic writer he claimed to be abducted by aliens I wonder if that will be mentioned.

#9 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

He is not exactly my style.  Seems more like a bunch of ass-kissery going on just to stroke his ego.   There are other writers far more deserving of a "biopic documentary".    
#10 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a fan of Morrison, and the dude does have insane ideas, but a biopic about a writer?

#11 Edited by johnny_spam (2031 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy:
They've done them before one about Alan Moore one about Robert Crumb I saw one a few months ago from the late eighties so it's not new just rare.
#12 Posted by dc-kid21 (154 posts) - - Show Bio

cool

#13 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Grant Morrison is a god! He's written a lot of brilliant Vertigo stuff (which is why I recognized many of those people) and I vote for Seaguy!!! I hope Grant can write the third volume soon, I'm anxiously waiting for it!

#14 Posted by zombietag (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

um isnt this a little over the top? yea hes a great writer but they make it sound like he saved the world or something

#15 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@zombietag said:
" um isnt this a little over the top? yea hes a great writer but they make it sound like he saved the world or something "
as a member of the Church of Grant Morrison, I find your comment offensive!!!
#16 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

That clip alone makes me want to watch the whole thing. It's interesting to hear what various people in the industry think of him. 

@Decept-O said:

"There are other writers far more deserving of a "biopic documentary"."

@zombietag said: 

" um isnt this a little over the top? yea hes a great writer but they make it sound like he saved the world or something "

I don't understand this mentality at all. Clearly someone wanted to make a movie about him. It's not like he asked for it, or he ruined someone else's chances to have a movie made about them.
#17 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

GM is by far one of my favorite writers of all time in comics and beyond, i cant wait to see this or at least get a better glimpse. 

#18 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"Comic writers; when the ego outweighs the talent :p "

I disagree, Grant can bring it. One or two bad titles doesn't mean he has no talent. I would say he's one of the best writers in the industry today. In fact I love Grant, but the thing about him is he's either bad, or really good, I mean brilliant. You never get average with him.Would love to see this film. 

#19 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, I've always found Morrison as sort of a hit-or-miss writer. Didn't care much for his X-Men run or Final Crisis. :-/

#20 Posted by zombietag (1489 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: and....... point.
#21 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling said:
" Meh, I've always found Morrison as sort of a hit-or-miss writer. Didn't care much for his X-Men run or Final Crisis. :-/ "
read his indie stuff, that's where he can really go wild, it's amazing what kind of crazy sh!t he can come up with!

examples:

The Filth

Seaguy (two volumes, with an upcoming third)

The Invisibles (three volumes)
#22 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks alright.

#23 Posted by crazywolf (653 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Morrison sometimes. JLA, New X-Men, The Invisibles are some books I enjoyed from him.

#24 Posted by manbat (16 posts) - - Show Bio

who's grant morrison?

#25 Posted by drawme (423 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he is a good writer.

#26 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: Hmm....Which would you most recommend? 
#27 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling said:
" @aztek the lost: Hmm....Which would you most recommend?  "
well they've all been nicely collected (except Seaguy Vol. 2 though it is still new), depends on what kind of length you want...The Filth is in a single trade collecting all thirteen issues and The Invisibles is seven trades...all the titles have a very Grant Morrison feel to them, so I'd say maybe try The Filth first to get a taste of Morrison and if you love him, graduate to the Invisibles...as for Seaguy, well, it's still incomplete because DC didn't like the sales of the first volume but I believe he's negotiated the eventual publication of the third one...and he'll by writing Joe the Barbarian (eight-issue mini) which premieres January 20...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.